Slash says No Chance of GNR Reunion

Lose Your Illusions

"400 million is a lot of money, but divided by 5 that only makes like 10, so i dont know if it is really worth it, you would have to give me some of your share!"

You are awesome. I know exactly where that is from and it is hilarious.

I'm glad somebody got it! :D The best is the fart tennis one! :rofl-lol:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren Beatty supposedly slept with over 3,000 women or something. I don't really buy it. I'm glad Slash is confident enough that he doesn't have to lie about how many women he has fucked senseless over the years. Beatty should hang his head in shame and admit that he is a liar.

?

What are you talking about? Warren Beatty said the book was bullshit. Come on dude, do some research before you throw out accusations.

Yes, because my post was not at all sarcastic or facetious.

Of course he is saying that ,he wants to promote his upcoming solo album. For all you kids on the board, Pink Floyd and The Eagles were never supposed to reunite either.

We Will Never Shut up uless one of them is Dead! :ph34r:

I won't even if one of em is.

And didn't Don Henley and the other guy absolutely HATE each other? As in with their reunion tour, they didn't even go near each other on stage or off. I don't think Axl and Slash have that bad of a relationship. It can still happen.

Of course he is saying that ,he wants to promote his upcoming solo album. For all you kids on the board, Pink Floyd and The Eagles were never supposed to reunite either.

We Will Never Shut up uless one of them is Dead! :ph34r:

I won't even if one of em is.

And didn't Don Henley and the other guy absolutely HATE each other? As in with their reunion tour, they didn't even go near each other on stage or off. I don't think Axl and Slash have that bad of a relationship. It can still happen.

All true but dude, you gotta remember you are arguing with some 14 year olds on here who worship whoever Axl decides is in GNR this week. I like Bucket and Brain but let's not beat around the bush, nobody is offering GNR hundreds of millions without Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven/Matt in the fold.

So, as long as they are alive I will hold out hope.

same here. one can only hope :)

since all they care about is Slash playing the SCOM solo.

+ all the songs on the other albums pre Chinese democracy :D

Slash will never need the cash enough to reunite

i dont think he needs the cash.

i think he wants the cash.

and the fame.

marc told us himself that slash called for axls number. slash went to axls house to try and talk to him.

axl is the key to this and i dont think hes dealin. i think fi there is a reunion it wont be for 10 years.

i dont want to see a reunion for an album, leave the past in the past. a tour would be incredible tho.

10 years. just be patient.

and the fame.

marc told us himself that slash called for axls number. slash went to axls house to try and talk to him.

axl is the key to this and i dont think hes dealin. i think fi there is a reunion it wont be for 10 years.

i dont want to see a reunion for an album, leave the past in the past. a tour would be incredible tho.

Because Perla wanted Slash to make up with Axl

would Slash of gone without Perla pushing him? probably not I think

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

i think so. its speculation at this point. i do beleive perla was pushing the reunion more than anything. but still, i think slash wants it.

marc said slash tried to get back in. im sure that was a good 10 years ago at this point, maybe he has moved on.

watching videos of him on stage with fergie, i highly doubt it.

and the fame.

who knows.

personally, i always thought that was a bitch move, by axl to let everyone know about slash's visit/apology.

i mean, fuck if I piss you off, we piss each other off....and i put aside my ego/pride to come over to say i made mistake.....only a bitch would laugh in my face and try to embarass me to others.

Edited by SunnyDRE

i think so. its speculation at this point. i do beleive perla was pushing the reunion more than anything. but still, i think slash wants it.

marc said slash tried to get back in. im sure that was a good 10 years ago at this point, maybe he has moved on.

watching videos of him on stage with fergie, i highly doubt it.

To busy counting his millions and listening to his other songs with Ozzy, Chris Cornell and Wolfmother

and the fame.

who knows.

personally, i always thought that was a bitch move, by axl to let everyone know about slash's visit/apology.

i mean, fuck if I piss you off, we piss each other off....and i put aside my ego/pride to come over to say i made mistake.....only a bitch would laugh in my face and try to embarass me to others.

