Chinese Democracy Re-Release Tomorrow

Lose Your Illusions

Look at Slash, he has no record deal or label bank rolling him (he financed the album himself), and look at all the promotional stuff he lined up for himself (the Classic Rock magazine issue, the record with Slash/Mike Clink contest) as well as doing little things like the promo video he just put out and a bunch of other stuff. None of it is rocket science, but it requires some effort and a little hustle.

You managed to bring up your idol Slash in a thread which had nothing to do with it..., like 80% of your posts, props. So let's continue.

You call it 'effort' and 'little hustle'...others call it selling out and kissing the ass of everybody in the industry, so you get your 5 minutes in the spotlight.

It just depends how much you think your own integrity is worth.

Slash won't sell 25% of what CD sold, even though he has all the backing of the famous and popular artists on the album, the TV and radio shows, magazines, etc. The 'effort and little hustle' you mentioned.

So you can sell your integrity cheaper with every new album, like Slash does...but what will it get him in the end? A bit of money? Yes. Better songs and artistic value? Nope, not even close.

sorry m8, but Slash is not doing anything different than let's say, Aerosmith, AC/DC... he's helping keep Rock alive in an industry dominated by pop, rap

what artistic value are you talking about?, Slash has played with artist from Aerosmith to ZZ Top he's always invited to play with old or contemporary artists ..... does he really needs to get more attention?

funny how people just repeat what Axl says with no rational or independent opinion

Look at Slash, he has no record deal or label bank rolling him (he financed the album himself), and look at all the promotional stuff he lined up for himself (the Classic Rock magazine issue, the record with Slash/Mike Clink contest) as well as doing little things like the promo video he just put out and a bunch of other stuff. None of it is rocket science, but it requires some effort and a little hustle.

You managed to bring up your idol Slash in a thread which had nothing to do with it..., like 80% of your posts, props. So let's continue.

You call it 'effort' and 'little hustle'...others call it selling out and kissing the ass of everybody in the industry, so you get your 5 minutes in the spotlight.

Slash won't sell 25% of what CD sold, even though he has all the backing of the famous and popular artists on the album, the TV and radio shows, magazines, etc. The 'effort and little hustle' you mentioned.

So you can sell your integrity cheaper with every new album, like Slash does...but what will it get him in the end? A bit of money? Yes. Better songs and artistic value? Nope, not even close.

sorry m8, but Slash is not doing anything different than let's say, Aerosmith, AC/DC... he's helping keep Rock alive in an industry dominated by pop, rap

what artistic value are you talking about?, Slash has played with artist from Aerosmith to ZZ Top he's always invited to play with old or contemporary artists ..... does he really needs to get more attention?

funny how people just repeat what Axl says with no rational or independent opinion

Those people make up so much of this board that I really have a hard time reading this section of the forum.

I think Axl and GNR deserve better than this.

Someone's dropping the ball yet again. How the hell do they expect GNR to sell any tickets for any US shows without so much as a mention of the release of chinese democracy followed up by maybe a video, a new single and possibly Axl doing some interviews?

The person dropping the ball is Axl. There is nothing stopping him from promoting his album even if the record company could care less. Waiting around for the record company to play wet nurse and do everything for you is just lazyness.

Instead of making it happen even in the face of an unsupportive record company, he instead threw up his hands, and took his ball and went home.

That's certainly his prerogative to do so, but no one should be painting him out as a victim that the label didn't go above and beyond for him when there was plenty he could have done on his own to have saved that album.

I agree with you. But I don't think it was just Axl's fault the album bombed. It probably was also high expectation from fans and music critics, some people that just can't move on, and many people just didn't give it a chance. Also the 6 year old leaks didn't do any good as many people hear the demo's 10 or 20 times and didn't like them or the finished product. What really was Axl to do, a press release, a tour. Maybe some interveiws but thats really the best he could have done. He was on here chatting with use like a week or two after the release and he had that interveiw with Del James. It's obvoius he didn't like the way it all went down and their might have been some things behind the scenes we didn't know about. It was partly Axl's fault, but not in a whole. A video would have helped it get bigger, but maybe have a few more sales if they hear Better 4 times in a row. At least the album came out and were not still waiting for it.

Also , Slash may have financed the album himself, but he has some major well-known artists from today on it. Axl was trying to reinvent something the was huge in the 80's and early 90's. It's not that easy for Axl. Slash's album, which I'm definatly buying, it probably going to have many guitar-driven, riffy songs on it, which isn't bad. But it isn't like he's trying to change his sound and bring the best he can to reivent himself and the GN'R name. There was more weight on Axl's shoulders for Chinese Democracy as there is for Slash's album.

