CREED Officially Confirm Reunion (NEW ALBUM, NEW TOUR, End of Summer)

Johnny Utah

^^

I love how the haters come out. The Rollingstone article has about 160 comments (about 157 more than other articles).

Oh and BTW, that's pretty rich coming from a guy with a bumblefoot avatar. Mark Tremonti runs laps around him with his sound, and anybody who denies Tremonti's talent isn't paying attention.

Edit:

Edited by Johnny Utah

I'm actually starting to like Creed again. The Retro Rock Music Choice station mixed in some 90's music to the 80's Hard Rock/Heavy Metal they had, and now bands like Creed, Stone Temple Pilots, Soul Asylum, and all of the other Alternative Rock/Grunge bands are there. "Torn" is a pretty good song, as is "My Own Prison", "One", and "Sister". Too bad I only have the Human Clay album and all of the songs I listed are on the My Own Prison album.... <_<

I am sorry but Creed are just awful. I simply cannot get into their music.

How somebody could not like My Own Prison is beyond me.

One of the best rock records of the 90's imo, and made for like fucking $4,000 by a bunch of unknowns. (Not just unknown in the sense of fame, but even by record labels,etc.)

It seems there's this idea that Creed was like a corporate created rock band but that's the exact opposite of what actually happened. Hell most people didn't even know what they looked like etc. until they had already had two huge albums because they didn't get any radio play at first and no publicity. My Own Prison was the first album ever released by an uknown label (Wind Up) and they went on to be the biggest band of that era. I like the music, but I find all that other stuff impressive as well.

One of the best rock records of the 90's imo, and made for like fucking $4,000 by a bunch of unknowns. (Not just unknown in the sense of fame, but even by record labels,etc.)

It seems there's this idea that Creed was like a corporate created rock band but that's the exact opposite of what actually happened. Hell most people didn't even know what they looked like etc. until they had already had two huge albums because they didn't get any radio play at first and no publicity. My Own Prison was the first album ever released by an uknown label (Wind Up) and they went on to be the biggest band of that era. I like the music, but I find all that other stuff impressive as well.

They may not have been a corporate created band, but they did become a mainstream corporate type of band. That is what sickens me about them, not to mention Stapp's "holier than thou" attiutude that everyone seems to notice. I find this reuinion disturbing...

They may not have been a corporate created band, but they did become a mainstream corporate type of band. That is what sickens me about them, not to mention Stapp's "holier than thou" attiutude that everyone seems to notice. I find this reuinion disturbing...

I'm not really sure what you mean by a mainstream corporate type of band? I think any band that sells 20 million copies of their first two albums is gonna have to be "corporate" in a way. There's just too much success and money involved at that point. Similar to GNR around the Illusion era.

I could see how someone could listen to their three albums and not like the music that much (everyone has different taste), but the almost groupthink hatred of them astounds me and doesn't make any sense. Although I guess people hating those that are the most successful shouldn't be that surprising.

I'm not really sure what you mean by a mainstream corporate type of band? I think any band that sells 20 million copies of their first two albums is gonna have to be "corporate" in a way. There's just too much success and money involved at that point. Similar to GNR around the Illusion era.

I could see how someone could listen to their three albums and not like the music that much (everyone has different taste), but the almost groupthink hatred of them astounds me and doesn't make any sense. Although I guess people hating those that are the most successful shouldn't be that surprising.

I would never categorize GNR as a sellout. I hate Creed. I don't need to specify any further why they are awful. You sound like you are defending Nickelback

This is fine but I just hate how for 4 years Mark Tremonti and the rest of the guys said in multiple guitar one and guitar world issues that Creed would NEVER happen again. Front cover material. The hypocrisy of it all. Besides, Alter Bridge seemed to allow them to excel as musicians.

"They may not have been a corporate created band, but they did become a mainstream corporate type of band."

Happens with all successful bands. You think Zeppelin was the same that they were when they first started out? Nah.

"That is what sickens me about them, not to mention Stapp's "holier than thou" attiutude that everyone seems to notice."

Where does he show this? He's been in a public feud with Fred Durst (who's the definition of mainstream corporate rock), and has attempted suicide (which is a sin), and I've never seen him claim to be higher than anyone else just because of his faith.

"I find this reuinion disturbing..."

I find your state of mind disturbing. Why a reunion of a band "disturbs" you is childish, immature, and ridiculous.

"I would never categorize GNR as a sellout."

For no other reason then them being your favorite band. I don't think they sold out, but I don't think Creed did either. Just because a band gets massively successful doesn't mean they "sold out".

"I hate Creed. I don't need to specify any further why they are awful."

You shouldn't have to begin with. Now you just sound retarded. I personally have to discredit anything to further come from you, as all of your reasons for hating them have been retarded. You couldn't have said you don't like their sound? You had to attempt personal attacks based on falsehood? Way to go, buddy! :rolleyes:

"You sound like you are defending Nickelback"

Why? Because they're two massively successful Modern Rock bands? That's the only similarities I see between them... Another example of your slowness.

Edited by LightningBolt