TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

Quoting people's ages and trying to act like that makes them any less of a fan is pathetic. It's basically akin to stating that you don't have anything else to prove your point or make your argument. Sort of like when people point out someone's grammar errors. If anything, it just invalidates your point. That's like saying a 30-year-old can't be a fan of Billie Holiday. It honestly makes no sense. They can see the chemistry of Axl and Slash in YouTube videos, DVDs, etc. Now, you're going to say that's not the same thing as seeing it live, and that's arguable. But how many GNR fans in their forties never got a chance to see them? That doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Edited by -Anti-

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not confirmed by anyone except an unknown source so no it aint true

Oh, for heaven's sake. I can't believe you're still in denial.

I spoke to the security manager, and he confirmed it to me.

I'm guessing TMZ spoke to the same person. If you make the right calls and speak to the person who headed security that night, he will confirm everything in great detail.

I can't believe some of you are still trying to pretend it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Now, the question that remains - Has someone in the GNR camp stopped instructing security to do this at other shows, given the enormous negative feedback this policy got? Who knows. But, that's what we don't know at this point.

**And No - I did not tip off TMZ about this, in case anyone was wondering.

Did it happen to anyone on this forum who went to the show?

yes, several people from this forum saw this happen and posted it.

Please read through the other thread on this topic.

Yeah but another member on the forum said that they spoke to a different security official and he said it didn't happen. I know it's more likely that the one you talked to is more credible but still, we can't confirm that just because you're the admin.

Yes, I do think it happened. But to tell everyone that you talked to an official and that's why it's true isn't credible when we have another member saying the opposite.

I'm guessing TMZ spoke to the same person. If you make the right calls and speak to the person who headed security that night, he will confirm everything in great detail.

I can't believe some of you are still trying to pretend it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Now, the question that remains - Has someone in the GNR camp stopped instructing security to do this at other shows, given the enormous negative feedback this policy got? Who knows. But, that's what we don't know at this point.

You people are fucking morons to not believe this.

Since myself and others reported this about the Winnipeg show, I've talked to people from the security team and this is 100% confirmed it came from Axl's camp and were instructed the day of the show to do this.

This is so fucking sad and wipe this shit out of your eyes.

I'm glad that the other shows are going well but I wish I wasn't at that poor excuse for a Winnipeg show.

OK. Start with the comments about what a loser I am blah blah blah and get back to kissing uncle Axl's ass.

If someone here did tip off the media then they deserve all the shit that comes their way. Really can't imagine anything more pathetic.

:lol: Yeah, God forbid someone reports something that's entertainment news to an entertainment news site. What are you going to do? Internet them to death, bad ass? :shades:

Check the age listed in his profile. It should help to explain.

According to him, having 'AFD' played in the background as he was being breast fed by his mommy is equally as impressive as having been there first hand.

Please don't make assumptions about me. It doesn't reflect well on you.

in this forum:

If you talk about Axl positive, you kiss Axl's ass.

If you talk about Slash positive, you kiss Slash's ass.

If you talk about Axl negative, you are Slash's ball licker.

If you talk about Slash negative, yoy are Axl's ball licker.

Axl and Slash never had it so good.

What I don't get is, how come GNR still profit off the old band members by selling AFD logo shirts in their store? IF u wear an AFD shirt, u are technically wearing the original thus dissing the new right?

in this forum:

If you talk about Axl positive, you kiss Axl's ass.

If you talk about Slash positive, you kiss Slash's ass.

If you talk about Axl negative, you are Slash's ball licker.

If you talk about Slash negative, yoy are Axl's ball licker.

Axl and Slash never had it so good.

:lol:

No shit.

I could use plenty more ass kissers and ball lickers in my life.

If someone here did tip off the media then they deserve all the shit that comes their way. Really can't imagine anything more pathetic.

:lol: Yeah, God forbid someone reports something that's entertainment news to an entertainment news site. What are you going to do? Internet them to death, bad ass? :shades:

Check the age listed in his profile. It should help to explain.

According to him, having 'AFD' played in the background as he was being breast fed by his mommy is equally as impressive as having been there first hand.

Listen to me you piece of shit, I'm 16. I work, study, talk Portuguese, English (not that good) and I'm starting to learn Italian. I bet 90% of you so "old schools" don't do that. And you have more access than me (you're the fucking yankee, i'm the fucking poor south american). It's the third time I saw you using age against users. Go to your mommy and cry about your banned account, but don't waste our time. It's fucking ridiculous, get a life stupid punk.

