Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #1 - Feb 11 th 2010 - John Varvatos store Show

axl_on_drums

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all of these reviews they make it seem like Guns hasn't played what, 15-16 shows in the last 2 months?

Mainly because Guns are so far off anyone's radar. Only fans would know or care that they recently toured. Hopefully this show will put them back on the music radar. I hope lots of ppl in New York have the words Guns n' Roses on their lips today.

In all of these reviews they make it seem like Guns hasn't played what, 15-16 shows in the last 2 months?

Mainly because Guns are so far off anyone's radar. Only fans would know or care that they recently toured. Hopefully this show will put them back on the music radar. I hope lots of ppl in New York have the words Guns n' Roses on their lips today.

The buzz seems to be they put on a great show and the band were down to earth, can't be a bad thing

I'd kill to be there.

Axl, if you come a little earlier to Brazil and decide to do one of those here to warm up the band, please put me on the list =P

I'd very much like to be on the list too, Mr. Rose, sir. :xmassrudolph:

I can give you a tour of the lovely city of Brasilia. Promise I won't tell anyone you're in my car. :rofl-lol:

The comments on the Rolling Stone article about Axl's rant aren't too impressed:

dude | 2/11/2010, 7:12 pm EST

to all those people drinking axl’s coolaid, i think its pretty lame that him and his band of gnr impostors will play a surprise gig for 100 celebs at fashion week in NYC, where no real fans will ever be able to get in. the axl jock sniffers are saying its ok to treat fans like dirt and are getting excited by some b.s. show that no one will ever see

I don't see how this relates to the surprise gigs. There are several threads about the rant, so try them.