TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

Why doesn't the GNR camp just say it is okay to wear a Slash shirt. A) IT is the right thing to do. B) It will make Axl look like less of an ass.

Because it's the very reason everyone has forgotten about Axl. He IS an asshole (yes people of this forum, that is actually the majority perception of him). An asshole who also had the balls to claim he had nothing to do with the breakup of the band, then goes out and writes a piss poor song like Sorry. When you're sexually molested as a child, you are fucked up for life - he's in his own world, which is why it amuses me when people suggest he should do anything conventionally and anything for anyone other than himself. He does stuff according to him and on his terms, which quite frankly I have to admire, but its a big reason why he has the negative image from people. It's never going to change.

He's thriving with this new GNR now because there's no competition between himself and anyone in the band. It's all Axl all the time, and nobody gives a shit about anyone else, as long as they can cover the old tunes adequately. They're all yes men in Axl's fucked up world.

Wow. Well first of all, I don't think you're in any position to diagnose Axl or "explain" why the fact that he was sexually molested as a child plays into anything he does these days. The fact that you would use that in a rant against him makes you an even bigger "asshole." It must be nice to be so issue free, and have nothing that happened to you as a child affect you now. Man, you must be really cool.

You're pissed that Axl won't reunite so you unleashed that dumbass tyrade. Nice dude.

He's admitted that his molestation as a child has fucked him up, so I'm not diagnosing just going by what he's said in the past.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been following this drama, but did anyone see that Slash addressed the issue on his Twitter? Someone asked him what he thought of Axl banning Slash shirts, and Slash responded: "I'm not really sure what to think."

yeah I just saw that

@SlashHudson what do you think about axl banning anything that has to do with you cuz I'm going to concert tonite and I'm pissed 12:16 PM Jan 25th from Echofon in reply to SlashHudson

@KSavs I'm not really sure what to think.

about 24 hours ago from web in reply to KSavs

I haven't been following this drama, but did anyone see that Slash addressed the issue on his Twitter? Someone asked him what he thought of Axl banning Slash shirts, and Slash responded: "I'm not really sure what to think."

thats a legit response. what else is he going to say?

"i told ya so" maybe.

Madison seems to be targeted by this Blabbermouth article. Who is it from here that writes there then? http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134040

Were they really calling out Madison with that, or am I missing something? :huh:

Both of the audio clips have a picture of the Madison Street sign and he calls out a moderator from a fan forum so seems fairly obvious.

If Madison says "it´s black" then it´s black man ... i´m sure of that ... fucking bastards !

thats a legit response. what else is he going to say?

"i told ya so" maybe.

Exactly, that´s the point. I´m sure it happened because Madison said that. But maybe is not from Axl´s camp as Ali said yesterday. It has been the promoter or maybe some stupi security guy acting by himself...

i believe the people who say they were asked to remove their shirt. there is no question of that.

but i also believe the people who say they got in with a slash shirt ,or even a VR shirt.

i think its clear this isnt an 'across the board' policy so info at this point is sketchy at best.

whats the big deal, just dont be a homo and wear a non-smartass shirt. jesus christ.

Edited by Jackie Moon

i believe the people who say they were asked to remove their shirt. there is no question of that.

but i also believe the people who say they got in with a slash shirt ,or even a VR shirt.

i think its clear this isnt an 'across the board' policy so info at this point is sketchy at best.

whats the big deal, just dont be a homo and wear a non-smartass shirt. jesus christ.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I know what you mean but disagree ... if i want to wear a Slash or VR shirt to a GNR concert i´ll do and NOBODY should obligate me to take it out... I love GNR, and Slash, and i like VR, at least the first cd.. .so if they have personal issues between them (axl, slash, GNR, VR) is their responsability, not mine ... otherwise is being a fucking dictator

perhaps it came from the promoter?

axl has a history and the last thing a promoter wants is a walk off. its not good for anybody, enspecially the venue / promoter

How dare you speak logically in a GNR forum you asshole. That just makes waaaaaaaaaaay too much sense. Instead lets just blame Axl and believe some lame security dude, it's fun and irrational!