I totally agree with you, besides, it's always seems to be Axl's fault when things go wrong.

I feel the record company should have promoted the cd better when it was first released, but they didn't. the cd got a lot of great reviews, but little or no air play, at least none to speak of here in Dallas.

It is true that Axl could have promoted the cd himself, like in the old days, but who knows why he hasn't? In today's market, you have to put yourself out there to promote the hell out of your shit. do interviews, do videos and get the songs on the radio.

I guess since the tour is going so well, Axl figures why bother to promote the cd when he's performing the songs night after night as well as old stuff and the fans are loving it.

I probably wouldn't care much either if Axl toured the US and did all the major cities, including Dallas. At least then, I'd be able to say I saw Axl and GNR and they rocked, so who cares if the show or the cd wasn't promoted enough, at least I got to see them live. Unfortunately, since I can't say that, at least not for now, it just pisses me off how so little is done about GNR. It really is a puzzle. In the old days, Axl would promote the hell out of the band, himself, the merch and their music. Now it's like, whatever!

The fact you mention big sell outs like Aerosmith and AC/DC, proves my point, thanks. They have no artistic value in anything, except maybe drawing smilies on their dollar bills.

Industry is dominated by pop and rap? You must be talking about Slash's version of Paradise City surely, pop singer and rapper shitting all over it :)

Slash loves playing with pop and rap artists, so that argument of yours is also invalid.

And this way, in 1 minute, I proved you just posted irrational opinions that depends on your worship of Slash...which you accused others off concerning Axl...mirror mirror ;)

So the funniest thing to see is Slash fanatics not seeing they are the irrational fanatics who start talking about their idol in a thread which had nothing to do with Slash in the first place.

Edited by LLL

If he called it Guns n Roses, he would.

I hope I'm not the only fan who puts Chinese Democracy at the front of the other Guns cd's whenever I see it mixed in with the rest on the shelves.

:thumbsup: Not anymore you're not!!

LOL.........I thought it was just me!!!!

My wife thinks I'm crazy.....maybe, but I'm not alone!!

The fact you mention big sell outs like Aerosmith and AC/DC, proves my point, thanks. They have no artistic value in anything, except maybe drawing smilies on their dollar bills.

Industry is dominated by pop and rap? You must be talking about Slash's version of Paradise City surely, pop singer and rapper shitting all over it :)

Slash loves playing with pop and rap artists, so that argument of yours is also invalid.

And this way, in 1 minute, I proved you just posted irrational opinions that depends on your worship of Slash...which you accused others off concerning Axl...mirror mirror ;)

So the funniest thing to see is Slash fanatics not seeing they are the irrational fanatics who start talking about their idol in a thread which had nothing to do with Slash in the first place.

so what you're saying is that all artists, should behave like Axl... hide from the public for 20 years???? so that Axl's internet fanboys can appreciate their artistic talent?

you're saying Slash, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Steve Vai "as he has played with Nelly furtado and Mary J Blige" and many other artists that written clasic songs, played with many rtists as their talent is appreciate amongst them,should all take advice from you?? an internet Axl fanboy??

you live in a bubble, and probably keep listening to Chinesse Democracy 24/7.. you need to dig deep in you're life m8, the world is not centered around GNR.. musicians love what they do, they love to play everyday all the time, they do it for them, not you, me or anybody else.

Slash doesn't need anymore fans, if he wants to play tomorrow with lady gaga is because he wants to

isn't Axl playing to some models and fashion people in New York?, Kid Rock and hangs around punching fotographers?, isn't that a sellout? gathering front pages before starting your comeback tour?

don't get me wrong, i love Axl, but pls, make some sense in what you say, for all we know, Slash, Acdc, Aerosmith, neither of them even know you exist

ps: sorry for going out of topic, i won't continue with this stupid discussion anymore

Edited by dario27

I hope I'm not the only fan who puts Chinese Democracy at the front of the other Guns cd's whenever I see it mixed in with the rest on the shelves.

Guys, why limit yourself to the GNR section? I spread the Chinese Democracy copies and put them in front of other artists as well, from GNR all up to Marvin Gay.

Guys, why limit yourself to the GNR section? I spread the Chinese Democracy copies and put them in front of other artists as well, from GNR all up to Marvin Gay.

rock3

I think ive planned my days activites ;) lol

10847_191129119671_824344671_2850235_6196950_n.jpg

Whoah, I didn't know the hand cover was released!!???

:drevil: