Europe tour thread

Tom1447

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Danish official "unofficial" GNR site gunsnroses.dk roumor has it that there is going to be a gig in Denmark, more preciesly in Aalborg the 12. June, a KISS concert is also happening there 3 days later... so perhaps it legit.. I´m so excited about this.. please be true :)

Edited by E stranger

The guy who runs Reading Festival said the headliners had been booked after the last festival. Reading are very good at keeping the line up under raps so we wont know for a few months.

ah reading would be a touch, my fourth year this year...sunday nigh would be the most likely? are you from canterbury then...im from rochester aint too far

The guy who runs Reading Festival said the headliners had been booked after the last festival. Reading are very good at keeping the line up under raps so we wont know for a few months.

ah reading would be a touch, my fourth year this year...sunday nigh would be the most likely? are you from canterbury then...im from rochester aint too far

Yeah I go to Kent Uni, I'll try and bring my naked streak over to Rochester for you :thumbsup:

It would either be Friday or Sunday I reckon. They did Sunday at Leeds in 02 so hopefully they would switch it around this time. Blink 182 are pretty much a definite so I reckon they will get the Saturday slot.

Guest RonMexico82

Rumoured to be coming to Ireland not sure when or where though. Someone mentioned a festival - maybe Oxygen? Slane is also a possibility.

Yeah I go to Kent Uni, I'll try and bring my naked streak over to Rochester for you :thumbsup:

It would either be Friday or Sunday I reckon. They did Sunday at Leeds in 02 so hopefully they would switch it around this time. Blink 182 are pretty much a definite so I reckon they will get the Saturday slot.

haha nice!

yeh id say something similar to that too, i really reckon they should do hard rock calling this year. Pearl jam are one of the bands announced so far, i went last year and it was really good

If they're coming over late May/early June, you can forget about GNR at Reading/Leeds as that's the end of August

Most bands do one end of the festival season, or the other, not the whole thing

I've been told Metallica, AC/DC and Van Halen for Download

Soundgarden and awful indie bands for Reading/Leeds

On the Danish official "unofficial" GNR site gunsnroses.dk roumor has it that there is going to be a gig in Denmark, more preciesly in Aalborg the 12. June, a KISS concert is also happening there 3 days later... so perhaps it legit.. I´m so excited about this.. please be true :)

i seriously hope they will play on the 13 of june instead cause i wana go to sweden rock and the dk concert

Edited by axl_thebest

haha nice!

yeh id say something similar to that too, i really reckon they should do hard rock calling this year. Pearl jam are one of the bands announced so far, i went last year and it was really good

Hopefully they stick with that alternating policy they seem to have picked up, one year rock the next more indie based, in terms of the headlines anyway, so if they follow that trend we should be in for a more rock based line up this year. Would love for a line up as good as the 2008 one.

Hopefully they stick with that alternating policy they seem to have picked up, one year rock the next more indie based, in terms of the headlines anyway, so if they follow that trend we should be in for a more rock based line up this year. Would love for a line up as good as the 2008 one.

yeh the 08 line up was wicked, the killers set had terrible sound though from where i was standing still good though, would love to see gn'r play...do you reckon theyd go down well? seems though readings just attracting loads of little nme indie kids now, with there electro indie shit thats firing out left right and centre

yeh the 08 line up was wicked, the killers set had terrible sound though from where i was standing still good though, would love to see gn'r play...do you reckon theyd go down well? seems though readings just attracting loads of little nme indie kids now, with there electro indie shit thats firing out left right and centre

Yeah agree on the Killers, it felt like someone had just turned everything down on their equipment, they put on a decent show though.

I reckon Guns will go down well but it will come down to what other bands on are the bill, if the main bands are all in the same sort of vein then people will see it as a big build up to Guns closing the show. And yeah I know what you mean, going there the last two years has been like walking into a really bad episode of Skins :scared:

Can anyone answer this? When is download?

11th-13th of June.

Yeah agree on the Killers, it felt like someone had just turned everything down on their equipment, they put on a decent show though.

I reckon Guns will go down well but it will come down to what other bands on are the bill, if the main bands are all in the same sort of vein then people will see it as a big build up to Guns closing the show. And yeah I know what you mean, going there the last two years has been like walking into a really bad episode of Skins :scared:

Can anyone answer this? When is download?

11th-13th of June.

yeh same, the reading crowds dont seem too tough but i have seen them turn nasty before but that was shit like plain white tee's hah. Id love for gn'r to play, i been saying too all my my mates that this year could be the year. I reckon the strokes will be there, was hoping for a libs rreunion too but dont see that happening this year

yeh same, the reading crowds dont seem too tough but i have seen them turn nasty before but that was shit like plain white tee's hah. Id love for gn'r to play, i been saying too all my my mates that this year could be the year. I reckon the strokes will be there, was hoping for a libs rreunion too but dont see that happening this year

Doherty can't seem to stay out of court long enough for it to happen. The strokes would be decent, either mid to late main stage or possible headliner if not second slot on the nme stage.

They're not going to Download Festival, AC/DC is the headliner, they don't need Guns N' Roses. But I'm sure they will get Reading and Graspop at least.

I dont think having AC/DC there will make a difference, GN'R played there in 2006 when they also had Metallica as headliners, so......

which one out the two would you want them to play reading or download??

for me got to be Reading however ant really too fuss they will defo do one of them two

People in general should prefer Reading because the BBC record the shows and then broadcast a large chunk of them, assuming the band allows them which Guns will most likely do if you look at Rock In Rio 06 and Download the one or two songs Download had released last year.

Basically, Reading = Pro shot footage.