TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

Either way you look at this, it's quite simply, "Bad Publicity" which Axl, doesn't need right now. :thumbsdown:

At least not this kind. :crazy::violin:

I'd venture to say that this is the kind of crap, that will turn people off and make them actually laugh at Axl for being so apparently, childish and petty.

Not cool. Not cool at all. :no::confused:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way you look at this, it's quite simply, "Bad Publicity" which Axl, doesn't need right now. :thumbsdown:

I'd venture to say that this is the kind of crap, that will turn people off and make them actually laugh at Axl for being so apparently, childish and petty.

A TMZ Poster said:

"Don't know if you've realize this but no one cares about all these random postings---- get the news on Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie!

pronto. thanks."

:lol:

No one outside GNR forums, truly care.

Actually, I think the publicity will have a positive effect. Good or bad - it's drawing attention to GNR and the tour. It's putting Axl and the band in the news and letting more people know about the tour that might not have known about it otherwise. (*Remember, Axl isn't doing the normal media circuit to promote the tour). ... It may also make people purchase tickets to the show just to see the new lineup out of curiosity.

A TMZ Poster said:

"Don't know if you've realize this but no one cares about all these random postings---- get the news on Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie!

pronto. thanks."

:lol: Absolutely! And some Jen Anniston craziness too for the road ;-)

This is all, really, in hindsight and experience and current affairs, such petty, petty bullshit ... another lesson from Conan!

Debbie-I've done half of-Georgia

Just because your trailer has a dial up internet connection that your daughter can access

RECAP OF THE SIMPLE FORUM RULES TO FOLLOW:

1) Be polite and respect other members and point of views; harassment, vulgar insults and namecalling will not be tolerated

Wow, that's surprising cause that's all I ever read here. I guess it's more of a guideline than a rule.

I agree, any publicity is good publicity. When the LAX thing happened, a ton of people started searching GNR as it's probably the first time they'd heard about them in a long time.

Which makes me wonder how much of this is being set up by someone in the GNR camp, unbeknownst to Axl who would never go for it. Just like the odd tweet about the reunion. Although I'm not convinced that was directed at Slash, still it was odd and sounded like someone fed Axl some bad info.

It's almost like someone is trying to revive the Axl/Slash feud in public. Knowing that will get attention from blogs like TMZ.

A TMZ Poster said:

pronto. thanks."

:lol: Absolutely! And some Jen Anniston craziness too for the road ;-)

This is all, really, in hindsight and experience and current affairs, such petty, petty bullshit ... another lesson from Conan!

I can't even read comments on TMZ anymore. The last time I did was when Dog The Bounty Hunter got canceled and the amount of racist garbage posted was enough to make me sick.

I was at the Winnipeg show, and I brought a bag with a change of clothes inside in case it got too hot for winter gear. I could have had a fucking top hat and other Slash paraphernalia inside, and it wouldn't have mattered a bit to the dudes that frisked me. In fact I went through security twice, because the first time I was on the wrong level.

Anyways, I have to assume that it wasn't a highly enforced policy considering my experience. Sounds like a bit of bullshit taken a bit too seriously by some security.

It's almost like someone is trying to revive the Axl/Slash feud in public. Knowing that will get attention from blogs like TMZ.

but it's not the public's decision to start this feud again - it depends on the reaction of axl and slash.

if the ban of slash-shirts comes from the axl camp (whoever gave the order), it's their decision to keep this feud alive.

this would be very bad.

I can't even read comments on TMZ anymore. The last time I did was when Dog The Bounty Hunter got canceled and the amount of racist garbage posted was enough to make me sick.

;-) Didn't even know there were comments until I posted this link ... who reads them anyways ;-) :xmassrudolph:

but it's not the public's decision to start this feud again - it depends on the reaction of axl and slash.

if the ban of slash-shirts comes from the axl camp (whoever gave the order), it's their decision to keep this feud alive.

this would be very bad.

No, you misread what I wrote. I said it sounds like someone is trying to publicly revive the feud, not the public is trying to revive it.

It's almost as if someone in Axl's camp is purposely trying to get it started up again, although I do not believe Axl himself would go for it.

this would be very bad.

No, you misread what I wrote. I said it sounds like someone is trying to publicly revive the feud, not the public is trying to revive it.