.......... They can see the chemistry of Axl and Slash in YouTube videos, DVDs, etc. Now, you're going to say that's not the same thing as seeing it live, and that's arguable. But how many GNR fans in their forties never got a chance to see them? That doesn't make them any less of a fan.

sure, you can be a fan without seeing your favorite band live.

sure, you can see the chemistry in videos, dvds etc.

but it gives you nothing more than an idea of the things, that really happened.

it's better than nothing and a nice tool to remember great emotions.

but there's no video that makes you to a real part of the event, to a part of the real interaction between crowd and bandmembers and you can't feel the real tremendous intensity of that moment.

what is the reason, that people go to see their favorite bands live ?

it's the unique possibility to share an intensive time togehther.

if you never had the chance to experience the first line-up of gnr, you can't know what people talking about,

who had the chance to see them live.

that's why the the discussion of age makes sense, though it's not a good argument.

i think it's great, that there are so many very young gnr - fans. i've never expected that.

Edited by anja

.......... They can see the chemistry of Axl and Slash in YouTube videos, DVDs, etc. Now, you're going to say that's not the same thing as seeing it live, and that's arguable. But how many GNR fans in their forties never got a chance to see them? That doesn't make them any less of a fan.

sure, you can be a fan without seeing your favorite band live.

sure, you can see the chemistry in videos, dvds etc.

but it gives you nothing more than an idea of the things, that really happened.

it's better than nothing and a nice tool to remember great emotions.

but there's no video that makes you to a real part of the event, to a part of the real interaction between crowd and bandmembers and you can't feel the real tremendous intensity of that moment.

what is the reason, that people go to see their favorite bands live ?

it's the unique possibility to share an intensive time togehther.

if you never had the chance to experience the first line-up of gnr, you can't know what people talking about,

who had the chance to see them live.

that's why the the discussion of age makes sense, though it's not a good argument.

i think it's great, that there are so many very young gnr - fans. i never expected that.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't completely agree. How many people on this forum are fans of bands that they never had an opportunity to see live? The Beatles, The Doors, the original GNR? Again, that doesn't make them any less of a fan. That doesn't mean that they don't feel the same emotions from the music and get the same feeling/excitement/amazement/etc that you do out of it. Agreed that it's an amazing opportunity to have seen the original line-up live but to say that not having seen them makes you not understand the relationship between, not only Slash and Axl, but all the members is absurd to me. It means a lot to, I'm sure, to those that had that chance but that doesn't mean that you don't 'get' the music or the chemistry between those orignal five members.

I've just cleaned up the off-topic chat from this thread.

If you wish to talk about banned members, please use the pm system.

I can assure you that anyone who has been banned was either a former banned member OR had been given multiple chances to clean up their act and didn't.

Now, let's get back on topic folks.

I can assure you that anyone who has been banned was either a former banned member OR had been given multiple chances to clean up their act and didn't.

The two above post of Satanisk_Slakt are on topic and the others not?! :question:

Edited by dimitrisaxl

well as fun as debating with someone where 90% of their posts are just quoting profile age, ill pass. this thread is ridiculous and i think those antics kind of ruin the news section

all ill say is i think this is cool, its no secret axl dislikes slash, so i guess any news is good news.

Edited by Jackie Moon

How many people on this forum are fans of bands that they never had an opportunity to see live? The Beatles, The Doors, the original GNR? Again, that doesn't make them any less of a fan.

i agree and i wrote that with the first sentence of my previous posting.

That doesn't mean that they don't feel the same emotions from the music and get the same feeling/excitement/amazement/etc that you do out of it.

i agree !!

Agreed that it's an amazing opportunity to have seen the original line-up live but to say that not having seen them makes you not understand the relationship between, not only Slash and Axl, but all the members is absurd to me. It means a lot to, I'm sure, to those that had that chance but that doesn't mean that you don't 'get' the music or the chemistry between those orignal five members.

i'd say, you have another understanding of the relationship between axl and slash because you could feel that synergy in a very direct way.

in '93 it was the last time, when i was at a gnr-concert . i remember very well, that it was different from all the others concerts before.

i thought, when i went to the exit, that it was the last time that i saw axl and slash on stage together.

you couldn't see that, but you could feel that.

that's the difference !!!

that's one reason, why a die-hard-fan would wear a slash-shirt, without the intention to antagonize axl.

he would wear that shirt in respect of old and new gnr.

while reading the arguments (acceptance of stupid orders) of the young fans i'm not sure,

if they can feel the band's attitude that was so important for all the fans in the early times.

