dj ashba is amazing in concert

axltheman2003

Well, someone has to say it... Comparing new GN`R to old GN´R in terms off quality of their musician, there are no doubt to me that these 2001-2010 formation is much better tecnically speaking. The old band could not play Schaklers ou Scraped live, and probably wouldnt even try to do it. It is only one exemple. Slash could not play almost any solos of CD album. On the other side, the creative hability/talent of the old band, their rock n´roll way of life were magic. They were GN`R and almost all of us still here because their songs touched us a long time ago.

In the 2001-2007 GN´R, the new band didnt have chemestry at stage. Tommy was and still great, but... Bucket was bizzare..sincerly, although a great player. Bumble is by far the better player, but he didn´t have the attitude on stage on 06-07 tour. Maybe because he had to learn everything very fast and was absorved in it. Fortus was ok, kinda Izzy´s way..fitted in the band. Fink...well. Let´s say he tried it, but he couldn´t do it in a way that fitted in the band on stage ! His composition in the new GN´R is great.. Better and Riad are exemples, but live.. not good at all. . When Fink was gone, I became sad, not only because I was getting used to his way, but I was afraid about GN´R future.

So Ashba came...and.. the chemestry is back ! He is very similar on stage to Slash - in fact he was a GN´R fan like us, and chose to be a guitar player..so Slash probably was one of his idols when he dicided to be a musician. And we have to say that AXL is back also - the bandana, the rasp voice.. ! Bublefoot is playing with more emotion. The band sounds great. And we can´t forget that Ferrer, even not being so technical as Brain, sounds better with GN´R. Listen to YCBM !!!

I can say that Ashba is part of a real new GN´R as a band ! Hope these band last many many years and that they compose togheter soon.

Edited by rhb

when i saw robin back in '06 , for his "solo" he hit one fucking note on the guitar again and again. i'm not exaggerating. it was horrible , annoying and that night i had a cold , was high on cold meds , it actually pissed me off. that being said , he wrote "better".

that being said , i prefer ashba's playing , his image and his stage presence. i can't wait to see if he can create something as awesome as "better".

and not to let anyone down , but ron and richard are class acts also

Yes, despite the fact that the band is called the same, they are playing different styles of music.

I mean Chinese Democracy is an almost progressive album so I think it's weird to say that Dj is the best of the three because he is the one who sounds the most like Slash...

NuGnR hasn't exactly been about trying to emulate the AFD sound for the last ten years. Even Axl himself said that he has no clue how to recreate that formula.

Yeah, he's done very well on the songs I've heard. Very big improvement from Robin, who fucked up SCOM every time he tried it.

Really, dude? Robin shined on SCOM and killed the solos every single time. Fuck you, your opinion sucks.

It isn't an opinion, it's a fact...

I love the main Robin´s solo in SCOM ... it was wonderful ... he played really well ...

Opinions are like asses.. everyone has their owns ...

I think he tops all gnr guitar player past and present maybe a close tie shredding with buckethead. What's ur opinions

In terms of the new guys, Ashba is the only one, I think that has ever written a hit album (SIXX AM)

Ashba is cool but let's not go crazy.

us014-07WODEevoDdt.jpg

I think he also co wrote a lot of Motley's latest album, SOLA. He also played on Beautiful Creatures debut album, released in 01 I think. Pretty good, straight up, LA style rock. I suggest people check that album out if they never heard it, pretty good stuff. So, so far so good imo, but let's see what he brings to new gnr recordings (if we ever get anymore new recordings). To say the truth though, I think BBF was killer at the TO show, even though he wasn't as "energetic" as fortus and ashba. Pink Panther was really cool (ballad of death also). I like the new guys but am still partial to Slash/Izzy, since it's their swagger/solos that are on the albums (save chi dem obviously)

These players that you worship might make great music but show me something they have written as memorable as SCOM,WTTJ,NR etc.

What does memorable really mean? I mean, I don't think Duff's bass playing is memorable to a whole lotta people outside this board. If by memorable you mean popular (which is exactly what you mean so don't try and BS around it), then I laugh at you for arguing that better = popular. Now come on man, can the mullet and live in the present. It isn't the 80's/early 90's anymore. Everyone's moved on with life but you, and that includes Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven (well, not Steven, he's back in the 80's with you).

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this thread and all the nice comments. I am looking forward to the future with Guns N' Roses.

God Only Knows The Damage Were About To Do ~ASHBA~

www.djashba.com

www.gunsnroses.com

And we're looking forward to the future with you in Guns N' Roses! This is a great time for all gunners :D

• 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this thread and all the nice comments. I am looking forward to the future with Guns N' Roses.

God Only Knows The Damage Were About To Do ~ASHBA~

www.djashba.com

www.gunsnroses.com

Wow. I love your positivity. Can I dare to say that I can see in part why Axl seems so happy with this lineup? Dj!!! rock3

I think he tops all gnr guitar player past and present maybe a close tie shredding with buckethead. What's ur opinions

In terms of the new guys, Ashba is the only one, I think that has ever written a hit album (SIXX AM)

Ashba is cool but let's not go crazy.

us014-07WODEevoDdt.jpg

DJ also wrote Motley Crue's Saints of Los Angeles. Didn't play on it though.

Ok I've seen gnr in 06' in balitmore and that was an great show loved finck that night. Was sad to see him go but after seeing gnr in toronto on thursday I knew this was it. This is gnr they play so well togeather seem to have a lot of fun and ashba blew me away. I think he tops all gnr guitar player past and present maybe a close tie shredding with buckethead. What's ur opinions

he plays good but he sounds too generic if you close your eyes you couldn't tell who is playing

he doesn't top slash, buckethead and 4tus, these are the best guitar players the band ever had

4tus is better than ashba he is just underemployed and underexposed

ashba would probably click with buckethead better than finck though and i like finck

Edited by springclean

I have yet to see them, but I don't doubt he is amazing at ALL. From what I've heard and seen, I'm very impressed already. I had a good gut feeling about him from the get go, and I think he's just what GNR needed. :thumbsup: He seems to fit in perfectly, not to mention his talent and stage presence.

I can't wait to see them!!!! rock3

DJ Asba is completly amazing, by far he is better than slash or any 'modern-era' Guitarists, (that's not refering to previous guitarists like Jimmy page, or Jimi Hendrix etc), But Ashba has a unique identity he seems to be himself, then rather trying to fill somebody elses shoes.

I've been a fan of Ashba since about 2007 when he released The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack with Sixx:A.M. what an amazing album!

His playing live in concert is amazing, and people like Ashba are the people who are keeping alive the rock bands that we all have grown to love.

Bones-

Ok I've seen gnr in 06' in balitmore and that was an great show loved finck that night. Was sad to see him go but after seeing gnr in toronto on thursday I knew this was it. This is gnr they play so well togeather seem to have a lot of fun and ashba blew me away. I think he tops all gnr guitar player past and present maybe a close tie shredding with buckethead. What's ur opinions

yup. agree with everything. you gotta give ron a nod for being proficent enough to replace the big B but overall DJ is the best thing to happen to gnr in a long time.

Edited by Jackie Moon