TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not confirmed by anyone except an unknown source so no it aint true

Oh, for heaven's sake. I can't believe you're still in denial.

I spoke to the security manager, and he confirmed it to me.

I'm guessing TMZ spoke to the same person. If you make the right calls and speak to the person who headed security that night, he will confirm everything in great detail.

I can't believe some of you are still trying to pretend it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Now, the question that remains - Has someone in the GNR camp stopped instructing security to do this at other shows, given the enormous negative feedback this policy got? Who knows. But, that's what we don't know at this point.

**And No - I did not tip off TMZ about this, in case anyone was wondering.

Did it happen to anyone on this forum who went to the show?

yes, several people from this forum saw this happen and posted it.

Please read through the other thread on this topic.

hehehe ... what a shame ...

Like i mentioned in the original thread...this is true guys.

At the 06 show in Toronto I was told at the door when they opened ( i was 5th in line) no slash shirts,hats or signs. the secuirty guard even said "no this is not a joke"

so this isnt new but it is indeed accuarate.

Well, I went to SIX shows in 2006 - my mate wore a VR shirt in Dublin and slash shirts were worn at various other shows and no-one I spoke to had this happen.

I'm referring to 2006 and I don't doubt Madison's word, at all.

oh no, someone just told slash about the tmz article on his twitter.

i hope he's not too upset.

Its tough love DF - He needs to be aware! :(

not confirmed by anyone except an unknown source so no it aint true

Oh, for heaven's sake. I can't believe you're still in denial.

I spoke to the security manager, and he confirmed it to me.

I'm guessing TMZ spoke to the same person. If you make the right calls and speak to the person who headed security that night, he will confirm everything in great detail.

I can't believe some of you are still trying to pretend it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Now, the question that remains - Has someone in the GNR camp stopped instructing security to do this at other shows, given the enormous negative feedback this policy got? Who knows. But, that's what we don't know at this point.

Did it happen to anyone on this forum who went to the show?

yes, several people from this forum saw this happen and posted it.

Please read through the other thread on this topic.

Who cares??? Better enjoy the ride Maddy.

It's getting pretty ridiculous really if this all pans out to be true, I mean this is beyond hatred, it is something completely phychotic ... I don't want to get into the whote Slash thing, buf for me Slash was a rock idol, and like it or not, he was part of the original GNR lineup that helped get the band and the name to where it is now ...

... and again, is it legal?

Edited by kropotkin

Guest RonMexico82

This doesn't make any sense. If it was a policy implemented by the band then it would happen at every show and clearly that is not the case. I wore what would be considered a Slash t-shirt to the show in Dublin in 06 as did a large proportion of the crowd and I didn't see anyone being turned away. In fact there was a guy in front of me in the crowd dressed as Slash - Top Hat included and he got in no problem.

Seems to me to be a venue decision and pushed by people looking to stir up some trouble.

It's getting pretty ridiculous really if this all pans out to be true, I mean this is beyond hatred, it is something completely phychotic ... I don't want to get into the whote Slash thing, buf for me Slash was a rock idol, and like it or not, he was part of the original GNR lineup that helped get the band and the name to where it is now ...

... and again, is it legal?

His part in Guns history doesn't really come into play if Axl personally doesn't like him, this is of course assuming the order came from Axl.

And it is legal, the owners of the building can put in place any policy they want if it will lead to a sucessful show, that is of course if it's not against they human rights, and a t-shirt doesn't come into that really. Especailly if they give them the option of turning it inside out, once they are given that option and the person with the t-shirt declines then the securtiy doesn't have to let them in.

Slash Gear Banned from Guns N' Roses Concert

Posted Jan 24th 2010 12:16AM by TMZ Staff

Guns N' Roses fans were forced to take sides in the legendary war between Axl Rose and Slash -- after security at a recent GNR show banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the show.

0118_gunsroses_slash-inset_504_ex.jpg

It all went down at the GNR show in Canada last Wednesday -- concert security informed fans that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ spoke with a member of the concert security team who confirmed the marching orders -- and told us the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band.

