U2 Discussion

CryptElf

This is not a dig at you but it is the same story; every few weeks someone new comes into the U2 thread, says they suck or they are the worst band ever and offer no explanation for it and then get really offensive when they get asked about it.

Its gotten really old.

worst band ever

No, the Ju-Ju Hounds are.

who?

Your name is "izzygirl" and you don't even know of his band the Ju-Ju Hounds? Get the fuck outta here! :lol:

and you don´t even know what sarcasm means, do you?

Oh, that was sarcasm? You're terrible at it then.

USE THE PUNCTUATION NEXT TIME, BITCH.

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

Really, if you don't like the band, why even come into the thread and posting? Coming in and saying "Meh, I don't really like U2." is one thing, but saying "Worst band ever" is just trolling. :rolleyes:

Maybe my sarcasm is bad... but your sense of humor isn´t much better! :shrugs:

And I come into the thread just because I wanna, ok? I have my own opinion, which is as respectable as yours. If I think that they are overrated, I will tell it!!

One more thing: GILIPOLLAS.

Sorry, you're wrong, and Izzy sucks. I can only presume since you like him that you are 40 and have saggy tits.

Enjoy your terrible taste,

worst band ever

who?

Your name is "izzygirl" and you don't even know of his band the Ju-Ju Hounds? Get the fuck outta here! :lol:

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

Really, if you don't like the band, why even come into the thread and posting? Coming in and saying "Meh, I don't really like U2." is one thing, but saying "Worst band ever" is just trolling. :rolleyes:

And I come into the thread just because I wanna, ok? I have my own opinion, which is as respectable as yours. If I think that they are overrated, I will tell it!!

Sorry, you're wrong, and Izzy sucks. I can only presume since you like him that you are 40 and have saggy tits.

Yeah...yeah... whatever you want... :crazy:

worst band ever

who?

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

Izzy does not suck! And lots of people like Izzy so it's not like some abnormal thing or anything. Besides, it's better than liking Slash. :tongue2:

Guest floyd the barber

worst band ever

who?

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

:lol:

Her profile states she's fourteen and she resides in Izzy's bed.

worst band ever

who?

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

Stop foiling my beautiful trolling. :(

worst band ever

who?

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

So much for being 40, hm? :tongue2:

worst band ever

who?

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

well according cryptelf, he resides in Black Sabbath's womb.

worst band ever

who?

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

well according cryptelf, he resides in Black Sabbath's womb.

But right now he's tied up in my bed. :tongue2:

I think there was always one or two songs on each album, that usually fit on the next album... they said "God Part II" should've been on "Achtung Baby" and not "Rattle and Hum",

I don't think U2 did their albums with the intent to make them trilogies. Boy and October were written around the same time, and October had a setback because Bono's lyrics were stolen. October - the band almost broke up. War, the band became a cohesive unit and you could understand the lyrics better. Of course, Unforgettable Fire, Bono did go back to making up words to fit the music (Elvis Presley and America), but that was the beginning of a longstanding relationship with Brian Eno, who made great use of Edge's soundscapes. Joshua Tree wasn't Unforgettable Fire Part II, even though MLK and Where the Streets Have No Name blend in nicely. Rattle and Hum was kind of a hit and miss experiment - new songs mixed with live cuts from the Joshua Tree tour, most people would've preferred a whole live album at the time, though, or a new studio album. They had so much recorded music in 87-88 that they still have yet to release it all, and they've already put the deluxe edition of Joshua Tree out.

The Zoo to Pop era, you have to include Passengers, too.

The past 10 years - I think it was more about them stealing from themselves and using familiar sounds to the audience. Also, Bono isn't around for the U2 sessions as much as he used to be, because he's busy raising money and awareness for so many things, that he barely has the time to meet up with them in Spain, but the working relationship somehow works. Edge and Bono will sketch out songs in the kitchen or home studio, then the band goes off to Spain to work on the songs without Bono, by the time he goes to Spain, they've got most of the music done. That's why they're able to keep putting new music out. Adam and Larry have bitched about it publicly, but they also understand what he's doing is prob. more important than being a rock star and give him leeway. At this point - they're still fairly young as guys, but in terms of rock stars, they're geezers and would be the first to admit it.

1987 was an interesting year in music.. There's nothing that sounded like or sounds like Joshua Tree, and even though Achtung Baby is a fan favorite, the one U2 album you'd turn people on to first is going to be Joshua Tree.One of the best albums of the 80s,yet nothing on there makes it sound like an "80s album". Same with AFD (not counting videos). When a band makes songs that hold up 20 years later, they've achieved classic status,. Keeping in mind nobody in U2 is exceptionally talented as musicians. They'd be the first to admit it, but what they've done working with what they've got is pretty significant.

Edited by dalsh327

worst band ever

who?

thumb160x_sarc.jpg

No, it doesn´t. :shrugs: Look at the correct profile... if you don´t mind!! <_<

Achtung Baby is a great album.

This will always be my favorite U2 album, not a single bad song on it imo. :thumbsup:

Zooropa is still my favorite album by them. Which is strange as when I first listened to it I HATED it so much and only liked two songs. Now I love the entire thing.