OFFICIAL Dec 13 Seoul, South Korea Show Thread

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nothing :xmasschef2:

bloody hell! I thought the koreans were up to there necks in tecnolagy etc!

Exactly, I was expecting HD DVD copies to be on the streets right now.

Not even a fucking twitter picture

<_<

well its well known that South korea is still somewaht repressive in terms of the government (they've improved no end over the last few decades though!) and the people do follow the rules so I guess if they were asked not to film maybe they didn't film, who knows. Its very strange

maybe axl attacked every member of the public with a camara? :thumbsup:

16 GNR songs today vs. 18 in Taiwan.

They need to be at 22-23 songs (not jams and solos) every show. If Axl is not in shape enough to do so now, then he should have not agreed to tour until he would be in the physical condition needed to put on a full show. It is not fair to fans at the first few shows to give them abbreviated setlists littered with solos because Axl is the one everyone is coming to to see ultimately as he is GNR, and most of the band had very little to do with the recording of basically all of GNR's catalog including the CD material. Rightly or wrongly the shows are all about Axl for most people, and he can do better than 16 or 18 songs.

somebody posted a short review on HTGTH

I just got home from this show. I will be do a fuller review on my blog tomorrow, but here are a few highlights...

* If anybody saw the white guy who translated outside the express (first 1000 people from each side) queue, that was me Cheesy

* The opening act got stiffed with a 15 minute set. I was pleased.

* There were some problems with the stage, and they had to screw a few things down just before the show started

* The stage looks fucking sweet though!

* Ashba fucking rocks! Awesome player, and he works the crowd like a superstar. He was obviously being showcased, and he was the first image anybody saw (Pics getting emailed to me tomorrow. Iconic), and the crowd all knew his name. Nobody wanted the other guy with the hat Wink

* Ron's new double-neck is, quite possibly, the sexiest guitar ever made.

* There were sound problems. Opening chops of CD were muted, and Axl's mic was all over the place, as were guitars from time to time.

* Axl apologised for his vocals on Sorry. Musically, it was great, but he seemed to have problems deciding where to sing (the key goes up and down like a whores drawers). People I was with didn't notice anything wrong, but I did. Kudos for trying though. I am sure the problems will be ironed out

* No "This I love". Bummer! I wanted to call the wife and let her here it, as she was pretty gutted she couldn't come with me. She is desperate to hear that song played live. Hopefully they will come back next year Wink

* No Encore. Paradise City finished seconds before 11:30, so I am guessing they were on a curfew (else they would have worked the encore). The crowd were begging for more. Literally! Cries of "Please Guns N' Roses play some more" were all around me. Despite the lack of encore, there was a lengthy set. The people I went with were surprised at how long a GN'R show lasts!

* I got T-Shirts. I will take pics tomorrow and upload them somewhere.

Edited by Laparka

somebody posted a short review on HTGTH

I just got home from this show. I will be do a fuller review on my blog tomorrow, but here are a few highlights...

* If anybody saw the white guy who translated outside the express (first 1000 people from each side) queue, that was me Cheesy

* The opening act got stiffed with a 15 minute set. I was pleased.

* There were some problems with the stage, and they had to screw a few things down just before the show started

* The stage looks fucking sweet though!

* Ashba fucking rocks! Awesome player, and he works the crowd like a superstar. He was obviously being showcased, and he was the first image anybody saw (Pics getting emailed to me tomorrow. Iconic), and the crowd all knew his name. Nobody wanted the other guy with the hat Wink

* Ron's new double-neck is, quite possibly, the sexiest guitar ever made.

* There were sound problems. Opening chops of CD were muted, and Axl's mic was all over the place, as were guitars from time to time.

* Axl apologised for his vocals on Sorry. Musically, it was great, but he seemed to have problems deciding where to sing (the key goes up and down like a whores drawers). People I was with didn't notice anything wrong, but I did. Kudos for trying though. I am sure the problems will be ironed out

* No "This I love". Bummer! I wanted to call the wife and let her here it, as she was pretty gutted she couldn't come with me. She is desperate to hear that song played live. Hopefully they will come back next year Wink

* No Encore. Paradise City finished seconds before 11:30, so I am guessing they were on a curfew (else they would have worked the encore). The crowd were begging for more. Literally! Cries of "Please Guns N' Roses play some more" were all around me. Despite the lack of encore, there was a lengthy set. The people I went with were surprised at how long a GN'R show lasts!