We're told a few fans took the high road and went home ... but most just sucked it up and did what they were told.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0dVN2JmeG'>http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0dVN2JmeG

VIEWED FROM: http://www.tmz.com/

-----------

Got this from TMZ.com ... is this true?

Wow. Awesome.

Look at what some "fan" making up pure bullshit has led to. Fucking moron.

Maybe the policy is new, seen how acrimonious the relationship has become, with even the whole Haiti twitter thing, etc. 06' was maybe a different time in Axl's headspace, whereas now, things have degraded.

I'm still not sure if you can be legally declined entry into a show for a t-shirt that has no offensive things on it like swearing, graphic violence, etc, even if you wear it inside out ...

The only way I can see this as a problem is if the venue is trying to avoid confrontations between fans. And often the fans are a bit innebriated and not making the smartest decisions.

Yeah, Axl has said a couple of things about Slash - a couple of things in 15 years. I don't see him obsessed with this subject as much as fans are.

I still dont believe that Axl gave orders for it.

Can anyone else see some top GNR managment guy, in the attemp to avoid any "incidents" say to security "no slash shirts/hats those people who wear it just want to start something or mock Axl (see St.Louis Incident)

Anyone? Still think its true, well Edmonton officials lauged at being asked if slash shirts/hats were banned and we have had no word since of anything like this on the tour.

and if its true, so be it. Every person on here, should know from experience that if your going to wear slash hats or shirts to a new GNR concert you just want to pick on, mock, anger, or whatever the fuck u want to do for attention to Axl.

Then theres the people who say "well its Slash's music" No its not. Its Guns N Roses music.

To dumb it down even more if you knew someone was going to do something to piss you off, and you can stop it before it happens, well I think i made my point.

In case anyone else is wondering, I didn't go to the TMZ webpage and submit this at the bottom of the page where it says 'Submit a hot tip'.

http://www.tmz.com/.

If this news were to become more public it wouldn't be good for the "band".

Edited by Lethal Weapon

Ha, love this story.

Simple story is, if you're showing up to to a GNR show to cause shit and ruin everyone else's fun stay home, wearing Slash gear is just lame, it's a touchy history, respect that.

Do you think if the tables were turned, that this would have happened? That had a fan showed up to a VR show, dressed in biker shorts,kilt,black combat boots,flannel shirt and bandanna, that Slash would have sent orders to have them banned from entry?

I think....not. Even if he hates Axl with a passion, he's not going to do that.

Who in their right minds would go and see these clowns anyway? Axl Rose is still the best rock singer and lyricist to come along in my generation(im 38 years old) but to see him with this set of clowns(ashba, fortus, bumblefoot,fereer, stinston is comical!) The reason guns was called the most dangerous band in the world was because of AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF AND STEVEN, Not these ass clowns , rent for hire , or I wanna be famous because of axl musicans that are on this tour. If you are dumb enough to go see this lineup you need your head checked anyways!

Who in their right minds would go and see these clowns anyway? Axl Rose is still the best rock singer and lyricist to come along in my generation(im 38 years old) but to see him with this set of clowns(ashba, fortus, bumblefoot,fereer, stinston is comical!) The reason guns was called the most dangerous band in the world was because of AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF AND STEVEN, Not these ass clowns , rent for hire , or I wanna be famous because of axl musicans that are on this tour. If you are dumb enough to go see this lineup you need your head checked anyways!

Well, if you view this as Axl's solo career (I do), then it's no different then seeing a VR show, or one of Izzy's shows. I'd go see Izzy in a heartbeat as well as the others. If I buy a ticket to Axl's band, I'm going to see Axl put on a show with his new band.

But in no way am I under the delusion that I'm watching Guns N Roses. That dream was over....along time ago.

Edited by Nintari

This is kind of hilarious that it is now going main stream.

Once TMZ picks up on a story, it is likely to spread to other similar places. I would fully expect to see Perez Hilton picking up on this soon, as well as many other gossip sites that piggy back off of TMZ.