cant help feel that axl on this song would have made it kick ass even more!

sleishman drums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrVgLt15XBI

it's serial killer by slash's snakepit, everytime i listen to it.. i just cant help thinking what it would be like with axl's vocals over this..

i think it would have been one of their better songs!

any thoughts? agree, disagree?

thats the best song slash wrote outside gnr. minus the vocals and lyrics, so meaning just the music although parts of it can be better...which is what axl would all have fixed. awesome solo...seems he actually sat down to write it instead of the other random pentatonic widdling he does on his solo albums and VR.

btw if u listen carefully, at 4:40 he uses the exact same fast run/lick as in back off bitch solo, 3:07, just diff key ;p

irony: this song has strings, synth effects, grand piano, harps which slash and slash fans hated about axls producing.....even a children choir, lol.

when it comes to quality songwriting and performing it, slash needs axl for the songwriting and producing, axl needs slash for the performing of them.

and yeah wrong section but u know that already ;)

Edited by warwarwar

I always thought Beggars and Hangers on with the Axl/GNR influence on it could have been an epic song. I really love as it is, but the instrumental is really strong and Axl's lyrics/vocals would have done alot for it. Same goes with Back to the Moment and Back and forth Again. Come to think of it I always try and imagine what Axl would do with pretty much every ballad Slash has ever been on, because I can't think of one his guitar doesn't sound good on. He just has an awesome tone, but alot of time the artists around him don't reach where he is at on the song, so it just ends up being a mediocre song with awesome solo.

That is the tragedy in their inability to work together. Axl does big epic ballads better than almost all rock singers, and Slash's body of work when soloing on said songs (NR, Estranged, Streetchild, FTP) is one of the best out there in terms of meshing a standout guitar seemlessly into a song.

I am in a minority, but I vastly prefer the singer on Ain't Life Grand to Eric Dover on the first album.

I agree with you. I think the guy on Ain't Life Grand does some pretty solid vocal work. It's a good album. Not a fan of Eric Dover. The music on the album is good, but the vocals are only average.

Eric Dover wipes the floor with Rod Jackson, but the instrumentals on Aint Life Grand are much better than 5 O'Clock.

That first snakepit album is just bland. One song to the next sounds the same, and there's nothing that jumps out of the speakers. I've always been really surprised that Slash couldn't come up with dynamic and dramatic AFD riffage on his own. Izzy seems to be the crucial ingredient.

The string skipping solo on Serial Killer is nice.

I am in a minority, but I vastly prefer the singer on Ain't Life Grand to Eric Dover on the first album.

I agree with you. I think the guy on Ain't Life Grand does some pretty solid vocal work. It's a good album. Not a fan of Eric Dover. The music on the album is good, but the vocals are only average.

Eric Dover wipes the floor with Rod Jackson, but the instrumentals on Aint Life Grand are much better than 5 O'Clock.

That first snakepit album is just bland. One song to the next sounds the same, and there's nothing that jumps out of the speakers. I've always been really surprised that Slash couldn't come up with dynamic and dramatic AFD riffage on his own. Izzy seems to be the crucial ingredient.

The string skipping solo on Serial Killer is nice.

the song reminds me (instrumentally) of something that had raw rock from the afd days, but it's a little more complex, from something in the uyi days.. its a perfect medium i think anyways..