Official Ottawa Thread 1/31/09

Blaine_sixx

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back of the show. It was a great show.

The crowd was OK. Well we are in Ottawa aren't we? ;) There was even a guy behind me who wanted to try me because

he didn't want us to stay up and wanted us to stay seated. What a jerk!

Axl voice was great. The whole band sounded really good. I never saw so many bra thrown on stage during one show.

Bumblefoot played with one for a few minutes, he seems to be into white bra girls!

During the show, Richard and DJ pointed at us and said hi. The feeling of them remembering us what just great.

Got to hang out with DJ after the show. He went to see us and talked a bit about Montreal show. He gave us guitar pic, really cool of him.

He told us that he got hit in the face by pyros at the beginning of the show and that has to take care. But don't you guys worry, he's ok!!!

Actually the pyro fucked his guitar and he had to change it.

Ron was cool too, we told him that Revolver was home safe and he started laughing and said " This crazy motherfuck from Ireland"!!!

Well, time go get a few hours of sleep before going to Québec city for another kick ass show tomorrow!

instrumentals of unplayed GNR song's would be better then solos

No vocals though I don't want to hear any of them singing

I for one really enjoyed the solos. My wife liked them as well. If they were just sitting there playing all technical and stuff, yeah it would be boring, but these were like mini instrumentals almost. Dug all 3 of them (fortus/bbf/ashba). Only missed Dizzy's cause went for a smoke (TO show). Really cool. jmo

Cheers

TV

For vids I only got about a minute of jungle and the 2nd verse of better. Sorry guys but my phone was dying, I'm nit local and was not sure the bus situation after the show, didn't want to get stuck in kanata without my phone. Will record more in moncton / Halifax

Fuck it was awesome. It sucks cause the videos don't do it justice. If you dig the youtubes and are yet to go to a show, bring a diaper cause your goig to shit your balls. Or ovaries.

For vids I only got about a minute of jungle and the 2nd verse of better. Sorry guys but my phone was dying, I'm nit local and was not sure the bus situation after the show, didn't want to get stuck in kanata without my phone. Will record more in moncton / Halifax

Fuck it was awesome. It sucks cause the videos don't do it justice. If you dig the youtubes and are yet to go to a show, bring a diaper cause your goig to shit your balls. Or ovaries.

Have you got a favourite song of the show?

Was it fun hearing Scraped?

Have you got a favourite song of the show?

Was it fun hearing Scraped?

Ok from vids I thought scraped was weak. It was AWESOME.

I think sorry , itw, scraped were the best CD songs. They were all good I their own way. I think the riff of shackers needs some work butthe pre chorus- chorus more than made up for it. Axl was fucking wailing.

Highlight of the showwas probably the intro to jungle , forget the exact quote but it was like

"you know where you are? You in the jungle baby, it's gonna bring you motherfuckers

down!!!!"

*insert head exploding*

So I was reading the Ottawa Citizen review. It's your standard show started late jokes and this isn't the real GNR bullshit. At the end of the review there are blog postings that he wrote while at the show . I was reading some and I thought I would share a quote from one of his blog posts. It just goes to show what a joke all these apparent "critics" are:

"Richard Fortus, meanwile, has yet anther new shirt, and he's taken off the Slash-like crumpled hat he was wearing."

Clearly this is DJ he is talking about. The freaking guy doesn’t even know who the members of the band are and he is writing a review. What an asshat!

Here is the review if anyone wants to read the trash.

Ottawa Review

Edited by bp240

Am I the only one who could do without that bubbles dude?

I absolutely agree with you.

I've never understood the obsession Axl seems to have with this odd little fellow and why he drags him out for shows. *shrugs*

If it's a "Canada" thing - then why not invite a Canadian rock band onstage - maybe an up-and-coming band that could benefit from the exposure? Just a thought.

Got to hang out with DJ after the show. He went to see us and talked a bit about Montreal show. He gave us guitar pic, really cool of him.

He told us that he got hit in the face by pyros at the beginning of the show and that has to take care. But don't you guys worry, he's ok!!!

Actually the pyro fucked his guitar and he had to change it.

From DjAshba Facebook :

The impact of the concussion bombs, blew up 3 of my guitar heads tonight. It was one of those nights where whatever could go wrong did. I got to stage, the intro music starts to play and my guitar tech is nowhere to be found, he finally throws me a guitar seconds before I had to kick in with the intro. Got shot in the face with pyro. (yes I'm fine) That being said the crowd was great and I had a blast regardless.

So I was reading the Ottawa Citizen review. It's your standard show started late jokes and this isn't the real GNR bullshit. At the end of the review there are blog postings that he wrote while at the show . I was reading some and I thought I would share a quote from one of his blog posts. It just goes to show what a joke all these apparent "critics" are:

"Richard Fortus, meanwile, has yet anther new shirt, and he's taken off the Slash-like crumpled hat he was wearing."

Clearly this is DJ he is talking about. The freaking guy doesn’t even know who the members of the band are and he is writing a review. What an asshat!

Ottawa Review

Oh my god... Please... It's so annoying when the person writing a review (which often isn't even a review about the show, but about everything else) can't get the names right. Right name is rule #1. I read a review where they were listing up all the band members. Or were they? If so, they doesn't count Chris Pitman in the band ;).......................

Edited by Scaramouche

Ottawa Review

Oh my god... Please... It's so annoying when the person writing a review (which often isn't even a review about the show, but about everything else) can't get the names right. Right name is rule #1. I read a review where they were listing up all the band members. Or were they? If so, they doesn't count Chris Pitman in the band ;).......................

Yes, it´s really annoying they don´t take the time to see who is in the band ...

Exactly! I didn't mind the wait . I like seeing the behind the scene stuff and the getting the stage preped for the show. People were bitchin' around me about "Axl starts too late and he does that every time". Stop your bitchin'! If you know he does that everytime and you don't like it, next time stay home. I, on the other hand had a terrific time. Can't wait till the next time!

Ottawa Review

Yes, it´s really annoying they don´t take the time to see who is in the band ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I can take it I'm reading the Ottawa Sun review:

"Guitarist Fortus soloed a mashup of "Peter Gunn" and a James Bond theme -- I think -- before the band returned to "Chinese Democracy" with "Sorry", "If the World" and "Prostitute"."

WTF when did they play prostitute. What the hell are these people watching? It sucks because some old school gun fans that have lost touch with the band use these reviews to see what the band’s up to. No wonder Axl hates these parasites.

I've never understood the obsession Axl seems to have with this odd little fellow and why he drags him out for shows. *shrugs*

If it's a "Canada" thing - then why not invite a Canadian rock band onstage - maybe an up-and-coming band that could benefit from the exposure? Just a thought.

+ 2 well said both of you.

Even tho I agree with both of you concerning Bubbles (we don't know him in Quebec and he's not at the show in MTL and QC either), you should have seen the crowd

reaction when they saw him on stage with Axl. I was looking at people reaction in the crowd and everyone seems to enjoy his presence.

He's there because Liquor and Whores is a kick ass song.

Let's hope Bubbles comes to Ireland.

We love The Trailer Park Boys here

Even tho I agree with both of you concerning Bubbles (we don't know him in Quebec and he's not at the show in MTL and QC either), you should have seen the crowd

reaction when they saw him on stage with Axl. I was looking at people reaction in the crowd and everyone seems to enjoy his presence.

At least the crowd gets a kick out of him.

I think the answer is simple as to why he brings him out on stage: they're friends. It's the same reason he brings out Baz on tour consistently. They're friends.

Ali

Everybody enjoys with a BUFÓN presence... everybody loves the circus