Winnipeg Show: Official Thread

Gordon Comstock

Is this the first recent show to start "late"? I'm sure some of it can be due to set times not being exact yet. Was Baz first or second? How long are the opening sets approximately?

EDIT: Duh, Winnepeg is 3 hours behind New York. My bad.

Winnipeg is 1 hour behind NY. It's 10:15 there.

They are Mountain time--it's 9:17 p.m. there.

it is 10:19 I live in Canada so there is answer the time zone is central time

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the first recent show to start "late"? I'm sure some of it can be due to set times not being exact yet. Was Baz first or second? How long are the opening sets approximately?

:rofl-lol:

where have you been hiding dude? :question:

:rofl-lol:

I said recent show. Some people claim Guns were onstage in Japan by 8 PM or so.

It's not actually late. Baz left the stage about 30 mintues ago and I assume it takes 20-30 to change the stage to GNR and get it all ready.

Set change is probably closer to 45 mins to an hour

Baz was off stage around 9h40pm winterpeg time...so guns should hit the stage 1hour later in my opinion..

So did Danko Jones play before Baz?

I guess so...Axl said on his twitter page that danko was on the stage then

it's actually 10:17 pm http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CA-MB.aspx

Thy're Central timezone.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Winnipeg is capital of the province Manitoba

Current Time Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 10:21:07 PM CST

I said HITS from the Illusions. Don't Cry,Estranged,Yesterdays. I think the casual fan would recognize those more than the songs from ChiDem since none of them were really hits and that album hasn't even shifted 750,000 in the US (yes, I know about Best Buy however ask them how well that deal worked out as they have TONS of copies left)

Yeah, of course they'd recognize them more than the CD songs, but this is the CD tour. CD needs to have a big part in the setlist. With those songs out of the way, they have a few more spots for the AFD/UYI songs. They play the major hits from UYI (YCBM, Don't Cry, November Rain, Live and Let Die) and the hits from AFD. The reason they don't play Estranged is because that would be one too many piano ballads.

it is 10:19 I live in Canada so there is answer the time zone is central time

Gunsguy right

I said HITS from the Illusions. Don't Cry,Estranged,Yesterdays. I think the casual fan would recognize those more than the songs from ChiDem since none of them were really hits and that album hasn't even shifted 750,000 in the US (yes, I know about Best Buy however ask them how well that deal worked out as they have TONS of copies left)

Yeah, of course they'd recognize them more than the CD songs, but this is the CD tour. CD needs to have a big part in the setlist. With those songs out of the way, they have a few more spots for the AFD/UYI songs. They play the major hits from UYI (YCBM, Don't Cry, November Rain, Live and Let Die) and the hits from AFD. The reason they don't play Estranged is because that would be one too many piano ballads.

You can't possibly think that other than us nerds who obsess over GNR that people care to hear 12 or more songs from ChiDem. If they do that in the US, a lot of that is gonna go over like a hot fart in Sunday church.

Hence why they play all the classics too.

For example:

Jungle, ISE, Brownstone, Nightrain, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Don't Cry, Live and Let Die, KOHD

I really don't see what you're mad about. The setlists are perfect.

You can't possibly think that other than us nerds who obsess over GNR that people care to hear 12 or more songs from ChiDem. If they do that in the US, a lot of that is gonna go over like a hot fart in Sunday church.

Hence why they play all the classics too.

For example:

Jungle, ISE, Brownstone, Nightrain, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Don't Cry, Live and Let Die, KOHD

I really don't see what you're mad about. The setlists are perfect.

Let's get back on topic. Not argue. GNR should be starting soon!!!

Ok,guys it's almost time to write JUNGLE!!!!11 followed by the next 20 people writing OMFG!!!JUNGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will write OMFG if they play:

Anything other than the 4 or so standard Illusion tunes

OMG

A new,unreleased song

Something different from Lies/TSI.

Move To The City would be nice or One In A Million but I doubt that last one

Estranged is/was a good tune and without putting too much symbolism into it, it's not something I think is going to be played.

Axl (and I'm sure the other guys) probably want to play the new stuff. I think they've been waiting a long time to play the new stuff and now, they can. :thumbsup: