dj ashba is amazing in concert

axltheman2003

Ok I've seen gnr in 06' in balitmore and that was an great show loved finck that night. Was sad to see him go but after seeing gnr in toronto on thursday I knew this was it. This is gnr they play so well togeather seem to have a lot of fun and ashba blew me away. I think he tops all gnr guitar player past and present maybe a close tie shredding with buckethead. What's ur opinions

Ok I've seen gnr in 06' in balitmore and that was an great show loved finck that night. Was sad to see him go but after seeing gnr in toronto on thursday I knew this was it. This is gnr they play so well togeather seem to have a lot of fun and ashba blew me away. I think he tops all gnr guitar player past and present maybe a close tie shredding with buckethead. What's ur opinions

DJ is doing a great job with Guns. He brought the "chemistry" that was missing for the band. He is awesome and super f%&@**% talented! rock1

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, he's done very well on the songs I've heard. Very big improvement from Robin, who fucked up SCOM every time he tried it.

I'm a big Bucket fan, but after after my first GNR concert I can honestly say I hope this lineup never changes. DJ, Ron and Fortus all killed it. The chemistry really hits you like a ton of bricks when you are watching it live. They are all doin their thing and you can tell they are having a blast. Just looked like a big family up there and I was lovin it.

Never thought i would say this but he won me over. in my family we are all GNR die hards. My uncle had me jammin to GNR since i was born in '86. he's only 10 years older and like an older bro really. Whatever long story short it was my lil bro, my cousin, my uncle and I and we went through the gates at 7:20 and jammed right to the front of the floors where Ashba spent most of his time rocking out. We had so much interaction with him that by the time we hit the encore he already attempted throwing 5 picks at us. I finally caught one which was FUCKN AWESOME. then in the outro solo to paradise he leaped off stage and jumped on the front fences leaning back on us and was just whaling away while we held him up. It was fucking unbelievable. This guy knows how to get the crowd going, he fits the sound of GNR, he has the persona of GNR and for once, I can say i didnt feel the loss of Slash considering i have been to both '02 and '06 shows. No comparison, none what so ever. This guy fits in like OJ's fuckn glove. Rock n Fuckin Roll!!!!!! rock3 rock3 rock3 rock3

He's awesome! The chemistry between him, Fortus, and Ron is amazing. Sometimes the sound from three guitarists can get really muddy but they have this impressive tightness and pull it off flawlessly. A few buddies I was with at the Hamilton show were really impressed by his playing and stage presence. He's great with the crowd too! I'm really satisfied with this line-up and hope it stays this way.

Yeah, he's done very well on the songs I've heard. Very big improvement from Robin, who fucked up SCOM every time he tried it.

Really, dude? Robin shined on SCOM and killed the solos every single time. Fuck you, your opinion sucks.

only complaint is that weak little top hat, casual fans will think he is trying to imitate/rip off Slash..even though he's been wearing it for a while..

My wife asked me that exact thing at the show. I told her that no, he's not trying to look like slash. Funny you mention it though.

Really, dude? Robin shined on SCOM and killed the solos every single time. Fuck you, your opinion sucks.

Robin is shit. I didn't like him even when he WAS in the band. He is sloppy as fuck and butchered the old songs. YOUR opinion sucks.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It isn't an opinion, it's a fact...

In terms of the new guys, Ashba is the only one, I think that has ever written a hit album (SIXX AM)

Yadda yadda yadda...here we go again.

Marcus Miller never sold 100 million albums but he's still one of the best bass players in the world.

Are you still going to argue that Duff is a better bass player ?

It seems like in this point in time, Ashba is the perfect choice for Gn'R: he's a great player that has the right image for this band

and the chemistry with the rest of the band is obviously there.

That said, I prefer Robin and Bucket but like I said... great player. this line up is cool.

Duff is a better bass player for GUNS N ROSES than whoever the fuck Marcus Miller is.

Thanks for trying to be a GNR educator though.

I was complimenting Dj but he is nowhere near as important to GNR as Slash and Izzy.

"Whoever the fuck Marcus Miller is"...

haha

I wonder why I'm even trying to talk music with some of you guys...

"Duff is a better bass player for GnR" : no shit....

It's just that it's pretty convenient to switch from "better player" to "better player for GnR" whenever it suits your point.

Oh and your "GnR educator" shtick is kinda old too.

I'm not educating anybody ( because, let's face it, I couldn't care less about the GnR legacy ), I'm just hoping for some form of common sense : I don't know if you have listened to the Sixx A.M album, but it's really not THAT good.

Just tell me how the fact that it sold well means anything about Dj's musical skills really ??

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I think he tops all gnr guitar player past and present maybe a close tie shredding with buckethead. What's ur opinions

In terms of the new guys, Ashba is the only one, I think that has ever written a hit album (SIXX AM)

Ashba is cool but let's not go crazy.

us014-07WODEevoDdt.jpg

What I know is that I can't go back 15 years to that GnR lineup, and that lineup wasn't a 'gang' anymore anyway.

And I know that I want to have a good time, right now. I want to go to a GnR concert and laugh and scream and jump up and down and this lineup makes that happen. And DJ is right up front pulling the crowd in with playing that stands up to the hype. He was a big reason why I was so excited to be there Thursday night.

Whether Slash in the lineup is better is a non issue for me, because I can't have that now.

And what's so wrong with going crazy?