* I got T-Shirts. I will take pics tomorrow and upload them somewhere.

I Want. Be looking on ebay this week =D

His name is Lurk and he was one of the HTGTH members attending. Give credits to the guy. It's late in Seoul and he still had the patience to post this for us!

Btw he edited:

• If anybody saw the white guy who translated outside the express (first 1000 people from each side) queue, that was me cheesy.gif
  • The opening act got stiffed with a 15 minute set. I was pleased.
  • There were some problems with the stage, and they had to screw a few things down just before the show started
  • The stage looks fucking sweet though!
  • Ashba fucking rocks! Awesome player, and he works the crowd like a superstar. He was obviously being showcased, and he was the first image anybody saw (Pics getting emailed to me tomorrow. Iconic), and the crowd all knew his name. Nobody wanted the other guy with the hat wink.gif
  • Ron's new double-neck is, quite possibly, the sexiest guitar ever made.
  • There were sound problems. Opening chops of CD were muted, and Axl's mic was all over the place, as were guitars from time to time.
  • Axl apologised for his vocals on Sorry. Musically, it was great, but he seemed to have problems deciding where to sing (the key goes up and down like a whores drawers). People I was with didn't notice anything wrong, but I did. Kudos for trying though. I am sure the problems will be ironed out
  • No "This I love". Bummer! I wanted to call the wife and let her hear it, as she was pretty gutted she couldn't come with me. She is desperate to hear that song played live. Hopefully they will come back next year wink.gif
  • Axl and Tommy were deciding the set as they go. At first it was "What should we play", but later they were pointing at the setlist on the ground and asking "This one or this one?"
  • No Encore. Paradise City finished seconds before 11:30, so I am guessing they were on a curfew (else they would have worked the encore). The crowd were begging for more. Literally! Cries of "Please Guns N' Roses play some more" were all around me. Despite the lack of encore, there was a lengthy set. The people I went with were surprised at how long a GN'R show lasts!
  • I got T-Shirts. I will take pics tomorrow and upload them somewhere.

I will post my full story tomorrow. I had quite the adventure smiley.gif

EDITS: Typos and added the line about Tommy/Axl/setlist

I never go to HTGTH, so I thought a "some guy" was enough. :question:

Lurk or not Lurk, that guy posted some cool info I was glad to hear. I did not think mentionning his user ID was such a big deal!

I wait until there are indeed some cool pics posted by the guy to give him credits.

I don't think it was really that impolite not to mention a forum username on the internet... :question:

I never go to HTGTH, so I thought a "some guy" was enough. :question:

Lurk or not Lurk, that guy posted some cool info I was glad to hear. I did not think mentionning his user ID was such a big deal!

I wait until there are indeed some cool pics posted by the guy to give him credits.

I don't think it was really that impolite not to mention a forum username on the internet... :question:

I wasn't complaining, just correcting it. It's always polite to mention. He might post over here too.

He and RaspAxl are gonna update their blogs tomorrow (for them, still today for most of us) with pics and hopefully videos. I really wanna see how sorry sounded like.

Koreans are NOT that much into technology. Japan is what so ever , so on 16th December u will see HD , at least HD photos if not videos.

Also people that goes to gnr concerts are 85% without sense for technology. They are not geeks :)

Croatians are in TECHNOLOGY...Come here gnr and will have bluray dvd asap in 50 angles

someone post the full setlist?

and oh I just realized something! Axl took the stage on time two shows in a row?! hell yeah!

also, that's the one thing Slash wanted fixed before a reunion but as soon as I figured that, I realized something else.. I have absolutely no interest in a reunion stopping this tour, that's a weird feeling!!

Why do you need Shash if we have DJ Ashba? Let him play with Fergie and Rhiana

I feel the same way.

