• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PICS: My link

previews:

DSC00884.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

Wow, did you take those pics RJ88? Nice!

The first Axl one and the third Fortus one are particularly awesome. smile.gif

i did take all the pics, just with a standard digital Sony Cyber-Shot camera

it's pretty tough to take pics when you're up close on the floor, but a lot of them turned out!

i have some videos, which arent the best, but i'll post them later

Edited by RJ88

Wow, great pics indeed!

Anyway, better late than never so I thought I would come on the forum and finally post my review of the show. You guys don't know me that much (I'm just a lurker with very few posts, he he) so I just wanted to say that I've been a fan of GNR since 1991, but the Ottawa show was my first GNR concert ever. So the French-Canadian girl that I am was pretty excited as you can imagine.

I made sure to dress up like a hot rocker chick, meaning skinny jeans, tall high heels black boots, nice tight little black top, he he. I was ready. I was not really into "Danko Jones"... I couldn't wait for them to leave the stage. They did a good job but this is just not my type of music I guess. Then Sebastian Bach came on stage, and he really rocked the place. I knew most of the songs, since I have his solo album and I used to really like Skid Row. He's got good energy and I can see why Axl likes to have him as an opener, besides the fact that they are good friends.

Then the wait for GNR began. At one point, everybody freaked out so I thought that the band was coming on stage, but it was because a chick with green hair was flashing her boobs. My brother was really happy but obviously I couldn't care less... lol

Finally the show began and it was amazing. I had a good seat, but I envied the people who were in the general admission section. The only reason why I didn't buy some GA tickets was because I was afraid of getting hurt in the crowd. But I saw that many girls were there and they seemed fine, so next time I think I'm gonna try this. I mean, even though I had a seat, I stayed up all night anyway. I just don't understand how you can attend a GNR concert and stay on your ass the whole night. Doesn't make sense to me. There is so much energy that you just feel like getting up!!!

This was by far the best show I have ever seen. I was so happy to be there and finally get the chance to see Axl performing. He is amazing. I didn't think that he ran backstage often. Just a few times, mostly for costume change. He still has some pretty good moves on stage, great energy and his voice is phenomenal. He seems so relaxed, smiling a lot, like many people mentioned already. It's obvious that he's having a really good time on this tour. He just seems happy and it's great to see. And yes, for the other female users of this board, he still looks freaking good. Most YouTube videos and pictures I've seen on the net don't do him justice. :wub:

A few personal highlights from the show:

I thought that Scraped and Shackler's Revenge sounded pretty good live. Not at all like the videos I've seen on the net.

Welcome to the Jungle was great!

Hearing Axl singing a bit of "Another Brick in the Wall" from Pink Floyd, before his piano solo. That was so cool.

November Rain, Patience and This I Love were amazing. I think TIL is by far the best song for Axl to show his vocal range and my God did he sing it well in Ottawa. It seems like everytime he sings this one live, it just keeps getting better and better.

DJ Ashba is soooooooooo freaking cool! I'm so glad that he's in the band now.

Some people left before the encore. I stayed until the very end, of course. At the end of Paradise City, most people went straight home but I knew that the band would be coming back on stage to say goodnight, so I went closer to the stage, which was cool. Axl thanked us for coming, saying that he will see us again, and he added: "Now be safe and get the f*ck out of here!" lol

I missed TWAT, but hey, I'm not complaining. I didn't think that they would play Patience and they did, which was great.

I was surprised to see that they didn't play Estranged??? (Just kidding LOL)

I knew that the show would end late, so I asked for a day off at work. It was nice to sleep in the next day lol I know some of you didn't have that chance. I'm sure they will end up touring pretty much everywhere, including the US and Europe so when they do, don't miss your chance! :thumbsup:

the Ottawa show was my first GNR concert ever. So the French-Canadian girl that I am was pretty excited as you can imagine.

I made sure to dress up like a hot rocker chick, meaning skinny jeans, tall high heels black boots, nice tight little black top, he he.

Nothing better than an excited French Canadian girl! Hey Now! B)

Great review Stephanie78. I wish I went. I saw them in Toronto and was really tempted go to the Ottawa show as well, but wife stopped me. Dam woman!

Anyways I found this site that gives stats on what songs they have played so far on this tour. I though it was interesting so I thought I would share it with you all. Im hoping its accurate.

Song Stats

Edited by bp240

Anyways I found this site that gives stats on what songs they have played so far on this tour. I though it was interesting so I thought I would share it with you all. I’m hoping it’s accurate.

Song Stats

that's hilarious, they track where they played each song. glad to see that by going to three shows, I only missed My Michelle and IRS from their original material. thx

My third show on this tour (Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa) and I think this was the best one.

One funny moment I noticed was during YCBM, Axl threw his mike stand towards the back of the stage like a javelin, and it actually went under the stage part where they keep the piano, through the GnR Logo curtain. Then, the next time they bought the piano out for November Rain, the technicians had to spend some extra time fixing something under the piano. Maybe a wire or something that was displaced by his throw. Axl is in full force again!

Haha I saw that too, he launched it and I laughed.

Someody here mentioned they were goin nuts for fortus and he was like standig over you for

the solo cause you were into it. That was awesome I thought he looked cool and the solo was bitchin. Must have been fun up front, hope to experience that tonight.

Videos

18 and Life:

Jungle:

Brownstone:

Better:

Live & Let Die:

Rocket Queen:

Ballad of Death:

SCOM:

Brick:

NR:

KOHD:

Nightrain:

Liquor & Whores:

Patience:

SR:

PC:

it was pretty hard to film during GN'R on the floor.,.the only full song i was able to get was L&W

Videos

18 and Life:

Jungle:

Brownstone:

Better:

Live & Let Die:

Rocket Queen:

Ballad of Death:

SCOM:

Brick:

NR:

KOHD:

Nightrain:

Liquor & Whores:

Patience:

SR:

PC:

it was pretty hard to film during GN'R on the floor.,.the only full song i was able to get was L&W

nicely done, great sound. I haven't seen any other Brick clips...you might be the only one who has this!!!! Thx for sharing.

i have a comment/question regarding floor tickets

why do people show up so early to the venue to get a good place on the floor? me and my friends got the the floor halfway through Danko Jones' set and by the time GN'R was on stage we were about 5-6 rows back, and finished 3 rows back. is it always this easy to get that close? if so, i dont understand why people would show up to the venues hours before the doors open.