Edited by anja

And I have to ask, since you think this shit is "cool" and are happy that Axl feels this way about Slash, what in the fuck are you doing on this site claiming to be a GNR fan? I hope you're next on the chopping block.

i am a gnr fan, shacklers revenge is awesome!! wooo guns n roses!

axl can feel however he wants about slash as long as it keeps creating awesome guns n roses songs such as prostitute and street of dreams!

Edited by Jackie Moon

i'd say, you have another understanding of the relationship between axl and slash because you could feel that synergy in a very direct way.

in '93 it was the last time, when i was at a gnr-concert . i remember very well, that it was different from all the others concerts before.

i thought, when i went to the exit, that it was the last time (for me) that i saw axl and slash on stage together.

you couldn't see that, but you could feel that.

that's the difference !!!

that's one reason, why a die-hard-fan would wear a slash-shirt, without the intention to antagonize axl.

he would wear that shirt in respect of old and new gnr.

while reading the arguments (acceptance of stupid orders) of the young fans i'm not sure,

if they can feel the band's attitude that was so important for all the fans in the early times.

I think we're going to justhave to agree to disagree, Anja. Although I do agree with what you said about fans wearing a Slash shirt to a nuGNR concert. I don't understand why so many other people can't grasp that not all fans are trying to piss Axl off.

well as fun as debating with someone where 90% of their posts are just quoting profile age, ill pass. this thread is ridiculous and i think those antics kind of ruin the news section

all ill say is i think this is cool, its no secret axl dislikes slash, so i guess any news is good news.

This thread is ridiculous because it further solidifies Madison's earlier allegation that this did in fact happen. And in all likelihood, Axl and his goons knew about this and/or ordered it.

And I have to ask, since you think this shit is "cool" and are happy that Axl feels this way about Slash, what in the fuck are you doing on this site claiming to be a GNR fan? I hope you're next on the chopping block.

No, there is no "in all likelihood Axl ordered it". That makes no logical sense considering this hasn't happened at every show. None whatsoever.

Ali

This thread is ridiculous because it further solidifies Madison's earlier allegation that this did in fact happen. And in all likelihood, Axl and his goons knew about this and/or ordered it.

No, there is no "in all likelihood Axl ordered it". That makes no logical sense considering this hasn't happened at every show. None whatsoever.

Ali

I understand your point and it´s full of logic,

But then, Ali, who do u think it ordered?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The two above post of Satanisk_Slakt are on topic and the others not?! :question:

I deleted them myself now. I think she just must have missed them.

Anyways, to say something on topic, it's a really strange this whole thing. Surely it's a stupid move not allowing certain kind of clothes, and it would be very interesting if we ever got a response from someone "important" (not trying to discredit Fernando, but he's not very important for GN'R in my opinion.) in the GN'R-camp.

Ali

I understand your point and it´s full of logic,

But then, Ali, who do u think it ordered?

I think it may have been the promoter or the venue trying to do something on Axl's behalf, worried that he would freak out if he saw Slash gear in the crowd.

Ali

Let the new generations enjoy the GNR. I was a Nirvana fan but now a die-hard GNR fan because of Chinese Democracy inspired me! By the way, to me there's only one Guns N' Roses. rock1

And what are you doing here, to tell us what to do and boycott Axl? Is that you Perla that you've been doing a great effort to stop Axl? Or are you a gay? :rofl-lol:

You people are fucking morons to not believe this.

Since myself and others reported this about the Winnipeg show, I've talked to people from the security team and this is 100% confirmed it came from Axl's camp and were instructed the day of the show to do this.

This is so fucking sad and wipe this shit out of your eyes.

I'm glad that the other shows are going well but I wish I wasn't at that poor excuse for a Winnipeg show.

OK. Start with the comments about what a loser I am blah blah blah and get back to kissing uncle Axl's ass.

I don't know about you being a loser, and for sure I'll be kissing no ass today or any other, but I have to ask exactly where you were seated at the Winnipeg show, because I was on the floor and the show was kickass. The only way I could see myself thinking the show was lame would be if I was at the back of the rink and it sounded like shit.

So why did the show suck for you? You seem bitter and agenda oriented.

Did they take away your Slash costume or something?

Congrats on your 25th post since '06, BTW!