It's almost as if someone in Axl's camp is purposely trying to get it started up again, although I do not believe Axl himself would go for it.

ok, i understand :)

...............but i hope you're wrong !!!

You're just as disrespectful of the younger users as BBA and rancid_punks are. That "it amazes me how kids will go to such lengths to re-register" BS is uncalled for, especially since the user who you continually let back, BBA, is the one "bashing" the kids. Don't let your bias be so damned obvious, please.

January 16, 1994 (check his profile)

^ Aww..... did the big meanie Madison strike a nerve with a little boy too. Yep. Think she did

Anyone seeing a trend here? Just for the record, this guy wasn't even born when Axl n Slash were last onstage. Think about that.

The only trend I see is a bitter old cunt coming back to the same old board month after month, regardless of how many times he is banned.

The people making comments on TMZ are FUCKING MORONS.

I couldn't bear more then a page of their unknown judgemental bullshit, acting like they know what GnR is like while they make fun of his "dreadlocks" and say that "Axel is a fat bitch"..yeah..Axel

:rofl-lol: So true! Good for a laugh tho!

I couldn't bear more then a page of their unknown judgemental bullshit, acting like they know what GnR is like while they make fun of his "dreadlocks" and say that "Axel is a fat bitch"..yeah..Axel

:rolleyes:

Yeah Ok.

I bet that 75% of all the people that make comments on GNR Related News on TMZ,Rollingstone, and Non-Official Videos on Youtube etc; Are the same people that post on this forum.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Yeah Ok.

I'm bet that 75% of all people that make comments on GNR Related News on TMZ,Rollingstone, and, Non-Official Videos on Youtube etc; Are the same people that post on this forum.

Im willing to put money against that statement.

Yeah Ok.

I bet that 75% of all people that make comments on GNR Related News on TMZ,Rollingstone, and, Non-Official Videos on Youtube etc; Are the same people that post on this forum.

:lol: Sadly dude ... you're probably right!

Edited by kropotkin

Yeah Ok.

I bet that 75% of all the people that make comments on GNR Related News on TMZ,Rollingstone, and Non-Official Videos on Youtube etc; Are the same people that post on this forum.

People who judge someone, or something, before even knowing the state of what they are judging just piss me off.

Like that one guy who said he wasn't gonna spend his money to pay and see Axls horse and pony shit show in Toronto because the old band put on a much great performance...well obviously he hasn't read any of the reviews, watched or listened to any bootlegs, or seen 1 youtube video from the tour so far...and is basing his opinion of TMZ unsourced hearsay..

Why are people denying that they "tipped off" TMZ? I didn't see anyone ask about that. Ever heard the phrase "the guilty dog barks first"? I'm just saying.... <_<:shrugs:

So, you're saying that Madison tipped off TMZ? That's pretty ballsy. Is that why you're group thing says banned? Yikes.

If someone here did tip off the media then they deserve all the shit that comes their way. Really can't imagine anything more pathetic.

:lol: Yeah, God forbid someone reports something that's entertainment news to an entertainment news site. What are you going to do? Internet them to death, bad ass? :shades:

If someone here did tip off the media then they deserve all the shit that comes their way. Really can't imagine anything more pathetic.

:lol: Yeah, God forbid someone reports something that's entertainment news to an entertainment news site. What are you going to do? Internet them to death, bad ass? :shades:

So in your world it's ok for a fan of this band, either new line up or old, to put a story out there that could damage an already damaged image?

Yer, kudos to them.

Edited by plonker88

Check the age listed in his profile. It should help to explain.

According to him, having 'AFD' played in the background as he was being breast fed by his mommy is equally as impressive as having been there first hand.

Edited by Lethal Weapon

I don't see how this is an issue when we have forum members like Evil Ernie confirming this apparel ban did not happen at shows like Edmonton. Like RonMexico82 said, if it was the band's policy it would be implemented at every show and that is not the case.

Ali

Why is age thrown around on this board so much? I'm almost 30, I went to a GNR show in the 90s, and I still think many young people on here have very valid opinions to give and some of them are even bigger fans than I am.

Edited by PTZ

Why is age thrown around on this board so much? I'm almost 30, I went to a GNR show in the 90s, and I still think many young people on here have very valid opinions to give and some of them are even bigger fans than I am.

It's a desperate and pathetic attempt by some to feel some sense of superiority as a fan.

Ali