Guns N' Roses Eligible for RnR HoF

John Bonham

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there rules which state the current line up can't just show up and play?

Yes.

Are you sure about that? I can distinctly remember watching the HOF induction for Blondie in '06. Debbie Harry got to play with an entire new band over the protests of her former band-mates.

Besides, Trujillo performed with Metallica at their induction.

They'll make it in. Slash and Duff will be there to accept the award.

Probably. If Axl doesn't show just because they'll be there he should stop harping about them ''representing themselves as Guns N' Roses''. Hell, somebody's gotta do it.

I don't care about the Hall of Fame, but I am interested to see what goes down at the induction ceremony.

As am I. We know that Axl is dead serious about preventing the "alumni" from representing themselves as Guns N' Roses. It would be nice if, for just one night, Axl could put aside everything that went down and perform a song or two with the Appetite lineup.

But then again, I'm sure he knows that even doing one song with them would mean that the demand for a reunion tour would probably be overwhelming. Could he live with that? I don't think so. :shrugs:

Not sure we'd see them actually play together.

But I do think we'd see them all together in one room for this event and onstage accepting the award.

Despite their differences, they all helped to make GNR the biggest band on the planet,and I can't imagine any of them - especially Axl - not being there. This is Axl's baby - which is why he retained the GNR name. Do you really think he would want his former bandmates to accept all the credit? I don't think so. I think this is one event where we'd see all of the original members on one stage again. The big question is whether they could put aside their differences enough to sing together at the event.

If Axl does show no way in hell is he going to sit next to Slash, he's sitting next to Izzy so they could poke fun a Steven whenever he slurs a word. In all seriousness though, Axl might show if he doesn't sit next to Slash or stand with him. Duff most likley will show, but he probably wouldn't want to be there. Izzy most likely will not show, seeing that he doesn't really care. Steven is a 100% show for it though.

I don't care about the Hall of Fame, but I am interested to see what goes down at the induction ceremony.

As am I. We know that Axl is dead serious about preventing the "alumni" from representing themselves as Guns N' Roses. It would be nice if, for just one night, Axl could put aside everything that went down and perform a song or two with the Appetite lineup.

But then again, I'm sure he knows that even doing one song with them would mean that the demand for a reunion tour would probably be overwhelming. Could he live with that? I don't think so. :shrugs:

Not sure we'd see them actually play together.

But I do think we'd see them all together in one room for this event and onstage accepting the award.

Despite their differences, they all helped to make GNR the biggest band on the planet,and I can't imagine any of them - especially Axl - not being there. This is Axl's baby - which is why he retained the GNR name. Do you really think he would want his former bandmates to accept all the credit? I don't think so. I think this is one event where we'd see all of the original members on one stage again. The big question is whether they could put aside their differences enough to sing together at the event.

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now.

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now.

Soon is the word.

Soon is the word.

Haha. So true JB.

We must resurrect this thread when it happens and see who was right. ;)

Are you kidding me? Til Tuesday, SImply Red, Chris Issak etc.. are eligible? None of these 'acts' compare to the original GnR, not even close when it comes to sales.

This just proves the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a farce run by Jann Wenner. I think GnR should get in, when the time comes, but there are a bunch of other acts that should be in before them. IE: Rush, Journey...

Guns N Roses were bigger in their time then both those bands were in theirs. Argue all you want but it's the truth. Between 1988 and 1993, they're in a VERY exclusive club.

Probably. If Axl doesn't show just because they'll be there he should stop harping about them ''representing themselves as Guns N' Roses''. Hell, somebody's gotta do it.

As long as VR doesn't use GNR's induction as a promo for their new singer/album.

As long as VR doesn't use GNR's induction as a promo for their new singer/album.

If Axl doesn't show, I don't see much stopping them.

Yes.

Are you sure about that? I can distinctly remember watching the HOF induction for Blondie in '06. Debbie Harry got to play with an entire new band over the protests of her former band-mates.

It's not really the same since cliff burton was kindof dead...

But on the other hand kirk hammet played instaed of mustaine.....

this is what happened with Van Halen and what will probably happen with GnR:

exiled former bandmembers Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar were the only ones present to accept the honor. Can I just say that it's absolutely pathetic, regardless of the reasons why, that less than half of one of the world's biggest-selling rock bands bothers to show up for what's designed to be a grand moment of perspective and humility in a business not known for those elements. Aside from a reference to Eddie Van Halen getting some kind of "help" for vague personal struggles, no one offered any explanation for the absence of the majority of Van Halen from Monday night's proceedings. What about Alex Van Halen? Where was David Lee Roth, who always rises to the occasion whenever a spotlight is near? Totally ridiculous, insulting, even poisonous to the spirit of the occasion.

no performance...

From my point of view it woud not be fair if Axl performs with the new guys, however I would like to see them all together revceiving the award

Yes.

It's not really the same since cliff burton was kindof dead...

But on the other hand kirk hammet played instaed of mustaine.....

...And Jason's still alive and kicked ass.

I think that they will all show up and play 2 or 3 songs together, setting the stage for a brief reunion a few years later.

or an AFD medley.

But the committee may just put GNR in there for ratings. It would make for an interesting show.

Yes. And the ultimate "fuck you" from the band would be to send Paul Tobias and "Teddy Big Bag Zigg Zagg the Greek Andreatis On the Harmonica" to the induction... rock2

Are you kidding me? Til Tuesday, SImply Red, Chris Issak etc.. are eligible? None of these 'acts' compare to the original GnR, not even close when it comes to sales.

This just proves the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a farce run by Jann Wenner. I think GnR should get in, when the time comes, but there are a bunch of other acts that should be in before them. IE: Rush, Journey...

Well this shows that the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is just another Rip Off; I mean honestly the guys mentioned above have nothing to do with Rock music in a way that they influenced a whole generation.

oh and I absolutely hate Simply Red, one of the worst bands with the most boring songs in history....