Europe tour thread

Tom1447

which one out the two would you want them to play reading or download??

for me got to be Reading however ant really too fuss they will defo do one of them two

People in general should prefer Reading because the BBC record the shows and then broadcast a large chunk of them, assuming the band allows them which Guns will most likely do if you look at Rock In Rio 06 and Download the one or two songs Download had released last year.

Basically, Reading = Pro shot footage.

BBC cut out a lot of the songs, Download broadcasts the full show from start to finish.

Edited by Rose UK

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me got to be Reading however ant really too fuss they will defo do one of them two

People in general should prefer Reading because the BBC record the shows and then broadcast a large chunk of them, assuming the band allows them which Guns will most likely do if you look at Rock In Rio 06 and Download the one or two songs Download had released last year.

yeh readings really good for that, may even show the whole set?

Fingers crossed. I remember last year they got half way through the Kings of Leon set and they cut it off because the band wern't satisifed with their performance <_< I thought they put on an alright show even if the lead singer clearly wasn't enjoying himself and clearly wasn't happy with our reaction to them.

BBC cut out a lot of the songs, Download broadcasts the full show from start to finish.

I knew it was streamed but wasn't it mostly every band bar the headliners or have they changed that now?

Edited by plonker88

Fingers crossed. I remember last year they got half way through the Kings of Leon set and they cut it off because the band wern't satisifed with their performance :lol:

I knew it was streamed but wasn't it mostly every band bar the headliners or have they changed that now?

All of them. Check out any of the videos from Faith No More/Slipknot from last year on Youtube, would be great to have some Guns N' Roses footage in that quality.

Edited by Rose UK

Interesting stuff, well either way regardless of whether they play Reading or Download, assuming they play them at all, we're going to get some nice pro shot footage, it's a win win.

The BBC footage would be awesome but I can see them cutting the set right down and the Chinese Democracy material would be the first to go.

They're not going to Download Festival, AC/DC is the headliner, they don't need Guns N' Roses. But I'm sure they will get Reading and Graspop at least.

I dont think having AC/DC there will make a difference, GN'R played there in 2006 when they also had Metallica as headliners, so......

Exactly, three days equal three headliners.

One of the biggest danish newspapers says GN'R i Aalborg, Denmark June 13. is 99,5 % shure. Only waiting for the final confirmation.

Would that be a festival or a normal concert?

A gig by their own, from what I've heard.

Yes, a non-festival concert. The venue is called "Gigantium" and KISS play there just a few days later.

One of the biggest danish newspapers says GN'R i Aalborg, Denmark June 13. is 99,5 % shure. Only waiting for the final confirmation.

Would that be a festival or a normal concert?

A gig by their own, from what I've heard.

Yes, a non-festival concert. The venue is called "Gigantium" and KISS play there just a few days later.

Okay ... then now it's time for...

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!!

I have a car, I have the money, I live in North Germany, I have vacation days left - BRINGT IT ON!! :rofl-lol:

They're not going to Download Festival, AC/DC is the headliner, they don't need Guns N' Roses. But I'm sure they will get Reading and Graspop at least.

I dont think having AC/DC there will make a difference, GN'R played there in 2006 when they also had Metallica as headliners, so......

Exactly, three days equal three headliners.

For sure,

It seems things are moving forward :thumbsup: