Guns N' Roses to Sweden Rock Festival

Guest Iron Fist SS

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Guns N' Roses to Sweden Rock Festival 2010

One of the biggest rock bands of all time, Guns N' Roses, will bring their "Chinese Democracy World Tour" to Sölvesborg and Sweden Rock Festival in June.

The worldwide tour promotes the band's latest album, Chinese Democracy, which debuted at #1 on the charts in thirteen countries including Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Finland, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, as well as the European Top 100 Albums survey.

Chinese Democracy was released on Black Frog/Geffen Records in November 2008 and reached 3 times Platinum in Canada, Platinum in Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, UK, Argentina, New Zealand and South Africa. The album is Gold in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Holland, Sweden, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Brazil and Colombia. In the U.S., the album was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009.

Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, Chinese Democracy includes 14 tracks.

On this tour, singer/main man Axl Rose is accompanied by long-time keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the latter's fellow ivories tickler Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson, drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarists Richard Fortus, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba - a musical dream-team and one of the most prestigious SRF-debuts this festival has ever had the pleasure of introducing!

Guns N' Roses last played in Sweden in June 2006, when they sold out the Globe arena in Stockholm.

http://www.swedenrock.com/index.cfm?lg=2&pg=1&pr=0

2010_gnr_small.jpg

Edit:

Setlist:

1. Chinese democracy

2. Welcome to the jungle

3. It’s so easy

4. Mr Brownstone

5. Sorry

6. Live and let die

7. This I love

8. Rocket queen

9. Street of dreams

10. You could be mine

11. Sweet child O’ mine

12. November rain

13. Knockin’ on heaven’s door

14. Nightrain

Encore:

15. Madagascar

16. Better

17. Paradise city

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweden rock festival

First european gig for the summer is confirmed and for sale, how great is this?

I think this makes this the greatest festival on Earth....did you notice who else is playing at this, Nazareth and Rick "Fuckin" Springfield....oh my god I would love to go to this

And it also means that there MIGHT just be a small chance of more European festivals

Edited by Bumblebuzz

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah. I will enjoy that concert very much.

I don't think I've been on any concert at Sweden Rock Festival that has started too late. :lol:

Hopefully Axl wont go on-stage all too late.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

If this implies a festival tour then I am holding out for Reading Festival, I already got my ticket and if Guns get announced my room will be jizzified.

How can you already have a Reading festival ticket?

Festival tickets usually go on sale before all bands are announced.

On topic, awesome news. Too bad it's not around the same time as Sonisphere, I'd definitely alter my plans to go for both.

I know I repeat myself and I don't wanna ruin the mood for anyone, but I'm a little sad if Europe "only" get's festival gigs. I'd rather have a real 3hour-set with just GNR fans and the whole pyro. :shrugs:

But on the other hand - better than nothing! :thumbsup:

I

You're repeating yourself just as much as I do! :lol: But it's cool, maybe that way our hopes 'n prayers will be heard! ;)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm sure there wont be only festivals. They "visited" many festivals in 2006 too, but still played at many regular concerts as well.