Anyone want videos? I'll try to upload some I took, I have full Shackler's, TWAT, Sorry, and bits of a few others :)

And I wrote a paragraph praising this show, but I screwed up and now I'll have to try again, well I'll try my best DAMN...

The show was INCREDIBLE, that was the best two hours of my life, it was the best concert I've ever seen! Better than the 2007 show I saw in Sydney, yes this version of GNR is scary good, if they keep this up they'll become the biggest thing going again, so folks don't miss them in Canada or South America or wherever else they might play in. Oh boy was the concert freaking unbelievable, seeing Axl, my hero standing within 20 feet and in mighty fine form and seemingly enjoying himself was special, DJ Ashba is a great player and fit just like a glove, and boy did Ron Thal surprise me, he was phenomenal, he was blazing, and so were Richard Fortus and the rest of the crew, this GNR is truly scary good, they just put on the best rock concert I've seen, it was just FREAKING AMAZING! I hope noone's too jealous :)

I'll try to upload some videos on youtube, I have to go to the army tomorrow, or today actually, compulsory miitary training, so I gotta sleep but I'll see what I can do. Army might be hell but I just had a slice of heaven with my favourite band in the entire planet! Boy was that pure HEAVEN!

Anyone want videos? I'll try to upload some I took, I have full Shackler's, TWAT, Sorry, and bits of a few others :)

And I wrote a paragraph praising this show, but I screwed up and now I'll have to try again, well I'll try my best DAMN...

The show was INCREDIBLE, that was the best two hours of my life, it was the best concert I've ever seen! Better than the 2007 show I saw in Sydney, yes this version of GNR is scary good, if they keep this up they'll become the biggest thing going again, so folks don't miss them in Canada or South America or wherever else they might play in. Oh boy was the concert freaking unbelievable, seeing Axl, my hero standing within 20 feet and in mighty fine form and seemingly enjoying himself was special, DJ Ashba is a great player and fit just like a glove, and boy did Ron Thal surprise me, he was phenomenal, he was blazing, and so were Richard Fortus and the rest of the crew, this GNR is truly scary good, they just put on the best rock concert I've seen, it was just FREAKING AMAZING! I hope noone's too jealous :)

I'll try to upload some videos on youtube, I have to go to the army tomorrow, or today actually, compulsory miitary training, so I gotta sleep but I'll see what I can do. Army might be hell but I just had a slice of heaven with my favourite band in the entire planet! Boy was that pure HEAVEN!

WOW! Awesome, Thanks for that -cant wait to see vids thanks for finally getting Sorry, Shacklers & TWAT!! rock3

Edited by IRS2008

upload! upload!! :D

post links when you are done :D

sounds like you had a blast, yeh some videos would be much appreciated thanks!

Pretty please post them!!!

WOW! Awesome, Thanks for that cant wait to see vis thanks for getting ones we havent seen yet! :thumbsup:

This is You Could Be Mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLiOAzQyUIw

Thanks, you're awesome.

Anyone want videos? I'll try to upload some I took, I have full Shackler's, TWAT, Sorry, and bits of a few others smile.gif

The show was INCREDIBLE, that was the best two hours of my life, it was the best concert I've ever seen! Better than the 2007 show I saw in Sydney, yes this version of GNR is scary good, if they keep this up they'll become the biggest thing going again, so folks don't miss them in Canada or South America or wherever else they might play in. Oh boy was the concert freaking unbelievable, seeing Axl, my hero standing within 20 feet and in mighty fine form and seemingly enjoying himself was special, DJ Ashba is a great player and fit just like a glove, and boy did Ron Thal surprise me, he was phenomenal, he was blazing, and so were Richard Fortus and the rest of the crew, this GNR is truly scary good, they just put on the best rock concert I've seen, it was just FREAKING AMAZING! I hope noone's too jealous smile.gif

So are you an American army or Korean?

Don't answer this stupid question, UPLOAD theemmmmmmm noooooooooooowwww PLS. rock3.gif" />

Edited by BinlaBushden