Slash says No Chance of GNR Reunion

Lose Your Illusions

YOu know what? Slash is talking about being in GNR and a tour that was about 20 years ago. Everyone was either drinking too much or addicted to drugs.

Now 20 years later, all of the original members are older and hopefully wiser. As for the money, I guess they don't need it.

Slash saying he wouldn't reunite with Axl based on something that happened over 20 years ago, is a poor excuse. If he and Axl haven't spoken in 13 years, and neither one has tried to contact each other, then let it go.

Duff has said it could happen, but he said he understood why fans would think that because all the original members are still alive. That old saying where there's life there's hope comes to mind.

I remember the last time Axl played a club in Las Vegas and I think Slash showed up and I read somewhere that Axl refused to let him in. Whether this is true or not, unfortunately some people do not get along and that's that. It's sad because GNR was a great band who changed the face of music, but you can't force people to work together or even like one another. Even if Axl agreed with Slash and they took different tour buses, you have to have that amazing chemistry on stage and that can't be faked.

Whatever the problem between Axl and Slash was, it doesn't seem to have gone away. It sucks, but it is what it is.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you kids on the board, Pink Floyd and The Eagles were never supposed to reunite either.

...Until they were offered the hundreds of million dollars, as we all know, that stage has passed for Gn'R

"400 million is a lot of money, but divided by 5 that only makes like 10, so i dont know if it is really worth it, you would have to give me some of your share!"

:suspicious:

lol I was wondering how he got that too.. it's more like 80 million dollars

Warren Beatty supposedly slept with over 3,000 women or something. I don't really buy it. I'm glad Slash is confident enough that he doesn't have to lie about how many women he has fucked senseless over the years. Beatty should hang his head in shame and admit that he is a liar.

?

What are you talking about? Warren Beatty said the book was bullshit. Come on dude, do some research before you throw out accusations.

I don't know how this is news. Axl has said time after time that there will be "No Reunion". Perhaps he hasn't used that phrase but he's made it very clear that he will never perform with Slash again.

Personally, I could care less if old GNR ever reunites.

I prefer the new line up over the old. I prefer Chinese Democracy over AFD and Illusions.

I would however like new albums, more music, and some US dates! :)

Warren Beatty supposedly slept with over 3,000 women or something. I don't really buy it. I'm glad Slash is confident enough that he doesn't have to lie about how many women he has fucked senseless over the years. Beatty should hang his head in shame and admit that he is a liar.

Interestingly enough didn't Axl hate Warren Beatty?

Maybe Slash said he's only slept with 500 women as a dig at Warren Beatty, because he knows Axl hates him. Yeah, that must be it. Slash is sending subconscious messages to us and to Axl. He is definitely trying to tell us that the band is going to reunite soon.

I believe it.

My cousin is a was "D-Level" NFL player for about 3 years and you wouldn't believe the amount poo-tang that would be offered to him, by different woman on a daily basis.

My bad.

Beatty's biographer claims he slept with 13,000 women. Not 3,000.

"claims" being the keyword. do you really believe that?

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/808007-slash-no-return-for-guns-nroses

The guitar legend says he and frontman Axl Rose have been offered "hundreds of millions" to reform.

Slash says Guns N'Roses won't be reuniting

But he told GQ magazine: "During that last tour it was like an ongoing exercise in how we could bond the least, it just got worse and worse."

The pair have not spoken for 13 years, but Slash said: "It got to a point off stage where it was impossible for us to even be in the same room together and create any music.

"So it's sad that something so good doesn't exist any more, even though we're both still alive and on the same planet. But that's all."

.Slash also confessed in the interview that he bedded "hundreds" of women.

Asked how many women he slept with during his wild days, he said: "It wouldn't be in the thousands, more in the hundreds, and probably not over 500".

And the star said he still had "fond memories" of Stoke-on-Trent, where he grew up.

