Slash says No Chance of GNR Reunion

Lose Your Illusions

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure they've been offered the money. Everyone except Axl wants to do it. Will Axl do it one day? Probably not, but time eventually does heal wounds, and people who think they will never talk to each other again, a lot of times do, so it is possible.

I think the problem is that Axl is a loyal individual, and he doesn't want to burn the guys in the new band. I also think it is an issue of pride. At the end of the day, even the worst critics can't deny that Axl has super integrity.

I don't think Axl will do it unless this happens: he wants to continue to make music and perform, but new GNR has no record deal, no support, and he cannot do it. If that were the case, then I could see him taking part in a reunion.

Axl could have made new GNR into a super success. He had a lot of time and opportunities. But, he didn't, and at this point, even with another album released, I don't think new GNR will reach that success.

Thank god.

He hasn't released anything worth listening to in over ten years anyways.

Actually, from 94 to 08, neither did Axl.

Its a real shame cause without a reuion GNR are dead , i will still buy axl,s solo projects no matter what he calls it , but without the others it just aint GNR :(

Yes.

.... If he and Axl haven't spoken in 13 years, and neither one has tried to contact each other, then let it go. ..

But there have been efforts to contact each other. :ph34r:

We know of at least one publicly acknowledged attempt by Slash when he showed up at Axl's door early one morning a few years back. And that's just a report that's been publicized. Who knows if other attempts have been made - and if they or their handlers have actually talked or not.

As for me - I always say never say never. You just never know what the future can bring.

When Slash dies everyone will lose interest in a reunion, since all they care about is Slash playing the SCOM solo.

This comment is really tasteless and out of line.

Show a little respect for the original members who helped make GNR the biggest band on the planet back in the day. Your anti-Slash posts in this thread are disrespectful and border on trolling.

If they do they do, if they don't they don't.

Who cares.

I think a LOT of people would care, especially long-time GNR fans.

If you had seen the band back in the day, you would know that the chemistry between the original band members was magical. I have never seen this amazing connection in any other band out there.

agreed, madison.

there's never been anything false about hope.

surely axl will look at asba's god awful tattoos one day and say enough is enough lets get the main man back.

Your anti-Slash posts in this thread are disrespectful and border on trolling

:thumbsup:

Edited by Dead Flower

agreed, madison.

there's never been anything false about hope.

surely axl will look at asba's god awful tattoos one day and say enough is enough lets get the main man back..

There's nothing wrong with Ashba. He's a great guitarist and a smart choice for the current lineup.

Not sure what your "tat" comments are about.

It's fine to praise Slash, but there's no need to bash Ashba.

funny how an admin of a gnr site like madison is there to talk firmly to the guys who disrespect her favorite ex-gnr members of 200 years ago, desperately hoping for a reunion while the band is alive and touring with new members (disrespecting them that way, which she doesnt see).... but when her ass-kissing forum friends disrespect the present gnr members with entire threads every day, shes busy washing her hair or something.

cool.

and slash seems to be happy rocking it out with awesome musicians like fergie and cypress hill...slashs level is untouchable for axl obviously.

who knows.

personally, i always thought that was a bitch move, by axl to let everyone know about slash's visit/apology.

i mean, fuck if I piss you off, we piss each other off....and i put aside my ego/pride to come over to say i made mistake.....only a bitch would laugh in my face and try to embarass me to others.

True, but this statement also backfired on Axl.

Fans didn't like it.

funny how an admin of a gnr site like madison is there to talk firmly to the guys who disrespect her favorite ex-gnr members of 200 years ago, desperately hoping for a reunion while the band is alive and touring with new members (disrespecting them that way, which she doesnt see).... but when her ass-kissing forum friends disrespect the present gnr members with entire threads every day, shes busy washing her hair or something.

cool.

and slash seems to be happy rocking it out with awesome musicians like fergie and cypress hill...slashs level is untouchable for axl obviously.

Gee - which former banned member are you?

Three guesses and the first two don't count?

Bye bye.

cool.

Maybe you should spend more time washing your hair. Or being outside. Or making some friends. Just get away from the computer screen.

Wow mods are actually really getting on this.....cool. On topic though, I am a big GnR fan, and have been since 1990. But as some people have been saying, I wouldnt care. I like Chinese Democracy so I couldnt imagine Slash or Izzy playing any of those songs. I mean lets be honest, Slash may be a good guitar solo writer, but he could never play to the level of Bumble/Bucket.

Slash may be a good guitar solo writer, but he could never play to the level of Bumble/Bucket.

Madison, i think we've got another cupcake that needs to be banned.

Im a cupcake because I said Slash isnt a good technical guitarist?! I thought that was a well known fact! I like Slash! :confused:

Personally, I could care less if old GNR ever reunites.

I prefer the new line up over the old. I prefer Chinese Democracy over AFD and Illusions.

I like the new line up and Chinese Democracy as much as the next guy.... but obviously you don't mean that. If you do, you're an absolute idiot. Anybody who honestly agrees with this statement should be shot.

Personally, I could care less if old GNR ever reunites.

I prefer the new line up over the old. I prefer Chinese Democracy over AFD and Illusions.

I like the new line up and Chinese Democracy as much as the next guy.... but obviously you don't mean that. If you do, you're an absolute idiot. Anybody who honestly agrees with this statement should be shot.

Oh come on! The guy's entitled to his opinion. That's what makes this forum great.

Edited by John Bonham

Wow mods are actually really getting on this.....cool. On topic though, I am a big GnR fan, and have been since 1990. But as some people have been saying, I wouldnt care. I like Chinese Democracy so I couldnt imagine Slash or Izzy playing any of those songs. I mean lets be honest, Slash may be a good guitar solo writer, but he could never play to the level of Bumble/Bucket.

Yes but those two will NEVER be Slash and will never have his appeal. One will always be some guy with a KFC tub on his head and the other a no-name scab who could never fill Slash's shoes, I don't care how technically gifted he is...and both are replacements for a one of a kind.