I know what you mean but disagree ... if i want to wear a Slash or VR shirt to a GNR concert i´ll do and NOBODY should obligate me to take it out... I love GNR, and Slash, and i like VR, at least the first cd.. .so if they have personal issues between them (axl, slash, GNR, VR) is their responsability, not mine ... otherwise is being a fucking dictator

wambulance.jpg

is it lame? yeah. whatever. get over it.

Edited by Jackie Moon

A promoter doing something this potentially damning all on his own is a little...er, far fetched. When you promote Axl Rose, you walk on fucking rice paper and do exactly as he says and not an inch more. So I don't believe that a promoter would take it amongst himself and do something this fucking stupid.

Edited by Nintari

You better get over it. You wouldn't want to upset Mr. Moon, who worked really hard having a unique signature.

i actually encourage wearing a slash shirt. cause if this is true, one of 3 things will happen:

1.youll cave like a little girl

2.youll go home like a little girl

3.youll throw a fit and get arrested, like a little girl.

either way im going to giggle like a little girl.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Both of the audio clips have a picture of the Madison Street sign and he calls out a moderator from a fan forum so seems fairly obvious.

Blabbermouth didn't put those clips together.

It's the same clips that a fan posted on this forum, where the fan called up some random kid who answers phones at the venue looking for answers. The two clips clearly show the person hasn't a clue what concert they're talking about, let alone the security instructions that were given for that show. If the fan had taken the time to actually find the person who headed up security that night - and who was there at the show that night - she would have gotten the answers she was seeking in great detail. This is what TMZ did.... But the fan was lazy or not skilled enough to do that, and instead questioned (and illegally recorded) some random kid who probably earns $6 an hour to answer phones at the venue. *shakes head*

You better get over it. You wouldn't want to upset Mr. Moon, who worked really hard having a unique signature.

i actually encourage wearing a slash shirt. cause if this is true, one of 3 things will happen:

1.youll cave like a little girl

2.youll go home like a little girl

3.youll throw a fit and get arrested, like a little girl.

either way im going to giggle like a little girl.

Now Jackie, let's not drag down little girls.

Edited by Orsys

It's the same clips that a fan posted on this forum, where the fan called up some random kid who answers phones at the venue looking for answers. The two clips clearly show the person hasn't a clue what concert they're talking about, let alone the security instructions that were given for that show. If the fan had taken the time to actually find the person who headed up security that night - and who was there at the show that night - she would have gotten the answers she was seeking in great detail. This is what TMZ did.... But the fan was lazy or not skilled enough to do that, and instead questioned (and illegally recorded) some random kid who probably earns $6 an hour to answer phones at the venue. *shakes head*

Are we referring to the same clips? The Blabbermouth article has a conversation between a male and somebody that states that they were in the security meeting the night of the concert. The clip has a Madison Street sign? The 2nd clip does sound like a junior employee. I'm not being facecious but you mention a She there and it was a guy in the clip i'm referring to.

Are we referring to the same clips? The Blabbermouth article has a conversation between a male and somebody that states that they were in the security meeting the night of the concert. The clip has a Madison Street sign? The 2nd clip does sound like a junior employee. I'm not being facecious but you mention a She there and it was a guy in the clip i'm referring to.

Yes, those are the same clips a fan posted here in the other thread. I thought it was girl who posted them, but it could have been a guy.

As for the clips, the fan called random people at the venue - not the security firm that handled security for the show. Wrong people and wrong phone number. Either the fan was lazy or not skilled enough to know who to call.

This has got to be the most anti-rock n’ roll news of the week. Axl Rose apparently ordered security at a recent show to force anyone wearing ‘Slash gear’ to turn their clothing inside out before being granted entry. Some fans turned around a left, while others complied.

The buffoonery was confirmed by TMZ, who reportedly made contact with the band’s tour staff to verify the claim.

So why would they stoop so low? Well, for those of you who haven’t been keeping up with GnR drama, here’s a quick refresher:

Slash and Axl have been in the midst of a bizarre falling out for quite some time. The Guardian reports that the top hot wearing, chain smoking, whisky-guzzling guitarist even refused a deal worth ‘hundreds of millions’ of dollars to reunite with the band.

About his relationship with the singer, he said:

“Things were so abrasive by the time I left…I’ve never thought, ‘Oh, wouldn’t it be nice to get back together’. Because I know it wouldn’t.”

