Guns N' Roses to Sweden Rock Festival

Guest Iron Fist SS

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they'll do something else tomowwor? It's the last show for this leg.

Actually, you're best shot of seeing something different seems to be at the very start of tours if the past 6 months tells us anything. The shows seem to get shorter the farther into the tour they get.

Maybe they'll do something else tomowwor? It's the last show for this leg.

Actually, you're best shot of seeing something different seems to be at the very start of tours if the past 6 months tells us anything. The shows seem to get shorter the farther into the tour they get.

Well, Bergen was the first show, and that had this setlist too.

To be honest it doesn't bother me at all, it's great to see them whatever thay wants to play. But of course I'd love to hear more from CD, as it's this lineup.. ;)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It was a really great concert. People were booing before the concert began, because of the delay, but in wasn't very much as the newspapers here in Sweden make it sound like.

Anyway, as I said this concert was really great! I stood in the third row (WASP played on another stage until 23.25, and GN'R was supposed to start 23.30. although they started about 00.20) right infront of the "catwalk" (don't know what you call that part of the stage) in the middle, so I was about three metres from Axl! ^_^

Together with Aerosmith '07, it was the best concert they've had at SRF, in my opinion. To end the festival with Paradise City has been a dream for me for about 7 years now (when I visited it for the first time) and it finally came true yesterday.

The media here gave the concert low ratings. Don't really know why, I thought it was great. :question:

Could have been problems with the sound, because it was windy as hell, and it rained during the whole concert. It was such a hard wind that one of the mixing-towers almost fell apart right before an concert earlier that day, so I can imagine that it didn't sound very good from a distance.

I'd rate it as one of my top five best concerts in my life, after AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones and equally good with Aerosmith in 07.

I'd give the concert 5/5!

Great pictures! :) Exactly the same setlist as in Bergen, Oslo and Helsinki. Maybe they'll do something else tomowwor? It's the last show for this leg.

Richard Fortus said, in an interview that I am currently doing with him, that he thinks some of the other new songs from CD will be played later in the tour, on the other legs.

Edited by SoulMonster

It was great concert !! I was in the front row and the band sounded fantastic ( apart from You Could Be Mine which was without any punch) , Axl sounded great but there were some technical problems, because in 3-4 song he was singing but there was almost no voice and I'm sure it was due to him killing his voice earlier because right away after that Axl was making amazing screams , maybe it was wind maybe some mic problems.

For me the highlight was Bumblefoot's solos in "Nightrain" fucking mindblowing + Fortus was playing like crazy especially November Rain solo no. 1

Letdown although DJ was awesome whole night he totally fucked up "This I Love" and "Street of Dreams" solos nowhere near Robin's version, "Sorry" solo was ok but again nowhere near Buckethead version, but he was totally amazing in older material.

And I wonder why Axl is wearing those lousy clothes as he was fat, but he isn't he looks great in T-shirt but those fedoras, coats etc looks stupid to me, he looked much better and badass during 2006 hair, black shirt + jeans.

Edited by eye2eye

It was great concert !! I was in the front row and the band sounded fantastic ( apart from You Could Be Mine which was without any punch) , Axl sounded great but there were some technical problems, because in 3-4 song he was singing but there was almost no voice and I'm sure it was due to him killing his voice earlier because right away after that Axl was making amazing screams , maybe it was wind maybe some mic problems.

For me the highlight was Bumblefoot's solos in "Nightrain" fucking mindblowing + Fortus was playing like crazy especially November Rain solo no. 1

Letdown although DJ was awesome whole night he totally fucked up "This I Love" and "Street of Dreams" solos nowhere near Robin's version, "Sorry" solo was ok but again nowhere near Buckethead version, but he was totally amazing in older material.

And I wonder why Axl is wearing those lousy clothes as he was fat, but he isn't he looks great in T-shirt but those fedoras, coats etc looks stupid to me, he looked much better and badass during 2006 hair, black shirt + jeans.

Sounded like a great time, hope I can see them soon in the US.

About Axl's attire, I really never cared what he wore except from those tight jump shorts in 1991, fuckin gay, if your a heterosexual guy like me.

Anyway, I liked his outfits in 06 (im not even gonna mention 02) with the braids tied back and the badass clothes he wore. He looked very badass. I wonder what happneded to that dragon leather jucket he wore during the first few songs at the RAMR 06 show. But, then again, he is Axl Rose, the guy who can wear a kilt or have a handlebar moustache and make them look cool.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

swedenwp.jpg

NAZARETH Was There!! :wub: Man.. sounds like a really awesome music event B)

That's an old poster. here were the final:

SRFPosterFinal2.jpg

they are live now

28343_409958256906_694316906_4320188_5610732_n.jpg

holy fuck, there's alot of people there o.O

The festival had almost 35 000 visitors. Stratovarius was playing at the same time, but reports says that they just had a few hundred visitors.

Other reports (Swedish versions of The Sun, called Aftonbladet and Expressen) says that big parts of the audience left before the show began in protest because Axl was late. I believe that's bullshit though.

Geez Axl was late 45 minutes and not a single band started at 23.30 , Aerosmith were late 15 min, and rain started falling down and they crew had to cover monitors and stuff , so come on being 45 min late isn't bad at all , but some fuckheads like to spread controversy.

Still it was easily one of the best concerts I've seen , after Alice in Chains ( club show for like 1,5 thousands of AiC fanatics) and U2 (

)

Axl sounded great, band was fuckin' tight and they put out amazing show ! Rock On !

yeah Bumblefoot in mask was crazy !!

And Axl said "almost there" at the beginning , because someone near me shouted "Paradise City" to him.

Amazing version and great energy, this band is so tight, nice to see Bumble at the front of the stage with Axl.

Edited by brazil66

Guest gunns5

fuck it , when they come to Australia, im going to go to every concert. Fuck money and debt, its going to be worth it 10x fold. I just hope my body could handle an alcohol pounding night after night

fuck it , when they come to Australia, im going to go to every concert. Fuck money and debt, its going to be worth it 10x fold. I just hope my body could handle an alcohol pounding night after night

Really I had some doubt but show won me over amazing show and worth money paid.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

One somewhat positive review in Sweden, translated with Google Translate.

Axl Rose stepping in at the Sweden Rock's biggest stage as if it were his living room - phenomenal

casual, carefree and charismatic as his usually serious delay. Nils Hansson has no

legibility Guns n'Roses powerful position.

It tends to be in the program that the festival ends at two o'clock at night. Normally

they are ready much earlier than that. But when it severely delayed Guns n'Roses round the clock

ten past two, it is still not nearly over. Three encores, it will be, with

culmination of a right stilted "Paradise City", and I guess that the festival has never been

open just as late. Now both restaurants closed by inlet audience, in what could be perceived

as a kind of desperation. But Axl Rose continued.

I wonder if he has ever started a concert on time.

But there is still something powerfully with Guns n'Roses. Perhaps the festival's biggest booking ever,

Axl Rose and get on the festival's biggest stage as if it were his living room. So

phenomenal vacant.

His voice is as raspy as ever, but he is fully present. The festival has

stood in the standby mode while he waited for the right vibrations, nothing suggests that he has even

noticed that a delay has occurred.

And now he is there, with one of rock history's most incredible voices. Thin and nervous, full

capable of bad as any rock band. In surface extremful shirt and hairstyle. With

Guns n'Roses one which is about twice as big as a rock band of that type should be,

but it's like Axl Rose requires that kind of backing.

Somewhere there is a bit odd that he has the position he has. He has produced so

bit, and it's been a long time the band had more members than the original Axl himself. Latest album

"Chinese Democracy" had time to become a joke in its ever-extended delay, yet it is only

third time the group has released a new album, and nobody can make me believe that Guns

n'Roses will ever spend more plates.

While it is impossible to remain unaffected by karisman. Axl Rose is a stage phenomenon, the

thing is clear. As soon as you see him make it so that it has just the position he

have. Magnetic, is probably the word.

Even more unlikely was Watain concert, and even more powerful. With a magnificent lit darkness,

where the three-pronged candle set the mood for the entire construction scene, in which light and ran

downwards. And I feel the music even more grand than on the discs.

Earlier in the evening had made the festival of history perhaps the shortest press conference. A single

question, since they broke up. So-so forty-five seconds, all in all. Some must be impressed

of the matter.

I would probably still argue that this year's festival, spent a bit wrong. The two giant bookings

Aerosmith and Guns n'Roses may have been a wet dream for the festival organizers, they still received

the rest of the festival program to appear as something of a slump.

Weather also recorded. By Michael Kiske Helloweensångaren had to wait almost a

hours before he could Sweden Rock debut with his new band Unisonic. Since

audio mixing tower was blown over in the violent gusts.

Then, it is an open question who fulsjöng most charming, Lee Dorrian of Cathedral and

Blackie Lawless in W.A.S.P. None of the links is particularly important outside the festival, but this is

because the bolts, legends. Two typical examples of the alternative world that is Sweden Rock

Festival. Next year they may be here again.

Nils Hansson

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/konsertrecensioner/sweden-rock-festival-dag-4-1.1121824

It was a really great concert. People were booing before the concert began, because of the delay, but in wasn't very much as the newspapers here in Sweden make it sound like.

Anyway, as I said this concert was really great! I stood in the third row (WASP played on another stage until 23.25, and GN'R was supposed to start 23.30. although they started about 00.20) right infront of the "catwalk" (don't know what you call that part of the stage) in the middle, so I was about three metres from Axl! ^_^

Together with Aerosmith '07, it was the best concert they've had at SRF, in my opinion. To end the festival with Paradise City has been a dream for me for about 7 years now (when I visited it for the first time) and it finally came true yesterday.

The media here gave the concert low ratings. Don't really know why, I thought it was great. :question:

Could have been problems with the sound, because it was windy as hell, and it rained during the whole concert. It was such a hard wind that one of the mixing-towers almost fell apart right before an concert earlier that day, so I can imagine that it didn't sound very good from a distance.

I'd rate it as one of my top five best concerts in my life, after AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones and equally good with Aerosmith in 07.

I'd give the concert 5/5!

Cool, sounds like you've must been standing almost next to me, it was insane seeing Axl so close!

I didn't really get that shirt change Axl and DJ did, it was the same checkered shirts but in different colors, what was up with that?

I have som awsome pics i will upload later on! :D