RAMMSTEIN!!! The awesomely epic official thread

Monty

#4 Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?

Do you want to see the bed in flames?

Till sounds vicious, hellish screams can be heard throughout. I wouldn't fuck with this song.

Sex ist ein Schlacht

Liebe ist Krieg

(Sex is a battle

Love is war)

Some of the freakin' hardest sounding music I've ever heard. Click

, if you don't believe me. Edited by MoonWalker

• 2 weeks later...

#2 Hilf Mir

My secret is, I was actually seriously tempted to put this one on top, at number 1. Alas, it misses out, but only just.

This song kicks you in the stomache and leaves your intestines pouring out onto the floor, it's one of the most grittiest and meanest Rammstein songs, with absolute power, the chorus and verses leading up WILL seep into your brain.The drums and guitars are like an atomic bomb.

“Hilf mir” (Help me) is based on the story of “Die gar traurige Geschichte mit dem Feuerzeug” from “Der Struwwelpeter” by Heinrich Hoffmann (1809-1894). The story is about a girl who lights a match and develops an unusual love of fire (see pyromania). When a flame accidentally touches her dress, she, along with her house, is burned to the ground. At the end she rises from the ashes to the sunshine.

Every time that I'm alone

I'm pulled to the fire

Why is the sun round

Why don't I get healthy

HILF MIR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0tJLmEcbDM&feature=player_embedded

#1 Sonne

Absolutely no contest, bar none, this is Rammsteins best song. I've never heard something so powerful yet hypnotic and catchy at the same time. The chorus is legendary, Till is a real poet.

How the f*ck do I describe such a beautfiul song? It evokes a rare feeling of beauty and mystique, you don't find it too often, Rammstein certainly don't belt out one like this every record.

This song was originally going to be used as heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko’s entrance music, but was never used. The demo name of the song was Klitschko. Even without the use as Klitschko’s entrance music, the song still references boxing through the verses and the counting to ten, as a referee does for a potential KO.

But I believe there's every possibility it's meaning could be related to so many things more than just boxing, or snow white like the video could lead to suggest, for instance, let's dicipher some lyrics:

"Die Sonne scheint mir aus den händen" Literarlly becomes "The sun shines to me from the hands" in english, and the swastika is an ancient symbol for the sun in the Hindu beliefs. Hier kommt die.. !

This guy said it better on another website:

Listening to the song I definitely get the feeling it is about the Jews rising up against the Nazis, Jesus and the end times. But who knows? It's a very powerful song and deserves a powerful interpretation.

Sonne takes itself too seriously (despite it having some doubts what it even is) it's unnecessarily loud, and features some german guy who can't really sing, singing in a almost opera like fassion, and I fucking love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXqEMuXGK08&feature player_embedded

Two songs from Rosenrot in the top three. :thumbsup:

Rosenrot > Reise Reise, imo.

I tried so hard to fit Spring in my top ten. It's such a powerful and epic song. The lyrics are a wonderful commentary on mob mentality and peoples obsession with tragedy. Love the huge chorus and heavy as fuck riffage. Expertly crafted in the way the band builds the tension to the dramatic final act where the victim is 'redeemed from this shame'. Also, the really subtle droning hum that starts at the 4:20 mark that sounds like a crowd baying for blood - brilliant. Insane song.

Hilf mir is another example of Till's poetry transferring amazingly well to such a heavy song. Till writes a lot of fucked-up love songs, and I see this as a love story about a pyromaniac girl and her deadly/dangerous love of fire. My absolute favourite part of the song is in the outro when Till does those amazing harmonies, screaming "Das Feuer liebt mich" (the fire loves me) in his deep gritty voice and "Das Feuer liebt mich nicht" (the fire loves me not) over the top in a much softer and sadder voice.

Sonne. Fuck! What a riff. What a song. And it goes to a whole other level when they play it live. I'm sure they burn a hole in the ozone layer every single time they play it - so much fuckin' fire. I love how Till doesn't just headbang to that riff, he does a full body bang that is nearly as cool as a Till Hammer.

• 1 month later...

Come to the goddamn states already, ffs

http://www.thegarden.com/events/rammstein.html

'GERMANY'S MOST GLORIOUS ROCK BAND MAKES ONE AND ONLY U.S.-APPEARANCE

AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ON DECEMBER 11TH, 2010!

RAMMSTEIN announced today their only U.S. live performance at Madison Square Garden in New York City is scheduled for Saturday, December 11, 2010. This will be the only US show by the Berlin-based six-piece band, who have not performed in the United States since 2001. Tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning Friday, October 8 at NOON and available at Ticketmaster and TheGarden.com.

'

Edited by st0n3r