RAMMSTEIN!!! The awesomely epic official thread

Monty

I fucking love Keine Lust!

The bridge is hard as fuck - that savage AK-47 drumming and massive air-raid siren wailing over the top.

I love Till headbanging in the fat suit. :lol:

Edit - Flake should bring out the keyboard wheelchair for live performances.

Edited by Dead Flower

Let's get a move on. I'm behind.

# 8 Tier

doch nur ein..

Tier!

Let's re-wind and go back to early-ish Rammstein, when their songs were a lot more simple- shorter - packed a lot of punch - and probably more gruesome.

Tier's point is simple, incest occurs as a Father sleeps with his own daughter, why are the most insanely catchy songs so vile lyrically? Never the less it wouldn't be the same if it was different.

Eventually the girl grows into a woman, and she tells her story in her Fathers blood. Creepy.

The chorus will leave a great impression, Till's vocals in fine barking order. But Flake's weird techno noises shine the most, here. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw0Ad8yVgkY&feature=player_embedded

WAS tust du?

WAS fühlst du?

WAS bist du?

but only a

Animal

Another fine choice!

Tier is definitely one of their "dance metal" songs. Has some really cool techno shit goin' on.

The lyrical content of the Sehnsucht album is so dark and disturbing. And Till's voice is so low and deep, which adds to the creepiness.

Speaking of creepy, how about the band bringing out the spooky looking kid when they used to play Tier live? Check

out. Flashing from the kid to Till's wild gesturing. :rofl-lol:

I am suffering from severe loss and sadness due to the Germans crushing my homelands team in footie. :angry: </3

# 7 Küss Mich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNzHSM7-FOM&feature=player_embedded

We move only 7 tracks up and we find the mighty Küss Mich

Sexual, dirty, catchy, funky, funny. It might just be my favourite from the sehnsucht album, it's about a woman who desires to give and receive oral sex

“˜Frog’ is used in German as slang for female genitals. The song uses many interesting effects; one can even hear throughout the song a noise used in various cartoon shows.

I love everything about this song, the cartoon noises are brilliant, Till's voice rocks. There also seems to be several back-up vocals going on throughout, A solid chorus which will leave you yelling -

KISS ME! ;)

Dangerously underrated, should be a permanent fixture in anybodies R playlist.

Edited by MoonWalker

Just discovered that Metallica released a live DVD (Français Pour Une Nuit) that was recorded last year at Arena of Nîmes .

:thumbsdown:

They want to be as epic as Goddstein and have their own Völkerball. :no:

I watched some of it on youtube. It was super gay.

They have been gay since 1993.

Metallica that is

They should not have allowed any other bands to play at Arena of Nîmes after Rammstein's glorious epic face-melting ownage in 2005.

Instead they should have erected a 30 meter tall 'Colossus of Nîmes' Till statue in the middle of the arena as a lasting tribute. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dead Flower

#6 Stein Um Stein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1YoM8iELE&feature=related&feature=player_embedded

When i first listened to this song, it left a gigantic hole in my head. Sheer brutality mixed with absolute force and power.

It's about building a little house to encase the victim alive, (..Stone by Stone..) some even speculate it could be related to the Berlin wall.

2:28 to 3:18 might be the most awesome sounding thing I've ever heard, it's insane. Clever little word play, couldn't escape a standard band name scream/chant.

An interesting pun exists in the lyrics during the final verse of the song. Till sings, “Wenn ich sie in dein Leibholz ramm-…Stein um Stein…” The literal translation is, “When I ram them into your body-wood…Stone by stone…” However, because of German grammar and conjugation rules, the verb “ramm,” meaning “to ram” must be placed at the end of the sentence. Thus, this creates “ramm-…Stein,” wordplay alluding to the name of the band.

#5 Benzin

Fast, ferocious and threatening !

Simply put; Till Lindemann wants petrol, and he doesn't want anything else. cocaine, doctors, medicine, women, and even caffeine are all off the agenda.

Growing growling anger, Bezin makes it's demands and grows stronger and stronger, the 'battering-ramm' in full force here. Que creepy Till life-tip:

If you want to part with something

then you have to incinerate it

If you never want to see it again

let it swim in petrol

--Manic laughter--

Noted, big guy. :thumbsup:

Edited by MoonWalker