Security at Winnipeg show instructed to turn away people if they showed up in Slash shirts/tophats

madison

Because I'm a fan, and if that means I have to wade through 20 pages of sewerage, which this thread most certainly is, to find out what's going on with my favorite band - I will. I want to know what's going on with Guns N' Roses, that's why I stick around - capiche ?

That word may only be used when squeezing somebodies cheeks :rolleyes:

You could always visit the official band site.................... oh yeah you wanted to find out what's going on in the band?, my bad

Honestly i agree with the negativity, yeah it gets boring but i would hate a complete nazi forum without differing opinions.

True, I should have definitely have added a little "hey, oh, ooh" at the end also!

Sorry dude, but according to Godwins law, you've just ended this thread, thank fuck!

" If you mention Hitler or Nazis in a post, you've automatically ended whatever discussion

you were taking part in".

:rofl-lol:

I watched a tv show that talked about the mentioning of Hitler or Nazis on message boards and figured it was a quick way to end the cycle.I was starting to bore myself :xmasssanta:

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way I'm going back 32 pages, so what I'm going to say may have already been said, but I think Axl is seriously discounting the fact that due to his Hermit-like behavior, a lot of people coming to the shows have no fucking idea who is in the band. If you went outside right now and lined up 10 random people, I bet eight of them would say "Slash" if you asked them who the guitarist of Guns N' Roses is. So imagine the surprise of Average Joe who sees that GNR is coming to his town, hops on Ticketmaster to get the tickets, throws on his old Slash shirt and top hat and heads to the show, when he realizes that he can take his shirt, his ticket, and fuck off.

There's no way I'm going back 32 pages, so what I'm going to say may have already been said, but I think Axl is seriously discounting the fact that due to his Hermit-like behavior, a lot of people coming to the shows have no fucking idea who is in the band. If you went outside right now and lined up 10 random people, I bet eight of them would say "Slash" if you asked them who the guitarist of Guns N' Roses is. So imagine the surprise of Average Joe who sees that GNR is coming to his town, hops on Ticketmaster to get the tickets, throws on his old Slash shirt and top hat and heads to the show, when he realizes that he can take his shirt, his ticket, and fuck off.

Anyone who owns a Slash t-shirt knows he is not in band anymore. Nice try, but as usual, you make no sense.

Anyone who owns a Slash t-shirt knows he is not in band anymore. Nice try, but as usual, you make no sense.

Yeah the average Joe has a slash t-shirt and a top hat!!! That's very average! :rofl-lol:

Pretty lame.. Axl should stop playing old Guns songs that Slash had a part in writing.. Rely mostly on the music from CD.. We will see how far that get's him..

Why? Axl had a part in writing them too? Does that mean that Slash shouldn't be playing them either?

Yeah the average Joe has a slash t-shirt and a top hat!!! That's very average! :rofl-lol:

the poster was refferring to the average GNR fan?

Pretty lame.. Axl should stop playing old Guns songs that Slash had a part in writing.. Rely mostly on the music from CD.. We will see how far that get's him..

Why? Axl had a part in writing them too? Does that mean that Slash shouldn't be playing them either?

It's more of the fact that, yes he can play them, but not while claiming to be "Guns N' Roses"

Slash doesn't do that

the poster was refferring to the average GNR fan?

It's more of the fact that, yes he can play them, but not while claiming to be "Guns N' Roses"

Slash doesn't do that

Seems kind of silly that the only way you can sing GnR songs is to not be part of GnR anymore. Don't forget, Slash left - 14 years ago!. So doesn't that mean he's the one that shouldn't sing GnR songs anymore and the one who didn't leave can still sing them?

Personally, I'm glad they both keep the songs going in their own versions. More to love.

Sometimes I see "warn status" along the member information (left) side. What does that mean? I can't find it in help.

I think the warn status is there for the mods too let you know how close you are to being banned/suspended. Basically if you do something bad then it goes up. Mines on 0, I'm a good boy :D

Edited by plonker88

I think the warn status is there for the mods too let you know how close you are to being banned/suspended. Basically if you do something bad then it goes up. Mines on 0, I'm a good boy :D

Oh, me too, phew!

Thanks

Oh, me too, phew!

Thanks

Minus is 20 because I offended Fernando. I was angry that day :lol:

I don't really see why this would surprise anyone. Axl's been doing stuff like this for years. That's just Axl. I'm not saying it's right in any way but if you've been a fan of this band (both old and new) for long enough, then you should be happy that at least he's showing up for the shows nowadays. It is what it is and not you, the President, or the Messiah himself will ever change the man. Either take it for what it is or just don't go to the shows, pretty simple.

