TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

This is kind of hilarious that it is now going main stream.

Once TMZ picks up on a story, it is likely to spread to other similar places. I would fully expect to see Perez Hilton picking up on this soon, as well as many other gossip sites that piggy back off of TMZ.

It looks as if the ball is already rolling with other sites picking up the story as well.

Shame. Hope it doesn't hurt Axl from being able to cash grab too badly this year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/2822148/Fans-banned-from-wearing-Slash-gear-at-Guns-NRoses-gigs.html

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/guns-n-roses-force-fans-to-drop-slash_1129666

Ouch. Here's one more. I sure hope this doesn't start spreading like wild fire.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/127857/Guns-N-Roses-Concert-Bans-Slash-Gear.htm

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame. Hope it doesn't hurt Axl from being able to cash grab too badly this year.

It won't hurt him one bit, its just more embarrassing than anything else as it comes off as just being extremely childish.

Thankfully though, the thing he has going for him is that people expect this kind of thing out of him, so it is hardly like this is a big revelation.

It would be more of a shock had Slash done something like this were he to have tried to outlaw all things GNR or STP from VR shows.

It seems the security guard is the one tipping people off, as he is so far the only source for this story and the one person being quoted.

Did we ever figure out who the producer is?

I'm not reading back through 4 pages of Axl vs Slash fans for 2 millionth time.

Edited by PTZ

This is kind of hilarious that it is now going main stream.

Once TMZ picks up on a story, it is likely to spread to other similar places. I would fully expect to see Perez Hilton picking up on this soon, as well as many other gossip sites that piggy back off of TMZ.

It looks as if the ball is already rolling with other sites picking up the story as well.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/2822148/Fans-banned-from-wearing-Slash-gear-at-Guns-NRoses-gigs.html

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/guns-n-roses-force-fans-to-drop-slash_1129666

Ouch. Here's one more. I sure hope this doesn't start spreading like wild fire.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/127857/Guns-N-Roses-Concert-Bans-Slash-Gear.htm

meh keep digging fuckhead.

Hey, guys. Looks like Blabbermouth picked up this chump's story. I can't believe he has the audacity to lie to the fans the way that he does. I imagine there is some concern on his part. He's probably thinking * if Axl's coverband's ticket sales hurt as a result of this truth being exposed, I might have to go and get myself a real job - and not be able to milk my mom's client for everything that he's worth. Think about it. What else is he qualified to do? "Would you like to supersize that combo for an extra 49 cents, sir?" Let's boycott'm guys. Pretty sad and pathetic indeed.

GUNS N' ROSES Representative Denies SLASH Gear Ban At Winnipeg Concert - Jan. 24, 2010

Fernando Lebeis, the son of Beta Lebeis — GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose's personal assistant — has denied reports that security at GN'R's Winnipeg concert banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the show.

According to TMZ.com, concert security informed fans at the January 13 show that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ.com spoke with a member of the concert security team who "confirmed the marching orders — and told [the web site] the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band."

However, Fernando Lebeis has denied that any such ban ever took place. Writing on a GN'R message board, he said, "We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel.... If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order — from within their management."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133957

Hey all:

Really didn't want to deepen the Slash vs. NuGNR wounds, but looks like it has happened. I honestly thought this was a GET IN THE RING kind of piece, meaning, a piece of "journalism" that is actually a piece of something much more vile that we could all laugh at ... but I have been surprised by so many people giving it credit ... wow ... I really can't say anything to that ... although not always published, I understand Axl is an extremely sensitive person, hence a genuis, as Slash said, that needed "kiddie gloves," but this is really taking it to a whole new level. I still love Chinese Democracy and have and will continue to defend it as a great piece of work, but Axl needs to get his poop together if he hates Slash that much, as that kind of hatred will do nothing but eat him alive ...

As a fan I want to be respected, I like Slash, or Ashba, or Finck, or whoever, all under the banner of GNR, then let me be ... why drag me into personal feuds? Looks like Axl could take a few lessons in gentleman-ness from Conan O"Brien ...

And thank you all for the replies and the insights to this post,

Kropotkin

I think someone is jealous.

Birthday: May 14, 1990 (check his profile)

^ Looks like someone is a bit naive and easily confused.

Do the math, guys. He was just over 1 year old when the Illusions dropped. He was 2 months old for Steven Adler's last performance with the band. Just sayin.

That's the 3rd time you have stated my age, you need a new angle.

So you being in a old folk's home at the present time give's you more say over fans of the band how exactly?

I just think he likes young boys :shrugs:

Edited by plonker88

You don't have to be a certain age to appreciate great music and musical genius. The age stuff gets really annoying and "old" here. My daughter is also 19 years old and she knows more about Guns N' Roses (original) than a lot of my older friends. She appreciates their music and has actively looked for info on them. The difference is whether you are a fan or a fanatic. A fan enjoys the music of the band as a whole and may or may not have a favorite or 2. A fanatic is obsessed with the individuals in the band and is beyond reason when discussing them and the music takes a back seat to the individual. Let's not disrespect our younger fans here just because they were not born as early as we were. (Oh, to be young again... :P)

Edited by DebbieNgeorgia

So you being in a old folk's home at the present time give's you more say over fans of the band how exactly?

Birthday: October 15, 1990

^ Uh-oh. Looks like a struck a nerve with the little man. This cat wasn't even around for Steven's last performance.

Yeah, that would've been fun to see Steven going through the motion's and falling onto his drum kit..

You plan on answering my question or are you going to post more public thing's about my profile?

Yeah, that would've been fun to see Steven going through the motion's and falling onto his drum kit..

You plan on answering my question or are you going to post more public thing's about my profile?

Birthday: October 15, 1990 (check his profile)

No ... No. Please continue educating me on the band. It isn't funny or anything.

You don't have to be a certain age to appreciate great music and musical genius. The age stuff gets really annoying and "old" here. My daughter is also 19 years old and she knows more about Guns N' Roses (original) than a lot of my older friends. She appreciates their music and has actively looked for info on them. The difference is whether you are a fan or a fanatic. A fan enjoys the music of the band as a whole and may or may not have a favorite or 2. A fanatic is obsessed with the individuals in the band and is beyond reason when discussing them and the music takes a back seat to the individual. Let's not disrespect our younger fans here just because they were not born as early as we were. (Oh, to be young again... :P)

Oh please. :rolleyes: *Which banned member are you?*

I seldom ever agree with Lethal Weapon, but he's making a valid point when he says that fans who were following the band when it first came onto the scene have a little more insight into why some fans might want to wear a Slash T-shirt or Original band T-shirt when they go to a GNR show - and it has nothing to do with wanting to taunt or irritate Axl. This is something newer fans, who aren't familiar with the original lineup, don't understand because they never witnessed first-hand the chemistry that Axl and Slash had together when they recorded and performed together - -They brought out the best in each other.

Now, do I think fans should wear Slash shirts or tophats to a GNR show today? No, I don't. I think it's kind of rude, but I do understand why they might want to have that option. However, Axl and GNR have moved on, and fans - new and old alike - need to respect this.

And I wanted to add one other point: All of this publicity - good or bad - can only help ticket sales because it draws attention to the band and the tour and makes people curious about the band's current lineup. :book:

not confirmed by anyone except an unknown source so no it aint true

Oh, for heaven's sake. I can't believe you're still in denial.

I spoke to the security manager, and he confirmed it to me.

I'm guessing TMZ spoke to the same person. If you make the right calls and speak to the person who headed security that night, he will confirm everything in great detail.

I can't believe some of you are still trying to pretend it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Now, the question that remains - Has someone in the GNR camp stopped instructing security to do this at other shows, given the enormous negative feedback this policy got? Who knows. But, that's what we don't know at this point.

**And No - I did not tip off TMZ about this, in case anyone was wondering.

Did it happen to anyone on this forum who went to the show?

yes, several people from this forum saw this happen and posted it.

Please read through the other thread on this topic.

how about u give the name of this all-knowing mystery man so other people can check it too?

it seems tmz just copy pasted ur post about this like they and other similar sites about other topics do many timesand claim they investigated it.

name or it didn't happen, simple really, so...........lets hear his name..

and how about the forum members who said they had no trouble getting in with slash clothing? if it was policy, how did they get in? magic?

and yes it is rude, nay its retarded to just wear a top hat and think its gonna be funny, hoping axl will throw u out and talk how slash is in his ass....its just trying to antagonize him.

Edited by warwarwar

Now, do I think fans should wear Slash shirts or tophats to a GNR show today? No, I don't. I think it's kind of rude, but I do understand why they might want to have that option. However, Axl and GNR have moved on, and fans - new and old alike - need to respect this.

Rude? With **all due respect** Madison, and I mean that sincerely because I have always enjoyed your posts and insights, but, literally half the set of NU-GNR is OLD GNR, so ... ??? Would Axl stop me if I had a Nirvana tee on? A Foo-Fighters shirt? I mean this is rock'n'roll, I can wear what I want ... right! ? Or is this ICE-T, the "freedom of speech ... just watch what you say' ... ???'

Hear I can hear Rage Against The Machine singing: 'F*ck you I won't do what you tell me!'

Isn't that the spirit?? !! Or are we back to age-old personality clashes?

Reading the reviews from the Canadian dates it isn't s sure that "fans have moved on" ... it seemed to me that they tired quickly of NU-GNR material and were waiting for OLD-GNR songs ... was I wrong?

kropotkin