A question about curfews for live concerts.

Towelie

I'm a relatively new fan and keep hearing about how Axl is notorious for coming on stage late etc... I don't know how it works in other countries, but in the UK there are strict time curfews for shows not to finish any later than 11pm, and I think any act that violates this is charged quite a considerable amount of money for doing so.

Is this not the case in other countries too? What time did the band come on stage during their last uk dates??

I'm a relatively new fan and keep hearing about how Axl is notorious for coming on stage late etc... I don't know how it works in other countries, but in the UK there are strict time curfews for shows not to finish any later than 11pm, and I think any act that violates this is charged quite a considerable amount of money for doing so.

Is this not the case in other countries too? What time did the band come on stage during their last uk dates??

Appearantly Axl is willing to pay the fine he gets, and yes this is also the case in other countries.

Interesting. I wonder why he doesn't just come on stage earlier to avoid the fine....

Oh boy no offence at all but you are new. You need too read up a little on gnr. Here is a good place to start. Have fun.

Interesting. I wonder why he doesn't just come on stage earlier to avoid the fine....

Oh boy no offence at all but you are new. You need too read up a little on gnr. Here is a good place to start. Have fun.

Like I said, I've only been into GNR for little over a year. I got no problem staying up late for a show - I just wanted to know if I would need to book hotels and shit when they come to England.

Like I said, I've only been into GNR for little over a year. I got no problem staying up late for a show - I just wanted to know if I would need to book hotels and shit when they come to England.

I would for sure, even if they get on stage earlier they like to play for a long time

Hi Towelie, I saw them twice in the UK in 2006 and they came on around 10.15-10.30 and finished about 12.45-1am. I think all the UK dates were largely similar, past 10pm for going on and finished before 1am.

I've always thought that there was an easy solution to this "time" issue.

All they have to do is change the clocks in Axl's hotel room and at the backstage area to a couple of hours later. This way, he'll start preparing himself a little earlier, and will think he's going onstage a couple of hours late, when in fact, he'll be on time! Problem solved. :D Seriously, I think this would work.

All they have to do is change the clocks in Axl's hotel room and at the backstage area to a couple of hours later. This way, he'll start preparing himself a little earlier, and will think he's going onstage a couple of hours late, when in fact, he'll be on time! Problem solved. :D Seriously, I think this would work.

This isnt Gremlins 2, we aren't going to put drapes down on his windows on everything to trick him :rofl-lol:

Hahaha, that isn't such a bad idea.

I've never seen GnR before.They have been and always will be my favorite band, but for whatever reason I have never been able to see them. Had tickets and hotel to nashville in 06. I don't even want to talk about that. that is what brought me to this forum and I had very bad things to say about axl. I got over it and if they do tour the US, they can go on at 6 in the morning for all i care. Shit I'll pitch in an extra 20 bucks to help pay the fine.