AC/DC Retiring?

JesusisSavior

AC/DC Frontman On Retirement: 'I Don't Want To Look A Prat If I Try To Push It Too Far' - July 23, 2009

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson admitted in a new interview with Classic Rock magazine that he has been considering retirement. "We were talking about the end of the tour and I said, 'We're finishing in May and that's me done!'" he says. "But Malcolm [Young, rhythm guitarist] said, 'What are you talkin' about? We're not gonna let you retire!' And now they're talking about next year. I'm going, 'What do you mean next year? We're finishing in May in Japan, I'll be tired!' And they said: 'Well, we've been offered some festivals…'"

The 61-year-old Johnson, who is scheduled to publish his autobiography "Rockers And Rollers" in October, insists that he remains fully committed to AC/DC, but says, "It's a tough one. It's not me — it's just my age," he reveals. "I try to keep myself fit, and I love it being in this band. But it's not just me — Cliff [Williams, bassist] is knocking on a bit more than the others. The other lads are in their early 50s. I'm the old dog in the regiment.

"It's a purely selfish thing. I don't want to look a prat if I try to push it too far. I don't want for people to see me on stage and say, 'Oh, poor old fucker, the band's carrying him!'"

Despite this, Johnson says he's feeling as good as he's ever done, and enjoying every moment on stage.

"We've been out on the road since September [2008], but it never gets boring," he says. "They're just the best rock band, and just to listen to them every night, it gets me. Every time they kick in, you think, What the fuck! You're on again and you're thinking, 'This is ridiculous! I'm still grooving!'"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=124134

----

:( Brian's run a great race.

I understand Brian's feelings...but I have to say I am REALLY impressed with his vocal performances on both Black Ice and on the tour! He sounds like he did in the Flick of the Switch days back in '83, '84! It's great. I've heard they've been working out with F1 trainers and whatnot...so I think he's got a few more years left in'em. However, I do know he has high blood pressure...so he still needs to take it easy. I think it'd be great to see Acca Dacca play in some festivals!!

I understand Brian's feelings...but I have to say I am REALLY impressed with his vocal performances on both Black Ice and on the tour! He sounds like he did in the Flick of the Switch days back in '83, '84! It's great. I've heard they've been working out with F1 trainers and whatnot...so I think he's got a few more years left in'em. However, I do know he has high blood pressure...so he still needs to take it easy. I think it'd be great to see Acca Dacca play in some festivals!!

I fully agree

AC/DC: Dad rock defined.

That's Grandad Rock to you. :thumbsup:

Am I the only one who doesn't really even know what Dad Rock is supposed to mean? Out-dated or something?

Rock music that Generation Jones, ergo our dads, grew up on and still appreciates.

Oh. Then what's wrong with that?

Am I the only one who doesn't really even know what Dad Rock is supposed to mean? Out-dated or something?

Rock music that Generation Jones, ergo our dads, grew up on and still appreciates.

Because that's the first music young males of the western world often listen to on a serious level. Most people get tired of it and start expanding their horizons with more diverse and exciting music, and refer to the music they once listened to with a derogatory term - "dad rock".

Because that's the first music young males of the western world often listen to on a serious level. Most people get tired of it and start expanding their horizons with more diverse and exciting music, and refer to the music they once listened to with a derogatory term - "dad rock".

Well, those people are fags.

Well, those people are fags.

I find that a really patronising insulting term if thats the meaning behind it. And its quite telling that its used by a bunch of people that once liked it. Points to a distinct whiff of phoniness on their part.

Kevin is wrong. Dad rock is like Bob Seger, Supertramp, Steely Dan (gags), or Bruce Springsteen.
Yes.
I got a lot of shit a month or so ao when I said that I dont really get the full appeal of AC/DC I went to see them at Wembley in June and I thought they looked slightly ridiculous. I dont deny they have some fun songs but by god they are overated.

No.

Edited by Powerage5

Pathetic to just dismiss music as dad rock, like you're above liking it. I've moved on to plenty different styles of music since AC/DC were my favourite band, but I don't just dismiss tAC/DC as outdated or not sophisticated enough for my tastes, bit of a pretentious thing to do.

Pathetic to just dismiss music as dad rock, like you're above liking it. I've moved on to plenty different styles of music since AC/DC were my favourite band, but I don't just dismiss tAC/DC as outdated or not sophisticated enough for my tastes, bit of a pretentious thing to do.

Pretty much what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words to say it with, so I never really tried.