OFFICIAL Dec 13 Seoul, South Korea Show Thread

Gordon Comstock

okey this has nothing to do with the show but it's a busy topic so maybe I'll get an answer..

just saw on Slash's TWITTER that he replied to someone: "Axl, if memory serves"

I don't know how to see the question asked, can anyone get that on here?

i just asked slash what he think of the current incarnation of guns. do you think he'll answer, and if he does, what will he say?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okey this has nothing to do with the show but it's a busy topic so maybe I'll get an answer..

i just asked slash what he think of the current incarnation of guns. do you think he'll answer, and if he does, what will he say?

I just joined twitter and asked if he was gonna see GN'R next year.. wonder if he's getting more gn'r related tweets (they're called that?) than ours?

(I asked him right after I posted his Axl-post here)

You know I'm glad GN'R is amazing, DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot really show that Guns doesn't need Slash, rather Slash needs Guns. What has Slash done since leaving Guns?! I don't see Slither being called the greatest riff of all time or Fergie nailing Paradise City. Rather, I see Chinese Democracy being talked about in SOME SHAPE OR FORM, negative or positive and I see people saying DJ Ashba nailed the solos.

But in regards to whatever you guys think of Axl. It comes back to one simple thing:

"Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions." - W. Axl Rose

He's come far enough in his life to be able to say fuck what you think you deserve. You're all, rather We're all on HIS terms.

Dude the thing is that all the time people who don't know how to play a pentatonic scale talk about who does the solo better...

I just joined twitter and asked if he was gonna see GN'R next year.. wonder if he's getting more gn'r related tweets (they're called that?) than ours?

cool. hope he'll answer them both. i would guess he gets a few more of them now :P

whats your name on twitter?

He'd probably be more likely to answer "What did you think of the GNR show in Taiwan? Have you seen any youtube videos?"

cool. hope he'll answer them both. i would guess he gets a few more of them now :P

ElliKofo is me ... you?

Edited by Revolver

ElliKofo is me ... you?

just followed you

Sorry was good

TWAT was awful (they should take this off the set list)

Also noticed quite a number of empty seats at tonights show

Really? I thought TWAT sounded really good, and I look forward to hearing more of it.

And so what if there was empty seats, everyone had an amazing time by the looks of it and that is what matters.

GNRMatt

The concert in Taipei was fuckin' amazing, but I'm not sure about this one. Judging from what I heard of the video of TWAT I really think he sounds quite bad. I hope it's just because of my fucked up speakers :unsure:

Axl starts off missing the mark but he figures out how to make the song work and pulls through. It definitely sounds like a GNR show.

n the first two shows in over two years the band has played a lot of CD material; 8 songs from Taipei and 6 songs from Korea and I think that's great.

They played as many as 6 CD songs in a show on tour 3 years ago. Now that the album is out we should be seeing even more by alot.

Yeah, but was the same songs every time. Standard was the 5 same songs we al know. They have played 9 out of 13 songs from the album so far this tour and I bet more to come. Thats one third more new songs or 3/4 of the album. Not bad at all. Not bad eiter that they change the setlist more now ;)

Thats more songs from the touring album than maiden played on their "Brave new world tour". More than stones played on their voodo laounge tour and so on.

Well, I went to the show last night, and here's my bit. Though the music was an almost continual cacophony, a soaring maelstrom of electric guitair and vocal wailing, I enjoyed it immensely. The same cannot be said for my wife, however, who'd never heard of Guns n' Roses before and left with a most unfavourable impression. It's music for the fans, and for them alone. Highlight: Rocket Queen. Low point: Anything from Chinese Democracy. The band just does not seem tight enough a group of musicians to play live such intricate music as was published. And the pyrotechnics were a real distraction, booming so loudly when fired at any moment in a song. Axl, however, gave it his all. Just like the Wrestler. Highly recommended.