Bottom line: If you wear a Velvet Revolver shirt or any Slash gear to a new Guns N' Roses show, you're IRL trollin'.

Dude you are one of my favorite posters but you couldn't be more off. Do you think the average person who goes to a GNR show is like us?Hell no. They can't keep up with the 15 guys who have been in and out of Guns since Slash left. For the average adult, they just throw on a t shirt. If they put on a VR shirt or a Slash one,they aren't going looking to start shit. They prolly don't even know what trollin is.

...........Is the correct answer.

I think since 2002, 2006 and now 2010 - The number of people who actually think Slash is still in GNR is at its lowest but they'll still be people out there.

Regardless, it's ridiculous (if true).

Bottom line: If you wear a Velvet Revolver shirt or any Slash gear to a new Guns N' Roses show, you're IRL trollin'.

Dude you are one of my favorite posters but you couldn't be more off. Do you think the average person who goes to a GNR show is like us?Hell no. They can't keep up with the 15 guys who have been in and out of Guns since Slash left. For the average adult, they just throw on a t shirt. If they put on a VR shirt or a Slash one,they aren't going looking to start shit. They prolly don't even know what trollin is.

...........Is the correct answer.

I think since 2002, 2006 and now 2010 - The number of people who actually think Slash is still in GNR is at its lowest but they'll still be people out there.

Regardless, it's ridiculous (if true).

Subs,I didn't even mean that they think Slash is still in the band,I mean that said fan is not invested in the Axl/Slash drama and therefore is wearing the shirt just to wear it, not with any ulterior motive.

No, I know what you meant mate, just took it further..

Okay... maybe wearing a Slash shirt is one thing, but a VR shirt? I think if you even own a VR shirt, that you know Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses anyone. You don't just "put on" a VR shirt and go to a Guns N' Roses show.

Okay... maybe wearing a Slash shirt is one thing, but a VR shirt? I think if you even own a VR shirt, that you know Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses anyone. You don't just "put on" a VR shirt and go to a Guns N' Roses show.

How about we just wear whatever in the fuck we please and Axl Rose and his goons just fucking deal with it?

I don't know about you but I live in America, and I'll be damned if some low selling cover act is going to tell me otherwise.

actually I usually don't wear the band's shirt that I'm seeing in concert... I usually just wear something old that can rip without me thinking about it

How about we just wear whatever in the fuck we please and Axl Rose and his goons just fucking deal with it?

I don't know about you but I live in America, and I'll be damned if some low selling cover act is going to tell me otherwise.

Are you that bored throughout your life that you need to keep coming back under a new name every time you get banned?

actually I usually don't wear the band's shirt that I'm seeing in concert... I usually just wear something old that can rip without me thinking about it

Same here actually. I'll usualyl just wear a white shirt or something, so my good shirts don't get ruined by drinks or sweat or tearing, or anything for that matter.

Why do you care so much? You clearly have no interest in going to a show so it shouldn't even be an issue to you.

Did you read Slash's book? He made it pretty damn clear he doesn't want to reunite with Axl then too. It seems like you have selective memory.

I would have no problem with Axl and Slash reuniting. I've just moved on from expecting that.

Ali

Actually, I did read it, but it's been a couple of years. I recall him stating that there would have to be changes on Axl's part for it to be considered. Not that he refused to ever work with him again. And for the record, I don't "expect" anything. I'm merely saying that if we want to do something (that's within our control) about this degradation that we have been exposed to for the past 15 years, it would be to cut Axl off financially where we can. Otherwise, we'll continue to be subjected to these hanger-ons, leeches, and their nazi demands.

Towards the end of the book Slash made it clear he has moved on with his life and moved past Guns N' Roses. He's doing what he wants to do now and good for him. And for the record, it's more than just a matter of expectation. I don't want Slash and Axl to work together unless they want to do it themselves. If they do it for the "fans", it will ring hollow and that will be noticeable on-stage. I've moved on from the past and decided to embrace the present and future. It's actually quite liberating.

You're not really subjected to anyone or anything unless it is by your own choice. If you don't like the hangers-on and leeches then just move on and you won't have to deal with them and the distress they cause you :thumbsup: If and when there's ever a reunion of the old band, in the infinitesimally small chance of it, you'll know about it, I'm sure.

Ali