Especially since Axl/Slash didn't even talk face to face it was third hand conversation with Beta I think

A little like the incident in Las Vegas where Slash was meant to have turned up to a New Gnr gig with his guitar expecting to play on stage :rolleyes:

Slash was probably just doing interview/promo/photoshoot near the Las Vegas hotel

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

you mean after slash blatantly lied about axl and the break up to the media? what axl said was fair game. "nobody owes you, not one goddamn thing"

slash started the media war. at least what axl said was true.

no it wasnt. slash denied it.

ok then he admitted going but it was only over a lawsuit.

make up your fuckin mind

Edited by Jackie Moon

Old news, besides he has kept himself busy, always playing with guests, VR, jamming, he loves what he's doing now.. creating music and playing... why the fuck would he like to go to hybernation mode with GNR?

a lot of people want that reunion, but at this point is better the way things are, Axl playing with his musicians and the old GNR members having fun... if they go back together i doubt Axl would have as much control on them as he enjoys with his current hired guns

has no one noticed Axl project's been longer than the years the original band remained together?...

One of the few times I agree with Sunny! :xmasssanta:

I lost a bit of respect for Axl when that happened. Drunk or not, Slash was repeatedly trying to reach out and reconcile during that time period -- he'd made comments in the press (such as on Letterman) and I think he was just trying to repair a lost friendship, and Axl not only had Beta talk to him -- but then either wrote or authorized that press release, which was totally in poor taste. The alleged comments he made about his fellow bandmembers also didn't need to be printed there (and to this day I still don't really believe he said that stuff about Duff).

Even if Axl by some miracle get's slash to reunite

How would Axl get Izzy to stick around long term?

do you really think its going to be axl trying to convince slash?

i think axl and izzy are the only 2 who are question marks.

adler/duff/slash are all just lickin their lips. wishing, hoping and waiting.

i think slashs routine "well it would be cool if we had mutual respect but we are far from that" is just his way deflecting the truth, he wanted back in gnr, he wants a reunion, but axl wont take him back.

thats doesnt make slash look cool. and according to canter thats what matters with slash, looking cool.

so he makes it seem like he is holding the reunion up, or at least is cautious. he is just saving face.

open and shut case.

Edited by Jackie Moon

im not questioning izzys coolness or neutraility.

im questiioning his interest. he walked away from guns in 1991. what are izzys priorities?

i think the fact he did the 2006 gnr shows is promising. it shows he is interested in revisiting gnr and wants to take part. it would be great if he could bring them guys back together, at least for a friendship or...non hate.

i relaly hope to see duff on the gnr tour. axl has hung out with sorum and adler and i think gilby? maybe? i dont know but anyways, axl said duff was a possibility and its pretty obvious the problems there arent as deep rooted as with slash.

duff could be another falling domino. or at the very least it would be awesome to see him play its so easy with axl again.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Dude, if there's ever a reunion, Izzy would be exactly the person who brings everyone together. He's the only one who's remained fairly neutral on the whole thing. Izzy is too cool to give a shit about anything.

I think it's clear that Izzy wants nothing to do with frontmen of any sort. Axl apparently ruined that dynamic for him.

As chummy as him and Axl may be, Izzy seems to be the one who sighs the heaviest over Axl's way of operating.

i dont think he is waiting either, not because he isnt interested, but because axl has made it clear how he feels. he holds the cards and he aint dealin.

slash isnt waiting, but if it was a possibility i dont think he would have to consider it.

hes proven he isnt that discriminate over who he gets on stage with.

if he will get on stage with best buy employees for paradise city i think axl has a pretty good shot at 'winning him back'.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Dude, if there's ever a reunion, Izzy would be exactly the person who brings everyone together. He's the only one who's remained fairly neutral on the whole thing. Izzy is too cool to give a shit about anything.

I think it's clear that Izzy wants nothing to do with frontmen of any sort. Axl apparently ruined that dynamic for him.

As chummy as him and Axl may be, Izzy seems to be the one who sighs the heaviest over Axl's way of operating.

Izzy's a lot older now and I don't think he'd really care. But that was his problem. He was always kind of flaky and I could see that being an issue once they started touring. But I don't think he'd have any hesitation whatsoever to agree to the idea of a reunion, especially if he knows Slash and the others were up for it.

But it seems pointless to be debating something so hypothetical anyway...

im not questioning izzys coolness or neutraility.

im questiioning his interest. he walked away from guns in 1991. what are izzys priorities?

i think the fact he did the 2006 gnr shows is promising. it shows he is interested in revisiting gnr and wants to take part. it would be great if he could bring them guys back together, at least for a friendship or...non hate.

i relaly hope to see duff on the gnr tour. axl has hung out with sorum and adler and i think gilby? maybe? i dont know but anyways, axl said duff was a possibility and its pretty obvious the problems there arent as deep rooted as with slash.

duff could be another falling domino. or at the very least it would be awesome to see him play its so easy with axl again.

Duff cried too much after being bashed by axl many times in 1996 when they tried to record another album...so i highly know that duff can be near axl once again! :shock: