TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

You don't have to be a certain age to appreciate great music and musical genius. The age stuff gets really annoying and "old" here. My daughter is also 19 years old and she knows more about Guns N' Roses (original) than a lot of my older friends. She appreciates their music and has actively looked for info on them. The difference is whether you are a fan or a fanatic. A fan enjoys the music of the band as a whole and may or may not have a favorite or 2. A fanatic is obsessed with the individuals in the band and is beyond reason when discussing them and the music takes a back seat to the individual. Let's not disrespect our younger fans here just because they were not born as early as we were. (Oh, to be young again... :P)

Oh please. :rolleyes: *Which banned member are you?*

I seldom ever agree with Lethal Weapon, but he's making a valid point when he says that fans who were following the band when it first came onto the scene have a little more insight into why some fans might want to wear a Slash T-shirt or Original band T-shirt when they go to a GNR show - and it has nothing to do with wanting to taunt or irritate Axl. This is something newer fans, who aren't familiar with the original lineup, don't understand because they never witnessed first-hand the chemistry that Axl and Slash had together when they recorded and performed together - -They brought out the best in each other.

Now, do I think fans should wear Slash shirts or tophats to a GNR show today? No, I don't. I think it's kind of rude, but I do understand why they might want to have that option. However, Axl and GNR have moved on, and fans - new and old alike - need to respect this.

And I wanted to add one other point: All of this publicity - good or bad - can only help ticket sales because it draws attention to the band and the tour and makes people curious about the band's current lineup. :book:

Hahaha! I feel so special! If you check my profile, I joined, for the first time, in November of 2009. I am NOT a banned member, but I feel honored that you feel that I am. I have also been a fan of this band for 20+ years, but it doesn't take age to see the chemistry between the original members, just as it doesn't take age to see that that they have all moved on. It is time for the fans to move on. But, again, thank you Madison for thinking that my post is experienced enough to come from a former forum member. :rofl-lol::rolleyes: Just because someone has a differing opinion, does that mean that they are a banned member? I wasn't attacking anyone, but maybe you should ask Lethal Weapon the "banned member" question.... :shrugs:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because someone has a differing opinion, does that mean that they are a banned member?

i got that too from slashites. instead of talking about the topic, they play the 'formerly banned' card to try and discredit you in some mysterious way. amusing, but pretty lame at the same time too.

how about u give the name of this all-knowing mystery man so other people can check it too?

it seems tmz just copy pasted ur post about this like they and other similar sites about other topics do many timesand claim they investigated it.

name or it didn't happen, simple really.

, so............

The name is not important. Madison has enough credibility that if she thought it was sketchy or didn't talk to someone that would have been in a position to know what she reported she wouldn't have reported it.

I guess Watergate never happened either because Woodward and Bernstein wouldn't reveal who deep throat was (well they did 30 years later I guess). People use anonymous sources all the time.

how about u give the name of this all-knowing mystery man so other people can check it too?

it seems tmz just copy pasted ur post about this like they and other similar sites about other topics do many timesand claim they investigated it.

name or it didn't happen, simple really, so...........lets hear his name..

and how about the forum members who said they had no trouble getting in with slash clothing? if it was policy, how did they get in? magic?

and yes it is rude, nay its retarded to just wear a top hat and think its gonna be funny, hoping axl will throw u out and talk how slash is in his ass....its just trying to antagonize him.

I see we have another former banned member trying to act like an internet tough guy. *It always amazes me how kids will go to such great lengths to re-register on a forum over and over again after they've been banned. Seriously, get a life.

As flattered as I am that you believe TMZ just copied-and-pasted my report, it doesn't work like that.

This is a syndicated TV program that's broadcast nationally. They do their own homework for legal reasons.

They didn't just call the venue and chat with a kid who's making $6 an hour to answer phones as one "fan" did in the other thread. They took the time, as I did, to track down the person who headed up security that night.

Hahaha! I feel so special! If you check my profile, I joined, for the first time, in November of 2009. I am NOT a banned member, but I feel honored that you feel that I am. I have also been a fan of this band for 20+ years, but it doesn't take age to see the chemistry between the original members, just as it doesn't take age to see that that they have all moved on. It is time for the fans to move on. But, again, thank you Madison for thinking that my post is experienced enough to come from a former forum member. :rofl-lol::rolleyes: Just because someone has a differing opinion, does that mean that they are a banned member? I wasn't attacking anyone, but maybe you should ask Lethal Weapon the "banned member" question.... :shrugs:

Debbie-I've done half of-Georgia, you are obviously here to provoke Madison and shit stir. Even if you aren't a former banned member, you're obviously an ignorant one if you are trying to suggest that some teenager is more knowledgeable of a band and its members that I have personally seen and followed for the better part of the past twenty some years. Just because your trailer has a dial up internet connection that your daughter can access doesn't mean that she has a clue about the onstage chemistry that Axl and Slash shared - a chemistry that I have personally witnessed first hand.

If you're only agenda here is to disrespect Madison and try to create some mutiny against her, please fuck off. We don't need anyone reinforcing some naive kid's fantasy that they are a "true fan" cos they are deluded enough to kiss Axl Rose's ass regardless of how assinine and paranoid he has become over the years.

Edited by Lethal Weapon

i got that too from slashites. instead of talking about the topic, they play the 'formerly banned' card to try and discredit you in some mysterious way. amusing, but pretty lame at the same time too.

That is sad, and althouh I love Slash and all his contributions to GNR, I hope I never become so devoid of thought as to disrespect someone else's opinion ... please shoot me if I do! I love NU-GNR and OLD-GNR but I do miss Slash, I mean, SLASH! The dude is a total legend as are DUFF, IZZY & AXL, not Steven so much as he is just so pathetic these days ... but I respect you all. I think Slash has had his place, a big place, but that it isn't there anymore, sadly, it has to be admitted, it has to be acknowledged ... would GNR be better with hin? Oh yeah ... wait ... I think ... but Chinese Demcracy would never have been the way it is with Slash ... ah (Kropotkin sips from a Jack Daniel's bottle with a straw watching the intro to the video for SCOM ...) ... ;-)

Peace & Love to you all

Edited by kropotkin

So you being in a old folk's home at the present time give's you more say over fans of the band how exactly?

Birthday: October 15, 1990

^ Uh-oh. Looks like a struck a nerve with the little man. This cat wasn't even around for Steven's last performance.

Hey, I'm 99, so why don't you fuck off you fucking cunt.

Debbie-I've done half of-Georgia

Just because your trailer has a dial up internet connection that your daughter can access

RECAP OF THE SIMPLE FORUM RULES TO FOLLOW:

1) Be polite and respect other members and point of views; harassment, vulgar insults and namecalling will not be tolerated

You don't have to be a certain age to appreciate great music and musical genius. The age stuff gets really annoying and "old" here. My daughter is also 19 years old and she knows more about Guns N' Roses (original) than a lot of my older friends. She appreciates their music and has actively looked for info on them. The difference is whether you are a fan or a fanatic. A fan enjoys the music of the band as a whole and may or may not have a favorite or 2. A fanatic is obsessed with the individuals in the band and is beyond reason when discussing them and the music takes a back seat to the individual. Let's not disrespect our younger fans here just because they were not born as early as we were. (Oh, to be young again... :P)

Oh please. :rolleyes: *Which banned member are you?*

I seldom ever agree with Lethal Weapon, but he's making a valid point when he says that fans who were following the band when it first came onto the scene have a little more insight into why some fans might want to wear a Slash T-shirt or Original band T-shirt when they go to a GNR show - and it has nothing to do with wanting to taunt or irritate Axl. This is something newer fans, who aren't familiar with the original lineup, don't understand because they never witnessed first-hand the chemistry that Axl and Slash had together when they recorded and performed together - -They brought out the best in each other.

Now, do I think fans should wear Slash shirts or tophats to a GNR show today? No, I don't. I think it's kind of rude, but I do understand why they might want to have that option. However, Axl and GNR have moved on, and fans - new and old alike - need to respect this.

And I wanted to add one other point: All of this publicity - good or bad - can only help ticket sales because it draws attention to the band and the tour and makes people curious about the band's current lineup. :book:

No one said you can't wear an 'original band' T-shirt.

As a fan I want to be respected, I like Slash, or Ashba, or Finck, or whoever, all under the banner of GNR, then let me be ... why drag me into personal feuds? Looks like Axl could take a few lessons in gentleman-ness from Conan O"Brien ...

And thank you all for the replies and the insights to this post,

Kropotkin

Yes you're right, as a fan I want to be respected too. Respect should be earned both ways, I love Slash and Axl and if I go to Axl's show why should i wear slash design t-shirt and vice-versa?

For sure Axl will be disrespected if you're showing a Slash's thing during his show. Everybody knows that it's been 15 years Slash left GNR and OLD die-hard fans of GNR know that Slash is a cancer to Axl.

Slash is happy with his Friends.

Axl is happy with the newGNR.

New generation fans are happy with newGNR.

Some old die-hard fans are also happy with newGNR.

So now don't be a looser to think about it. :confused:

Enjoy Rock N' Roll and follow the rules that for sure will not harm anybody, if you want to. rock1

Take it or leave it. rock3

and how about the forum members who said they had no trouble getting in with slash clothing? if it was policy, how did they get in? magic?

and yes it is rude, nay its retarded to just wear a top hat and think its gonna be funny, hoping axl will throw u out and talk how slash is in his ass....its just trying to antagonize him.

I see we have another former banned member trying to act like an internet tough guy. *It always amazes me how kids will go to such great lengths to re-register on a forum over and over again after they've been banned. Seriously, get a life.

As flattered as I am that you believe TMZ just copied-and-pasted my report, it doesn't work like that.

This is a syndicated TV program that's broadcast nationally. They do their own homework for legal reasons.

They didn't just call the venue and chat with a kid who's making $6 an hour to answer phones as one "fan" did in the other thread. They took the time, as I did, to track down the person who headed up security that night.

You're just as disrespectful of the younger users as BBA and rancid_punks are. That "it amazes me how kids will go to such lengths to re-register" BS is uncalled for, especially since the user who you continually let back, BBA, is the one "bashing" the kids. Don't let your bias be so damned obvious, please.

Just because someone has a differing opinion, does that mean that they are a banned member?

When the shoe fits ...

Bye bye.

When the shoe fits ...

Bye bye.

What about Lethal Weapon?

You're just as disrespectful of the younger users as BBA and rancid_punks are. That "it amazes me how kids will go to such lengths to re-register" BS is uncalled for, especially since the user who you continually let back, BBA, is the one "bashing" the kids. Don't let your bias be so damned obvious, please.

January 16, 1994 (check his profile)

^ Aww..... did the big meanie Madison strike a nerve with a little boy too. Yep. Think she did

Anyone seeing a trend here? Just for the record, this guy wasn't even born when Axl n Slash were last onstage. Think about that.

Edited by Lethal Weapon

Yes you're right, as a fan I want to be respected too. Respect should be earned both ways, I love Slash and Axl and if I go to Axl's show why should i wear slash design t-shirt and vice-versa?

For sure Axl will be disrespected if you're showing a Slash's thing during his show. Everybody knows that it's been 15 years Slash left GNR and OLD die-hard fans of GNR know that Slash is a cancer to Axl.

Slash is happy with his Friends.

Axl is happy with the newGNR.

New generation fans are happy with newGNR.

Some old die-hard fans are also happy with newGNR.

So now don't be a looser to think about it. :confused:

Enjoy Rock N' Roll and follow the rules that for sure will not harm anybody, if you want to. rock1

Cool dude, got the point ;-) Thanks for the comments, ;)

And for the record, I love CD ... but if it's "Axl's show' why is it called GNR? :xmasssanta: Just sayin', but I agree, you gotta respect the way things are, and to be honest, to hear Axl sing is worth changin' a shirt for rock1 rock2

Kropotkin

Edited by kropotkin

January 16, 1994 (check his profile)

^ Aww..... did the big meanie Madison strike a nerver with a little boy too. Yep. Think she did

Anyone seeing a trend here? Just for the record, this guy wasn't even born when Axl n Slash were last onstage. Think about that.

lol.

For the record, I don't care that you guys don't take the younger ones "seriously", it was more that madison was talking about kids re-registering when your old ass has been coming back time after time.

Tell me, was seeing GNR live the peak of your life? lolololol

That's not true, my friend.

Surely you can see that people who have followed the band from day one might have a little more insight into why someone might want to wear a Slash shirt to a show than someone who wasn't - and understand that they aren't doing that just to taunt or annoy Axl. That's the only point I was making about age. There are many young fans who are huge fans of GNR, and this isn't to discredit them in any way. Axl needs new fans to succeed in this new era.

That's not true, my friend.

Surely you can see that people who have followed the band from day one might have a little more insight into why someone might want to wear a Slash shirt to a show than someone who wasn't - and understand that they aren't doing that just to taunt or annoy Axl. That's the only point I was making about age. There are many young fans who are huge fans of GNR, and this isn't to discredit them in any way. Axl needs new fans to succeed in this new era.

That's fair, but it doesn't really talk about what I said. I do agree that older members have a bit more insight. They experienced it all. And I don't agree with this stupid shirt policy, but I'm not losing sleep over it and all, I'll just wear a different shirt (I don't own any Slash shirts and/or top hats so I'm actually not wearing a different shirt). I've got 3 GNR shirts, one with CD-type print, one with the Illusions cover on it, and one with the old band's logo. I doubt any of those would propose a problem.

As a fan I want to be respected, I like Slash, or Ashba, or Finck, or whoever, all under the banner of GNR, then let me be ... why drag me into personal feuds? Looks like Axl could take a few lessons in gentleman-ness from Conan O"Brien ...

And thank you all for the replies and the insights to this post,

Kropotkin

the reason for wearing a slash-shirt at a nugnr-concerts is to respect gnr from the very first day and shows

that even a die-hard-fan (who else would wear such a shirt) respects the new line-up and wants to see the band live.

no one wants to antagonize axl.

(except a few idiots, you'll find everywhere - but that's normal life for everyone).

the point is, that you can't enjoy rock n' roll, if someone tries to tell you what you have to wear.

this would not be rock n' roll - this would be a fake !!!

by the way, i would never wear a slash-shirt anywhere, but it doesn't make sense to give such an order.