He said: "I remember never being able to see across the street beause of the weather. Walking to school was like stumbing around like a blind man. It waw a very tight community, everyone knew each other. My grandmother made great mince pies and my dad would take me for long walks in the coutnryside. I loved it."

its sad but i already knew it was impossible. look on the bright side, atleast the reunionites will shut up.

let's analyze something : if axl and the original members would accept another millionaire contract to tour together then HOW NEW GNR REACTS IN FRONT OF Mr Rose?

...they'd got fired just like we through an used condom? of fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Edited by BarquisimetoRock

For all you kids on the board, Pink Floyd and The Eagles were never supposed to reunite either.

...Until they were offered the hundreds of million dollars, as we all know, that stage has passed for Gn'R

"400 million is a lot of money, but divided by 5 that only makes like 10, so i dont know if it is really worth it, you would have to give me some of your share!"

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khNLvpTl-qU

Edited by Rock_And_Roll_Over

to be honest, i seriously doubt the originals have been offered millions to reunite.

by who?

Last year in an interview, Steven Adler stated that the original lineup was offered, I believe, 30 million to tour in the states in 2005, and everyone was ready to sign for it but Axl.

This has been confirmed by both Scott Weiland and Matt Sorum.

Interesting coincidence that that's the same year that Slash showed up at Axl's house with the alleged note that read "Call me. Let's work this out." ;)

Edit: Here's the Adler quote...I was way off, the offer was for 150 million!!

Dirty Rock Magazine: Well, what I read saw was only a small snippet and not the whole story.

Adler: (Laughs) Yeah I heard the opposite. And the way I see it, that's how it should be. And the thing about GUNS N' ROSES is, for starters, Axl [Rose] ran the whole thing into the ground and still is. It's a shame. Two, he should have named his record W.A.R. — W. Axl Rose. Then I think it would have been a bigger hit. You know what?! It's heartbreaking, because I was there from the beginning and helped get it started, and to see what he did and still doing, it's hurtful. That, and I heard that some big rock agency offered us $150 million for us to do 20 shows. And that was very hurtful that Axl said no and doesn't want to do it. Because that doesn't happen.

Edited by sofine11

to be honest, i seriously doubt the originals have been offered millions to reunite.

by who?

Last year in an interview, Steven Adler stated that the original lineup was offered, I believe, 30 million to tour in the states in 2005, and everyone was ready to sign for it but Axl.

Interesting coincidence that that's the same year that Slash showed up at Axl's house with the alleged note that read "Call me. Let's work this out." ;)

Dirty Rock Magazine: Well, what I read saw was only a small snippet and not the whole story.

Adler: (Laughs) Yeah I heard the opposite. And the way I see it, that's how it should be. And the thing about GUNS N' ROSES is, for starters, Axl [Rose] ran the whole thing into the ground and still is. It's a shame. Two, he should have named his record W.A.R. — W. Axl Rose. Then I think it would have been a bigger hit. You know what?! It's heartbreaking, because I was there from the beginning and helped get it started, and to see what he did and still doing, it's hurtful. That, and I heard that some big rock agency offered us $150 million for us to do 20 shows. And that was very hurtful that Axl said no and doesn't want to do it. Because that doesn't happen.

Like i said i don't believe they've ever been offered anything.

do i think some promoters have came to the guys and said shit like, "man if you guys would get back together it would make millions."

Yeah; But I seriously, doubt they've ever got a concrete offer.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

You are awesome. I know exactly where that is from and it is hilarious.

I have no idea where that comes from. Someone wanna enlighten me?

post 38 on page 3 ;)

her videos are dead on :D

by who?

Like i said i don't believe they've ever been offered anything.

do i think some promoters have came to the guys and said shit like, "man if you guys would get back together it would make millions."

Yeah; But I seriously, doubt they've ever got a concrete offer.

Just because it was Adler who who broke the story I'm pretty much on the same page as you. Only thing is, Weiland said that in 05 (when GH was at it's height) the papers were made and all they had to do was sign for the reunion tour to happen. Why would he make that up?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

post 38 on page 3 ;)

her videos are dead on :D

Oh, now I got it.

Pretty funny little film. Long time since I saw it now.

watch the youtube cartoon guys ;)