What time have they been coming onstage?

TurboSupra

Headed to the Montreal show here next week. Doors at 7, show at 8. What time do you guys think GNR will hit the stage? I saw 6 shows on the last tour and the earliest that I recall was 11ish, but from what I've read on here, they have been coming on a little earlier.

I think set length is actually determined by what time they actually go on. One of the guards in Hamilton told us that they had to be off by 1:30, and that's pretty much when the shows have been ending regardless of how long they are.

that would make sense have a more precisely timed ending, since they have to pack up and move to Toronto.

we talked to one of the venue staff after the London show (epic), and she said most bands tend to be done around 11:30, and take about 4 hours to tear down. So if they started really late and played till 230, there is just not enough time to drive to toronto, get a few hours hours of sleep. not a problem for london to montreal, but certainly could be for the back to backs.

probably some fatique vs. safety issue too....but Rock N Roll probably superceeds that!

if they do end up playing till about 1:30, the subway shuts down (i believe) around 2. Same with the buses, if you taking a bus after the subway ride, so the only alternative is a cab. Id love a long show like the one in japan but maybe if they start at 9

winnipeg: 10:45

calgary: 10:15

edmonton: 10:30

i think thats about right

That's awesome.

Only took him almost 20 years, but he realizes going on at midnight is not super cool to his fans.

Good for him. Our Axl is growing up.

Edited by D-GenerationX

I think set length is actually determined by what time they actually go on. One of the guards in Hamilton told us that they had to be off by 1:30, and that's pretty much when the shows have been ending regardless of how long they are.

that would make sense have a more precisely timed ending, since they have to pack up and move to Toronto.

we talked to one of the venue staff after the London show (epic), and she said most bands tend to be done around 11:30, and take about 4 hours to tear down. So if they started really late and played till 230, there is just not enough time to drive to toronto, get a few hours hours of sleep. not a problem for london to montreal, but certainly could be for the back to backs.

probably some fatique vs. safety issue too....but Rock N Roll probably superceeds that!

I figured this was the case, and it makes perfect sense. We'd all love for each show to be as long as the Japan ones but when the show itself starts at 8 and there are two openers to go through it just isn't possible. It seems the band is really taking advantage of this though by going on well before 11 for the most part and then playing for as long as possible. This certainly makes for a varied setlist and tour, which is a very good thing. Taking into account the tear down and travel time, they are really putting a lot of effort into giving us the best and longest show possible.