Official Ottawa Thread 1/31/09

Blaine_sixx

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway that we can stop counting solos, intros, and jams as songs in the setlists? Perhaps use an asterik or hyphen for those parts of the shows because everyone starts saying they played a 30+ song show and it sounds amazing (which the shows are - I am not saying they aren't) but it is incorrect.

EX:

*Intro

1. Chinese Democracy

2. WTTJ

3. It's So Easy

4. Brownstone

5. Sorry

6. Better

- jam

- Fortus Solo

7. Live And Let Die

etc...

Is there anyway that we can stop counting solos, intros, and jams as songs in the setlists? Perhaps use an asterik or hyphen for those parts of the shows because everyone starts saying they played a 30+ song show and it sounds amazing (which the shows are - I am not saying they aren't) but it is incorrect.

EX:

*Intro

1. Chinese Democracy

2. WTTJ

3. It's So Easy

4. Brownstone

5. Sorry

6. Better

- jam

- Fortus Solo

7. Live And Let Die

etc...

Ummm.....

NO!!!

I agree the solo's, intro's, jams aren't songs

100% correct. I know they are playing long sets but there is quite a difference between a 22 or so song set and seeing 30 something numbers listed. I know Axl needs time to rest but these solos are complete overkill and 2-3 more actual songs could easily be played.

Agreed.

100% correct. I know they are playing long sets but there is quite a difference between a 22 or so song set and seeing 30 something numbers listed. I know Axl needs time to rest but these solos are complete overkill and 2-3 more actual songs could easily be played.

Agreed.

i don't mind Axl resting I understand the shows would be tiring

they just aren't song's so shouldn't be listed as such

Tommy, Dizzy, and Ron are all singers and I personally think the crowds would rather hear SONGS. I am sure no one would burn the venue down if Tommy (who now has 13 years in this band) or Dizzy (who is a 20 year vet) sang "14 Years", "Dust N' Bones", or "So Fine". Right?

Edited by jellyzero

Agreed.

I second this, too.

Thanks everyone for your updates and keeping us poor fuckers on the other side of the world in the loop.

Cheers, Scott.

P.S - I also can't see the sense of whinging about late starts. You know the deal when you go to a Guns gig. If Axl considers himself at his peak at that time of the night, then so be it.

I would go see Axl and Guns at the drop of a hat, no matter what time of the day, or night, it was. I've been a huge GnR fan since the mid-late eighties - thats like over twenty years and I have only seen them live twice (93 and 07). So if they are in your neck of the woods and your a big fan then go see them play, and shut the fuck up about the start time if it is past your bedtime... rock4

Ok I'm back at my friends and am charging m phone so I can give a few

more comments. I know you're all waiting up for them. Well TAY is.

Unreal. The YouTube videos don't do axl justice. His voice

sounded incredible. I thought scraped sucked (besides the intro) from the

youtubes but In person it was dirtier than spunko. I would say it was

80% full, CD songs were well recieved, though the crowd sort of resented TIL and shacklers cause they just wanted paradise city and to go the fuck home. Madagascar was really well rcieved which I thought was suprising.

I saw a full slash and a full buckethead costume (got pic of bucket) so lets drop the "GNR says..." thing. I have no doubt people were denied entry but if it was a GNR policy it would be 100%, not the

conflicting reports we have been getting. I saw it with my own big beautiful brown eyes and if that's not enough for you well then your hopeless.

Ashba was great but really dug fortus. His solo was great, high energy and I loved

the crowd interaction.

Only heard one "where's slash?!?!?". I Wanted to go up to him and say "probably trying to find a singer for the

highly anticipated follow up to libertad" and punch him in the face

but he was so dirty I didn't want my knuckles touching his beard.

Didn't know BBA was from ottawa.

Plus Jackie Moon is a lover not a fighter.

Unless you got shit to say about bucket. Then it's fucking on.

I also got detained by the police on my way home and was trapped in the apartment lobby for 25 minutes without a way in but those are minor Details. I survived. All part of the

experience.

I have to be up at 8 for my flight. Fuck me.