Guns N' Roses Eligible for RnR HoF

John Bonham

He wont. He's going to view this as "control" and say no. Meanwhile, Slash,Duff,Steven and possibly Izzy will accept the award and take the credit. Axl will probably go into hiding from all the "emotional distress" and we'll have another 2 years of black out before another CD tour with no new music.

Ouch.

Sad thing is, that's probably exactly what's going to happen.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl will never agree to sit in the same room as Slash and watch as he gets credited for Axls hard work. This will never happen.

Axl's hard work?

As fas as I know:

"It's So Easy" (Música: McKagan, Arkeen / Letra: McKagan, Arkeen) – 3:21

"Mr. Brownstone" (Música: Stradlin, Slash, Adler / Letra: Stradlin) – 3:46

"Think About You" (Música: Stradlin / Letra: Stradlin) – 3:49

It's so stupid when people want to credit Guns work only for Axl, or only for Slash, or only for Izzy (this is very usual also).

What's that, three songs out of twelve? Think About You? LOL

Personally I don't think much will come out of it. Slash and co. will accept their awards, thanking Axl for whatever. By this time, GNR will already be in another 3 year limbo post tour, so it's not really going to affect anything.

Edited by bacardimayne

Axl will never agree to sit in the same room as Slash and watch as he gets credited for Axls hard work. This will never happen.

Axl's hard work?

As fas as I know:

It's so stupid when people want to credit Guns work only for Axl, or only for Slash, or only for Izzy (this is very usual also).

Personally I don't think much will come out of it. Slash and co. will accept their awards, thanking Axl for whatever. By this time, GNR will already be in another 3 year limbo post tour, so it's not really going to affect anything.

Think about you and Rocket Queen are my favorites from AFD.

Axl's hard work?

As fas as I know:

Think About You is easily top 3 best on Appetite, in my opinion, love that song

I wonder if they will not induct GNR just because of what happened when Van Halen was inducted. If GNR is not reunited then they may pass thinking of how badly the induction could go. Then again it probably could be good tv even if it goes badly.

Yup... The exact same thing will happen if GNR is inducted...

Adler: Yeah obviously

Slash: Yeah obviously

Duff: Follows Slash so yeah

Izzy: Ehhh, probably would rather be biking in some far off land. 50/50

Axl: If Slash is there no. Slash will be there so no.

Thats it, it's that simple.

The real question is will they get inducted. I say eventually. Not the first year they are eligible! That's obvious. When the hall realizes whats mostly crap rock n roll is out there of the past 10 or so years (no more rockstars/ huge rock bands) GNR will get in.

Axl doesnt see too much in the hall as he said in the chats. Id like to see the current incarnation play a show the day of the ceremoney if Axl wont be there, which is a real good bet like i said. that would be so badass.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

Axl's hard work?

As fas as I know:

I've always wondered who wrote the music and who wrote the lyrics. Can you please tell me where I can find this information. Thanks!

I'd say its a given that GN'R will be inducted someday given how big they are and their influence on music.

I think that if GN'R is inducted Axl will want the then current lineup (if its changed at all, which is always possible...) to be there in addition to any past members. Otherwise it will seem as if GN'R post Slash's exit was erased from history. After all Guns N' Roses is still going strong.

I'd say its a given that GN'R will be inducted someday given how big they are and their influence on music.

I think that if GN'R is inducted Axl will want the then current lineup (if its changed at all, which is always possible...) to be there in addition to any past members. Otherwise it will seem as if GN'R post Slash's exit was erased from history. After all Guns N' Roses is still going strong.

In 3rd world countries GNR is still going strong. And yes I'm aware they toured Canada.

absolutely. if robert truillo was inducted with Metallica, guys like Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, etc should be inducted with GnR.

absolutely. if robert truillo was inducted with Metallica, guys like Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, etc should be inducted with GnR.

Yes but the people who decide these things make the final decision. I don't think it'll happen. The Rob analogy doesn't really apply here since he's the only "new guy". Yes, I'm aware of the Dave shit...but the fact is, Kirk has been there since RTL so he helped PUT them into the hall of fame.

With GNR, there's just one AFD member there. None of the others helped them get there. Dizzy wrote NOTHING on AFD,Lies and UYI1&2 and without those records, there's no HOF.

Yes but the people who decide these things make the final decision. I don't think it'll happen. The Rob analogy doesn't really apply here since he's the only "new guy". Yes, I'm aware of the Dave shit...but the fact is, Kirk has been there since RTL so he helped PUT them into the hall of fame.

With GNR, there's just one AFD member there. None of the others helped them get there. Dizzy wrote NOTHING on AFD,Lies and UYI1&2 and without those records, there's no HOF.

The point still stands that Rob shouldn't have been inducted. Even if he was the only new guy, he hadn't even appeared on an album with them at the time of their induction. If he gets in based on that, Buckethead definitely deserves an induction.

No way, Tommy goes in with the Old Guns.

Hey, people know who Adam Vinatari is to, but he isn't the reason New England won all those damn Super Bowls. People who think Tommy, Brain, and Bucket go in with the old guns are smoking the new shit. Something so good I would spend my rent money for.

Hey, people know who Adam Vinatari is to, but he isn't the reason New England won all those damn Super Bowls. People who think Tommy, Brain, and Bucket go in with the old guns are smoking the new shit. Something so good I would spend my rent money for.

I don't think they will, but the fact that Rob got inducted with Metallica makes Bucket and Dizzy more than deserving to go in with GNR.

Guns N' Roses and Alice Cooper will sadly probably not be inducted into the Hall of Fame. In my opinion anyway. I love both artists to death but...eh...I can't see it happen.

Guns Will.

I was up there a few years ago and was talking to some dude working there(i know doesnt mean much, but basically retold a very common belief) who said most bands depend on if the executive( i forget the exact role) of rolling stone mag likes them. that would explain why kiss, alice cooper, and rush are not there. imo RS was gun's bitch for the most part even during the CD wait.

Im not saying kiss is great musicians, but they are influnicial and popular

Edited by kaddisonmoore

I don't think they will, but the fact that Rob got inducted with Metallica makes Bucket and Dizzy more than deserving to go in with GNR.

Boy you stupid, Bucket didnt do shit compared to the others

Boy you stupid, Bucket didnt do shit compared to the others

He appeared on an album, which is more than Robert Trujillo had done when he was inducted with Metallica.