Europe tour thread

Tom1447

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really considering going to download this year, ive been saying it for the past four years but aint managed it yet. hmmm readings a certain...id love to go see gnr at this sweden thing, but unfortunately i am lacking the funds. Sonisphere line up is pretty good, too bad they already released all the headliners for that one

Kind of glad GnR won't be appearing at Download, remember the piss-bottle incident and the general bad vibes, bad night for GnR but they did recover by the end.

I like the lineup but I'd rather spend my money on a Gn'R show when one comes round...

yeah thats what im holding out for, main priority at the moment

Well the confirmed Sweden Date is in early summer when most of the mega festivals take place. But most of these have their lineup completed. I wonder where they could tour around this time of the year.

I mean maybe they will be a late night special act for these festivals but I doubt that Promoters will need them to sell out the ones like Download or Rock am Ring/Rock im Park as these already have a Mega Lineup. However maybe there is still a chance for Rock am Ring, as Marek Lieberberg is pretty close to Guns and once in a while he gives the crowd a special even when the festival is already sold out.

There is also Rock in Rio Lisboa and Madrid this year.....as the lineup for these is not set yet, from my point of view there is a pretty big chance that Gnr might headline on one of those days.

Rage against the maschine would be so cool to experience live too,,

If you get the chance I highly recommend it, they have such a brillaint energy when they play, you can't help but get sucked in. Plus hearing thousands of people scream "Fuck you I wont do what you tell me" is an incredible experience.

I always skip that part of the song ("fuck you I won't do what you tell me"). This kind of lyrics is stupid. And being with a bunch of retards in a crowd singing along to it is terrible (I've experienced it on Archive with people singing along to "so fuck you anyway" from the song "Fuck U" which is a good song though). I don't relate to this. It's like a poor little rebel teenager shouting you know. However I like Rage against the machine very much.

Back on topic, I hope they don't do festivals, I hope they do proper arenas so they can stay longer.

Last time in England they did Download and a bunch of their own shows, hoping for that again but with Reading instead. Will try to see them at least 3 times if that happens, that inclues Reading, possibly 4 if my bank balance doesn't get too thin. Would be great if they did two dates at Wembly again.

Edited by plonker88

Reading would get them a lot of coverage in the UK, so I hope they do it, that said I would prefer to see them at their own show this time around

yeh thats true, bbc broadcast it for instance and many people watch it at home, but i could almost garuntee that the nme will 90% slate them even if they put on the best live in history, that magazine is probably the biggest crock of shit ever.

Wonder if GNR will go to any UK festival, Reading is possible, and download there still is a tiny chance, if rage isnt a full headliner or they are a special guest. (only 16 out of 100 bands have been released and some big ones are to come).

Rage Against the Machine just booked a date In Ireland for the summer, I'm now hopeful for GNR, anything is possible.

[/qThe new o2 is class hopefully their.Their dose be gigs in marley park in june also the sound restrictions their are shit every band i seen their the sound was really low.

Rage Against the Machine just booked a date In Ireland for the summer, I'm now hopeful for GNR, anything is possible.

The new o2 is class hopefully their.Their dose be gigs in marley park in june also the sound restrictions their are shit every band i seen their the sound was really low.

eh?

Wonder if GNR will go to any UK festival, Reading is possible, and download there still is a tiny chance, if rage isnt a full headliner or they are a special guest. (only 16 out of 100 bands have been released and some big ones are to come).

Download have confirmed RATM/ Aerosmith & AC/DC are the headliners, so unless GnR are special guests (don't count on it) it's not happening...

Edited by tomh