Slash says No Chance of GNR Reunion

Lose Your Illusions

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It's beyond me how you can call yourself a fan of GN'R and at the same time say you don't like Slash...

The only way I see it possible if you hate every other GNR album apart from Chinese Democracy

I doubt that any of the people that are so negative about GN'R actually does that.

He had no inkling as to the depths of Axls hate and resentment towards him over the legal issues Slashs lawyers had put Axl through.

This is true, Slash has sued Axl repeatedly over the years (most recently in 06 i think) and I think that this has really fuelled Axl's hatred more than anything.

But I would be quite disappointed if they got back together just for money. It would be awesome if it happened organically, imagine they just bumped into each other in a bar, had a few beers and thought to themselves "shit, why did we spend so many years fighting"? the chances of this ever happening though are one in a million.......

While i absolutely LOVE Chinese Democracy and all its elements, and am more of an Axlite then a Slashite, i have to say that it would be absolutely magical if the above scernario happened, it would be a triumph really, to just mutually resolve things in that way, total forgiveness. Slash's lead playing was more melodic than most of the shredding crap that was around back then and thats what stood out to the masses(along with Axl's voice, Duff's melodic bass, Izzy's rhythm writing and Steven's loose feel). This is coming from a guy(myself) who ranks Better up there with Jungle and sweet child too.

It's beyond me how you can call yourself a fan of GN'R and at the same time say you don't like Slash...

How about they hate Slash the PERSON but appreciate and admire Slash the MUSICIAN?

Me personally, I don't like or dislike Slash as a person and appreciate him as a musician because he has laid down so killer riff's and participated in the creation of some of the greatest songs in the world.

Do I want a reunion... not particularly fussed, I am enjoying the GNR we have :D

How about they hate Slash the PERSON but appreciate and admire Slash the MUSICIAN?

Me personally, I don't like or dislike Slash as a person and appreciate him as a musician because he has laid down so killer riff's and participated in the creation of some of the greatest songs in the world.

Do I want a reunion... not particularly fussed, I am enjoying the GNR we have :D

but its not GNR though is it , its one member ,his ego and some other musicians , who are dragging the name through the mud

but its not GNR though is it , its one member ,his ego and some other musicians , who are dragging the name through the mud

I wonder how long this account will last.

AFD is an album you can play front to back non stop.

This.

Without a doubt the greatest hard rock album of all time.

forget the hard rock its the greatest album of all time and by a very long way

This as well.

Obviously this is a subjective statement that can never be fully quantified, but I agree with you. There is some very, very close competition though - like Pearl Jam's 10. Not one bad song on that whole CD.

Oh this right here.

Just add the " ... up till about, 2000 or 2001" at the end of the sentence and that is how I feel.

But go on with the pointless argueing. Sorry I interrupted.

How does 2 people that came up together, became successful together HATE each other for so long??

The only way I see this possible is.......

- 1 intentionally caused harm to a family member of another

- 1 found out that the other has been banging the other one's wife

or........one's just a psychotic wacked out nutjob that thinks that the other guy is from a past life and is out to murder him. :rolleyes:

Warren Beatty supposedly slept with over 3,000 women or something. I don't really buy it. I'm glad Slash is confident enough that he doesn't have to lie about how many women he has fucked senseless over the years. Beatty should hang his head in shame and admit that he is a liar.

Well, a few more, his unofficial biography says 12.775 women, that without counting stolen kisses and occasional affairs.

He is the real deal :thumbsup:

When he was with Joan Collins there was this rumour they made love like 7-8 times a day, when asked about it she said "well, maybe he does, i´m just there in the bed with my legs wide open" :D

Interestingly enough didn't Axl hate Warren Beatty?

It seems Mr Beatty flirted with Ms Seymour... judging by how piss Axl was at him maybe she was one of those 12.775 :rofl-lol:

I mean, who else in the world could use the line "my dick has been inside of Natalie Wood, Diane Keaton, Vivien Leigh, Cher, Joan Collins, Elle McPherson, Rachel Welch, María Callas or Madonna, just to name a few, don´t u wanna feel it too ", which honourable girl would say no to that? :rofl-lol:

Edited by Showty