I guess the feelings are mutual for Rose, who said: “One of the two of us will die before a reunion.”

For the average person, the idea of denying that much money over some hard feelings is beyond comprehension.

But the reality is that there has to be a good energy flow between band members for things to work out.

That part of it I can understand, but taking your little feud out on fans? That’s absurd. Maybe it’s time to grow up be thankful that people are still following the band after leaving them hanging with no record for decades, only to release a weak album like ‘Chinese Democracy.’

Let us know what you think of the Guns N’ Roses dress code below. Also, check out some photos, and a video from the good ‘ole days. (SCOM Video)

http://fashion.rightcelebrity.com/?p=830

This has got to be the most anti-rock n’ roll news of the week. Axl Rose apparently ordered security at a recent show to force anyone wearing ‘Slash gear’ to turn their clothing inside out before being granted entry. Some fans turned around a left, while others complied.

The buffoonery was confirmed by TMZ, who reportedly made contact with the band’s tour staff to verify the claim.

So why would they stoop so low? Well, for those of you who haven’t been keeping up with GnR drama, here’s a quick refresher:

Slash and Axl have been in the midst of a bizarre falling out for quite some time. The Guardian reports that the top hot wearing, chain smoking, whisky-guzzling guitarist even refused a deal worth ‘hundreds of millions’ of dollars to reunite with the band.

“Things were so abrasive by the time I left…I’ve never thought, ‘Oh, wouldn’t it be nice to get back together’. Because I know it wouldn’t.”

I guess the feelings are mutual for Rose, who said: “One of the two of us will die before a reunion.”

For the average person, the idea of denying that much money over some hard feelings is beyond comprehension.

But the reality is that there has to be a good energy flow between band members for things to work out.

That part of it I can understand, but taking your little feud out on fans? That’s absurd. Maybe it’s time to grow up be thankful that people are still following the band after leaving them hanging with no record for decades, only to release a weak album like ‘Chinese Democracy.’

Let us know what you think of the Guns N’ Roses dress code below. Also, check out some photos, and a video from the good ‘ole days. (SCOM Video)

Whoever wrote that is clearly on Slash's payroll and is designed strictly to make Axl look bad.

Perla's remarks:

@DogBountyHunter that is so stupid! He plays the songs slash wrote with him but a tshirt bothers him? U did well! I'm proud of u!

10:46 AM Jan 24th from UberTwitter

@MissDinNYC hunny! I'm gonna sell axl costumes at slashs shows! Holla!!!

4:30 PM Jan 24th from UberTwitter in reply to MissDinNYC

This has got to be the most anti-rock n roll news of the week. Axl Rose apparently ordered security at a recent show to force anyone wearing Slash gear to turn their clothing inside out before being granted entry. Some fans turned around a left, while others complied.

The buffoonery was confirmed by TMZ, who reportedly made contact with the bands tour staff to verify the claim.

So why would they stoop so low? Well, for those of you who havent been keeping up with GnR drama, heres a quick refresher:

Slash and Axl have been in the midst of a bizarre falling out for quite some time. The Guardian reports that the top hot wearing, chain smoking, whisky-guzzling guitarist even refused a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars to reunite with the band.

Things were so abrasive by the time I left…Ive never thought, Oh, wouldnt it be nice to get back together. Because I know it wouldnt.

I guess the feelings are mutual for Rose, who said: One of the two of us will die before a reunion.

That part of it I can understand, but taking your little feud out on fans? Thats absurd. Maybe its time to grow up be thankful that people are still following the band after leaving them hanging with no record for decades, only to release a weak album like Chinese Democracy.

Let us know what you think of the Guns N Roses dress code below. Also, check out some photos, and a video from the good ole days. (SCOM Video)

I love how your so quick to find these articles, which you obviously must dig hard for, that are against Axl, the man who holds the keys to your future joy in life (a GNR reunion) and keep sponsering a reunion.

It's like you hate Axl and bash him constantly (mind you he doesnt know you or ever will know you or care about you) and want him to cave in for a reunion for fuckers like you.

I think that is why there won't be reunion and we all know thats why your a tool.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions