lady gaga

junkiejoethehobo

Forgive my blasphemy, but honestly: "Speechless" reminded me of the type of Elton John-style ballad that Axl was trying to achieve with "Street of Dreams." All it's missing is a sweet guitar solo. It's a great pop song.

I love the way she distorts her voice. There's no way to describe it...it's just the way she sings, and it's awesome. (Perfect example: "Bay-bay you gay-va up-pa" -- love the weird enunciation).

i agree. best moment for is when she raises her voice right at the end - "oh boy WHAEYyyeerr so speechless" - what a fucking song!

the fame monster is a killer album, "so happy i could die" is my favorite atm.

i'm seeing her live in early may, should be a blast.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see alot of people into her lately, I dont know her nor care to, but what ever happened to her having a penis? I did here that one.. or was that not true?

There was a reference to that "penis rumor" in her Telephone video. I didn't think she would go there, but she did. It was pretty cool she was making fun of it.

I never saw any bulge anyway. Stupid rumors.

Edited by SHoUP

Forgive my blasphemy, but honestly: "Speechless" reminded me of the type of Elton John-style ballad that Axl was trying to achieve with "Street of Dreams." All it's missing is a sweet guitar solo. It's a great pop song.

listened to it last night and i think you hit the nail on the head.

Lady GaGa in bid for Bond song

BOND films spawn some colourful characters - Baron Samedi, Nick Nack, Jaws, Oddjob, Blofeld and Scaramanga.

But none can match the latest crackpot to be linked with the movie franchise - LADY GAGA.

The bonkers singer may be getting a licence to thrill Bond fans by writing and singing the film's next theme tune. And who better?

She wears a hamster wheel as armour, carries a potentially lethal tea cup and is never without a roll of industrial strength gaffer tape.

Her name even fits seamlessly in the long list of outrageous Bond Girls - Kitty Stroker, Plenty O'Toole, Mary Goodnight, Xenia Onatopp, Honey Rider and Pussy Galore.

GaGa also happens to be perfectly qualified for the gig, given that she is one of the best pop stars on the planet.

She would be near the top, if not top, of my wish-list if I were a Bond bigwig.

A source said: "Bond bosses are all huge GaGa fans. Her sound and sense of drama make her the top choice.

GaGa has the look as well as the voice to tackle a thundering ballad. She's a great songwriter too. This is perfect on every level."

The decision to ask GaGa to submit a song was made at a recent project meeting.

I was wary because it feels like every time a Bond film comes around, a flurry of names are linked with the gig.

AMY WINEHOUSE was in contention for Quantum Of Solace but threw her chance away in a summer of drunken madness.

If she gets her act together she could be given another chance.

Crooner MICHAEL BUBLE is also in the frame to submit a demo this time. The best effort will get the gig.

There is time for months of negotiation because filming has been put back - partly due to the recession and partly to make the film 3D.

Until a title is decided the movie, starring DANIEL CRAIG, is being referred to as Bond 23.

The last theme, Another Way To Die, was penned by WHITE STRIPES guitarist JACK WHITE and sung by ALICIA KEYS.

It reached just No9 in the UK charts and was blasted by some fans as the worst ever theme.

GaGa's idol MADONNA has done the Bond job too, so I guarantee this is one offer she would love.

I'm sure it will be a SMERSH hit.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2914222/Bond-girl-is-really-GaGa.html#ixzz0jlZn6c64

im all for her doing the song but i think gaga would be just as good as a bond villian, at least in the 70's.

i think daniel craig is the best bond but my personal favourite bond films are the ridiculous roger moore bonds, like the man with the golden gun when the car jumps the river / does a barrel roll with the slide whistle sound effect. those movies had the best gadgets too. modern bond has invisible cars and portable defibulators, 70's bond had a belt buckle that made toast.

gaga wouldnt be out of place with a telephone woven into the side of her head

Edited by Jackie Moon

I know its quite a few singles back, but I've been listening to "Just Dance" like crazy for the past few days. I've heard comparisons to Madonna or Gwen Stefani but I have to say there is something very Kate Bush about her vision. A lot of you will probably disagree, but I'm going there. Like Kate, she is very original and sees her art as something bigger than just music. She writes songs with the outfits she will wear to them in mind, how fucking crazy/awesome is that? Her lyrics are very smart as well.

Just Dance is still my favourite of hers, there's just something about it that screams "good times." I think her true talent has been winning over people who would normally hate her, just by being totally different. She's not a Britney, or Christina, or even Madonna... she's something different entirely and i think it's great that we still have a mainstream artist outside of rock, or electro, someone who is essentally doing pop music and doing it well in the way that Prince and Bowie did in the past.

Her lyrics are clever as well.

This!

I was a hater at first, but ended up getting copies of both her CDs. There are a few songs I could pass on, but I stand by my assertion that Gaga is the best thing to happen to music in a generation. Her style is original, her lyrics are smart, her producers are on point, and overall, she produces quality stuff. When I first heard about her (not her music, just the name) I thought it would be another britney/Christina/disney soundtrack. WHenever you go out in the clubs, and POKERFACE comes on, the party really starts!

And, just to let you know how HUGE she has become, there are two foreign artists in China that EVERYBODY knows about

1) Michael Jackson

2) Lady Gaga

At least overseas, she made it to that level. In Philippines, where I spent a few weeks, they play not only her 'hits', but all the other songs too. She is a phenom over here! I'm a harsh judge of music and dont listen to much, but Gaga gets an "A" in my book. It's the soundtrack for 2009, spilling over into 2010 easy.

im all for her doing the song but i think gaga would be just as good as a bond villian, at least in the 70's.

i think daniel craig is the best bond but my personal favourite bond films are the ridiculous roger moore bonds, like the man with the golden gun when the car jumps the river / does a barrel roll with the slide whistle sound effect. those movies had the best gadgets too. modern bond has invisible cars and portable defibulators, 70's bond had a belt buckle that made toast.

That's what a Bond Film should be like though. Don't get me wrong, I like Daniel Craig but he's not James Bond. The last two have been good action films, but not Bond films. They're supposed to be ridiculous, with plenty of quick lines and laughable stereotypes.

That's what a Bond Film should be like though. Don't get me wrong, I like Daniel Craig but he's not James Bond. The last two have been good action films, but not Bond films. They're supposed to be ridiculous, with plenty of quick lines and laughable stereotypes.

I agree but I think the Roger Moore and Brosnan films too it too far.

The Connery films were the best balance.

It does seem all the reboots these days are going to gritting root ala Batman Begins