Guns n' Roses sold out in Argentina

totogunner

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm so freakin proud and excited. rock3 i stare at my ticket all day long :Drock3 rock3 :lol:

lol ... I still have a ticket on my mantle from a cancelled concert in 2006.

You will have a great time. I still hope for a bit smaller shows here in the US later in the year. /crossing fingers

Moving 70,000 seats is pretty amazing.

I'm sure we will be set straight by the "real GNR fans" about how this is all a sham though. Stay tuned.

Whether I'm a "real fan of GNR" or not, that doesn't matter. I'm sure somebody already touched on this, but simple economics says that GNR should sell out a stadium if the only show is in a country that's size is larger than the greater New England area of the United States.

If GNR only played one show, a stadium in New York City (say Yankee Stadium... 55,000 seats, another 15-20k on the field) in the entire north-east portion of the United States, it would most certainly sell out. People from Boston, DC, Baltimore, Philly and other major metropolitan areas around the region would travel to see the show if it was the only one they were doing in that region.

It's simple supply-and-demand economics.

In other words, if GNR played 12 different shows in Argentina, as they did in the north-east sector of the United States during their last tour, they certainly would not sell out any stadium. If they did, then it would be POSTWORTHY.

:)

I'm sure we will be set straight by the "real GNR fans" about how this is all a sham though. Stay tuned.

Whether I'm a "real fan of GNR" or not, that doesn't matter. I'm sure somebody already touched on this, but simple economics says that GNR should sell out a stadium if the only show is in a country that's size is larger than the greater New England area of the United States.

If GNR only played one show, a stadium in New York City (say Yankee Stadium... 55,000 seats, another 15-20k on the field) in the entire north-east portion of the United States, it would most certainly sell out. People from Boston, DC, Baltimore, Philly and other major metropolitan areas around the region would travel to see the show if it was the only one they were doing in that region.

In other words, if GNR played 12 different shows in Argentina, as they did in the north-east sector of the United States during their last tour, they certainly would not sell out any stadium. If they did, then it would be POSTWORTHY.

In part you're right, but not at all. If they play 12 arenas in Argentina they will sell out almost all. They are playing a stadium cause' there's not enough places and not enough public for that. In a related way, in the US if Gn'R plays 12 arenas they will be lucky to sell out 1.

They are bigger in Europe, South America and Asia. And we know why they're not big deal in US:

- 2002 screwed tour

- 2006 had 6 shows cancelled in US

- bad publicity (TMZ, Spinner, all these shitheads who just spread lies)

- Lady Gaga, Kanye West and another dickfaces making success and appearing on all these f-talk shows and awards instead of Rock N' Roll.

Edited by marlon_brando15

In part you're right, but not at all. If they play 12 arenas in Argentina they will sell out almost all. They are playing a stadium cause' there's not enough places and not enough public for that. In a related way, in the US if Gn'R plays 12 arenas they will be lucky to sell out 1.

They are bigger in Europe, South America and Asia. And we know why they're not big deal in US:

- 2002 screwed tour

- Lady Gaga, Kanye West and another dickfaces making success and appearing on all these f-talk shows and awards instead of Rock N' Roll.

Agree

- 2002 screwed tour

Agree

i couldnt have said it better myself. i really wish people would stop equating the sucess of NEW GNR with the popularity of the band within the borders of one country. One pop crazed, sell out country. Geeeeesh

Totally agree there. God there's so many worthless acts out there that the teeny-boppers just eat up. On the same token, those same teeny-boppers are bombarded with Shit TV (MTV) that promote the worthlessness and there's usually a TON of acts touring the U.S. constantly. Supply and demand economics again. They're forced to decide to see one concert because that's all they can afford. And with a lineup they're offered they'll usually pick whatever MTV is shoving down their throats.

Someone mentioned they're sick of people discussing or fantasizing about whether GNR are more popular in one part of the world (within a countries borders) vs. in another. That's simply rubbish. They're popular everywhere equally. Different parts of the world have different scenario's that affect ticket sales. One might argue they'll play a ton of shows in the States so they must be more popular there, right? Wrong. They play so many dates in the States because it's a huge fucking country. Bigger than Europe. When promoters plan these shows they play to the demand of the population and what they figure they can be successful doing. Whether it's a stadium for one large area, or several arena's for a similarly sized area.

It's economics. Touring is still a business.

Totally agree there. God there's so many worthless acts out there that the teeny-boppers just eat up. On the same token, those same teeny-boppers are bombarded with Shit TV (MTV) that promote the worthlessness and there's usually a TON of acts touring the U.S. constantly. Supply and demand economics again. They're forced to decide to see one concert because that's all they can afford. And with a lineup they're offered they'll usually pick whatever MTV is shoving down their throats.

Someone mentioned they're sick of people discussing or fantasizing about whether GNR are more popular in one part of the world (within a countries borders) vs. in another. That's simply rubbish. They're popular everywhere equally. Different parts of the world have different scenario's that affect ticket sales. One might argue they'll play a ton of shows in the States so they must be more popular there, right? Wrong. They play so many dates in the States because it's a huge fucking country. Bigger than Europe. When promoters plan these shows they play to the demand of the population and what they figure they can be successful doing. Whether it's a stadium for one large area, or several arena's for a similarly sized area.

Don't group us all up, I fuckin hate that shit, I wish I lived in a time where I would go to school wearing an AFD cross shirt and not get a "hey why are you wearing skull and crossbones shit" comment...

Le' sigh, I constantly prove how absolutely garbage every major US act is musically, look at Taylor Swift at the Grammy's that girl couldn't sing in tune inside a bucket, good god...I wish GnR would take over the world again (wishful thinking...)

Don't group us all up, I fuckin hate that shit, I wish I lived in a time where I would go to school wearing an AFD cross shirt and not get a "hey why are you wearing skull and crossbones shit" comment...

Le' sigh, I constantly prove how absolutely garbage every major US act is musically, look at Taylor Swift at the Grammy's that girl couldn't sing in tune inside a bucket, good god...I wish GnR would take over the world again (wishful thinking...)

Not only GNr but rock & roll in general, and I mean real rock not the crap they sell today as rock :tongue2:

By the way, congrats to the Argentinians! They were starving for GNR rock1

Edited by Black Horse

Someone mentioned they're sick of people discussing or fantasizing about whether GNR are more popular in one part of the world (within a countries borders) vs. in another. That's simply rubbish. They're popular everywhere equally. Different parts of the world have different scenario's that affect ticket sales. One might argue they'll play a ton of shows in the States so they must be more popular there, right? Wrong. They play so many dates in the States because it's a huge fucking country.

Brazil is as big as USA, and they're playing 5 gigs. AC/DC played one and Metallica 3. But this three bands do whole tours in USA

Bigger than Europe. When promoters plan these shows they play to the demand of the population and what they figure they can be successful doing. Whether it's a stadium for one large area, or several arena's for a similarly sized area.

I thought they were popular everywhere equally, You said that.

I quickly glanced through the thread and didn't see a single comment of this sort, so I figured I might as well throw it out there. Here it goes:

They better bring out Estranged and Civil War for this show!

Seriously though, that is impressive and amazing to see that they've sold out that many seats. If they were smart they'd record a DVD at one of these shows for an official release. If not, let's hope for a live stream of sorts. Then we can at least make our own DVD! Hopefully it's a lengthy show, those fans deserve it! Lucky guys! Enjoy the show!

Who knows, maybe they will bring out a few more Illusion songs. ;)

Dude, I get branded an ''emo'' because I like Guns...I wouldn't mind but I have short hair and never wear dark clothes...so Im kinda puzzled by that :lol: