Secret Gigs Are Stupid

springclean

What's the point other than fun playing secret gigs to 100? people when thousands of fans around the world are waiting to see the band in an actual concert? They could play major shows in New York, London, Berlin...film a music video...play on television....do something on YouTube...promote the album...call Buckethead...thousands better things to do than playing to a bunch of fashion people calling it a "secret gig".

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'M TIRED OF DUMBASSES LIKE YOU, FOR FUCK SAKE.

Don't you get it ?? Axl is back on the news, it's a way to sell tickets. It's also a come back. It's also a "warm up" to South America. Please, we discussed this a hundred times already. They do whatever they want.

You're an idiot. They already DO play huge venues around the world, these shows are for the band and are probably a hoot to play...Also, you just can't go play MSG...a US Tour hasn't been scheduled yet. It's not like Axl and the guys can just book MSG and let 50,000 NYers in...

Don't you get it ?? Axl is back on the news, it's a way to sell tickets. It's also a come back. It's also a "warm up" to South America. Please, we discussed this a hundred times already. They do whatever they want.

I shut up when I'm banned until then dumb "they do what they want and i love everything they do" motherfuckers like you can go fuck a monkey.

You're an idiot. They already DO play huge venues around the world, these shows are for the band and are probably a hoot to play...Also, you just can't go play MSG...a US Tour hasn't been scheduled yet. It's not like Axl and the guys can just book MSG and let 50,000 NYers in...

So I'm an idiot for not getting paradox promotion stunts? It's stupid at this point, they should have done this before the album release now it's just a waste of time.

I doubt they could sell out MSG with this lineup ever but a US tour would be very nice. They play in the last shithole for everyone and his ass but the US fans are worth shit or what?

God forbid the band have any fun.

They're having a break before the next leg of the tour starts...checked out their itinerary since December?

The Stones do it,theyrelish the opportunity to play bar gigs/small venues every now and then....most musicians do.

You're stupid, and that's not even a secret.

It's not about promotion, it's about having fun and starting anew. They don't owe anyone anything, they can play where and how they want for anyone they want.

(Probably also about escaping the retarded "fans" if only for a little while)

I shut up when I'm banned until then dumb "they do what they want and i love everything they do" motherfuckers like you can go fuck a monkey.

Expressing an opinion is one thing, talking like that to other members is another. If you want to stick around then be more respectful towards others.

I'm not surprised he'd be frustrated with a topic like this... it's pretty stupid and seems like you're trolling, but whatever.

Oh my God... Not again. It seems to me that some people are not happy if they don't have something to complain about. Whatever Axl does or says, it's never good enough for you, he? Then you wonder why he comes on the board and defends himself after reading all this bullshit. He's in the middle of a big tour that he really seems to enjoy, he sounds better than ever, communicates with his fans, etc, but some people complain because he played two secret gigs before the South American tour??!!! Wow...

So I'm an idiot for not getting paradox promotion stunts? It's stupid at this point, they should have done this before the album release now it's just a waste of time.

I doubt they could sell out MSG with this lineup ever but a US tour would be very nice. They play in the last shithole for everyone and his ass but the US fans are worth shit or what?

Since when do guns do the right thing at the right moment...for years we complain that they we're not doing shit and now stupid fuckin asshole like u complain when they do something. This is a fan site..stop hating or stop comin..I less they are out doin stuff...they will be playin for thousan next month ,so i'm fine with small warm up gigs!

Edited by maxgras

What's the point other than fun playing secret gigs to 100? people when thousands of fans around the world are waiting to see the band in an actual concert? They could play major shows in New York, London, Berlin...film a music video...play on television....do something on YouTube...promote the album...call Buckethead...thousands better things to do than playing to a bunch of fashion people calling it a "secret gig".

Why is it stupid? Just because you can't be there? Come on, don't be envious.

the US fans are worth shit or what?

Yes, it seems so. :fuckyou:

Jesus, what is the problem with you guys? Surprisingly, the band can NOT ignore the laws of time and space and play ath the same time on five continents. So they have to start somewhere and then work ther way round the globe.

We europeans have to wait, you US-guys have to wait, the south americans had to wait till now - you know what, even the asians and the canadians had a waiting time!

My god, you sure support the cliché of the spoiled american crybabies...

Edited by Schwarzgold

Another dumbass thread. sorry.

I'll put my two cents in.

These gigs aren't really for the mainstream fans. They are for the Band, friends, family and a few lucky people. You are getting pics, video and reviews the same as any other show. What the hell more do you want? Some bands love to do these kind of shows for fun. There isn't a damn thing wrong with it. Not everything is about you!!!!!!

Marlon Brando and Kaneda... is it neccesary to insult a pèrson just because thinks different than you?

You acts like crazy dogs jumping for meat ... give him a rest ...

Expressing an opinion is one thing, talking like that to other members is another. If you want to stick around then be more respectful towards others.

I'm not surprised he'd be frustrated with a topic like this... it's pretty stupid and seems like you're trolling, but whatever.

I´m pro-secret concerts for 100 people ... don´t get me wrong. And maybe this guy is a troller ...

But he´s been insulted twice before he could respond agressively ... just my opinion.

It got the hotel and tequila company some publicity, GNR played to a select crowd and prob. got a nice payday out of doing this show. The CBGB show might have been done as a favor to a friend and just because it was a historic venue they did it, but when I read the tequila company sponsored the show, then there was prob. a lot of money involved.

I would never criticize GNR if they played a "corporate gig" if they did it just like any other show they play at. Been to the Southern Comfort Experience shows, which were free to the audience - what if GNR played those shows? They get paid the same as if they were playing anywhere else, no one would censor what he said or did, plus it opens the door for all sorts of people to see them, and people have more money to spend there on T-shirts and concessions. I wouldn't hold it against them.

How is that stupid? They're in a high end hotel,AND LOTS of models around NYC this week. It might be a little too "exclusive" but it wasn't like the audience didn't want to be there. The typical "corporate gig" show comes across as the band as background music .That's not the case anymore. The biggest bands in the world do it, even Bob Dylan isn't above taking a paycheck to play a corporate show. McCartney played an anniversary to some wealthy couple in San Diego for an easy million. Just him and a piano, for 20 minutes, all expenses paid, to a "crowd" of 20. Sometimes these make their way into the bootleg circles. All the bands that play Dubai - serious money being made.

I know in Vegas, when there's a party in someone's name, like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian, they make at least 6 figures just to make a 15 minute appearance. Most of the time they don't even hang out for long.

Nice work if you can get it.