Sweden Rock Festival

Guest Iron Fist SS

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Oh, that's not good. I would advise you to go anyway. The people there are very nice and friendly. I'm sure you'd find loads of friends during those days.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Would really love to attend. But I still need to sell one of the tickets, and if I can sell both of them I think that's the best. Then I could go with friends in either Aalborg or Berlin. Well, time will show, don't know if I even get to sell them away.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

A (beginning) of anrunningorder is finally here.

swedenrocku.jpg

Damn fuckers! They've put GN'R and Stratovarius at the same time! Fuckers! They've never put someone to play at the same time as the headliner before. <_<

This means that I will miss Mayhem, Behemoth and Stratovarius.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

There are 500 new one-day tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday (When Guns N' Roses are playing). It can be read in Swedish on their website, but for some reason, they haven't wrote it in their English version.

Nu släpper vi fler endagsbiljetter

Pga den stora efterfrågan på årets endagsbiljetter har vi beslutat att med en liten manöver skaka fram ytterligare 500 endagsbiljetter till torsdagen, fredagen och lördagen. Det totala maxantalet besökare på 33000 per dag kvarstår, eftersom vi även fortsättningsvis vill erbjuda våra besökare en festivalupplevelse utöver det vanliga.

Så du som bara vill eller har möjlighet att komma en av festivaldagarna, för att se Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Gary Moore eller något annat av dina favoritband, har nu åter chansen att köpa en endagsbiljett!

Translated on Google:

Now we release multi-day tickets

Due to the high demand for this year's one-day tickets, we have decided that with a small maneuver

shake up an additional 500 one-day tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The total

maximum number of 33 000 visitors per day remains, as we continue to

offer our visitors a festival experience beyond the ordinary.

So you only want or have the opportunity to be one of the festival, to see

Aerosmith, Guns N 'Roses, Gary Moore or any other of your favorite bands, has now re-

the chance to buy a day ticket!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Sweden Rock to honour Ronnie James Dio

Ronnie James Dio made five appearances at Sweden Rock Festival: three times with his own band Dio, and twice with Heaven & Hell - most recently just last summer. Ronnie always had a keen eye towards Sweden and Sweden Rock, and over the years we developed a good relationship to both him and his wife/manager Wendy. It was with heavy hearts we woke up Monday morning realising that the news of his passing the day before had not been a bad dream, and that one of the greatest of all time had indeed left us.

To honour his memory, we have decided to rename the Zeppelin Stage: this year it will be called Dio Stage. We are also planning a tribute ceremony on one of the main stages. More info on this will follow shortly.

In October, we will gather some of the most prominent Swedish metal musicians for a tribute concert on the Sweden Rock Cruise. The names of the participants will be announced as soon as they have been confirmed.

Sweden Rock to honour Ronnie James Dio

Ronnie James Dio made five appearances at Sweden Rock Festival: three times with his own band Dio, and twice with Heaven & Hell - most recently just last summer. Ronnie always had a keen eye towards Sweden and Sweden Rock, and over the years we developed a good relationship to both him and his wife/manager Wendy. It was with heavy hearts we woke up Monday morning realising that the news of his passing the day before had not been a bad dream, and that one of the greatest of all time had indeed left us.

To honour his memory, we have decided to rename the Zeppelin Stage: this year it will be called Dio Stage. We are also planning a tribute ceremony on one of the main stages. More info on this will follow shortly.

In October, we will gather some of the most prominent Swedish metal musicians for a tribute concert on the Sweden Rock Cruise. The names of the participants will be announced as soon as they have been confirmed.

Very cool!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Mastadon cancel due to illness. They are replaced by Mustasch.

MUSTASCH (S)

Mustasch (obviously "moustache" in Swedish) make no bones about how digestable they are. They are all about meaty riffs and catchy choruses, in short nice, unpretentious and groove-based hard rock with party potential. The more repetitive, potsmoke-oozing stoner sound of debut EP "The true sound of the new West" (2001) was more of an honest mistake - albums like "Above all" (2002), "Ratsafari" (2003) and "Latest version of the truth" (2007) consist mainly of immediate slam-dunks like "Double nature" off the latter album, a massive Swedish hit. In 2008 two of the members found the band's success too time-consuming. Consequently, the fifth album "Mustasch" (2009) introduced a new line-up. Ralf Gyllenhammar (vocals/guitar) and Mats Johansson (bass) was now accompanied by guitarist David Johannesson (ex-Sparzanza) and drummer Danne McKenzie (ex-Jug McKenzie). All for the better, as it turned out - the new Mustasch line-up is a juggernaut both on record and live.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Thursday june 10th at 2.45 PM: We honor Ronnie James Dio

Thursday june 10th at 2.45 PM we will hold a ceremony for Ronnie James Dio. This will be held at Festival Stage directly after Nazareth. We hope you all will be there to honor one of the finest voices of rock all times who unfortunately left us all way to early!

Only two days left now! ^_^