For those of you who...

jellyzero

For those of you who are kidding yourselves that "Estranged" or "Civil War" will be played at some random show, I feel sorry for you but they won't. Here is a how touring bands work:

1. They decide on a set number of songs (for GNR that seems to be 20 + 6 oddballs)

2. They rehearse those songs until they are almost sick of them.

3. They plays those songs on the tour.

They DO NOT work up more songs during soundcheck or on the plane. The songlist may change between LEGS of the tour but it will not change much. I'm sorry but quit getting depressed about the setlist when it is obvious what songs are actual possibilities during the show and don't piss on the band because they didn't play one of your favorites.

Thanks! :)

Guest RonMexico82

You posted this in the other thread too. Once was enough. Only a very small minority are moaning about it and most are just expressing a desire to see Estranged. One song. Nobody is demanding anything so take your attitude elsewhere.

Edited by RonMexico82

For those of you who are kidding yourselves that "Estranged" or "Civil War" will be played at some random show, I feel sorry for you but they won't. Here is a how touring bands work:

1. They decide on a set number of songs (for GNR that seems to be 20 + 6 oddballs)

They DO NOT work up more songs during soundcheck or on the plane. The songlist may change between LEGS of the tour but it will not change much. I'm sorry but quit getting depressed about the setlist when it is obvious what songs are actual possibilities during the show and don't piss on the band because they didn't play one of your favorites.

I am not going to say that you are right or not. What I am going to say is. Sense when does GNR do anything becuase "thats the way everyone else does it?" lol

That's why they had Perfect Crime on the optional setlist for the '06 shows. Right?

Seems like they have a repertoire of songs that they can bust into at any moment. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of them are UYI numbers.

With that said, I think Estranged is a gay song and I don't care to hear it played again. But bring on that Civil War!

Nobody says that these songs are going to be played, it's a just a desire.

I'll paste what I said in the Sao Paulo thread:

"First off, they rehearsed 40 songs, we know that much. That means there's roughly 13 songs they haven't played yet (We know Rosie wasn't rehearsed, and I would assume Nice Boys wasn't). So, until we hear what those other 13 songs are, people can speculate what they may or may not play. "

Nah. Not true at all. Example: Metallica changes their set list nightly. GNR can do the same. They've switched it up a little in the past. They just haven't played those songs because they haven't felt like it.

You posted this in the other thread too. Once was enough. Only a very small minority are moaning about it and most are just expressing a desire to see Estranged. One song. Nobody is demanding anything so take your attitude elsewhere.

This.

No need to create a topic if you already posted it in another thread.

So since you already posted this and the debate is on in the other thread... *LOCKED*