Oh My God

jthunders13

Just wondering how the rest of the board feels, but besides seeing the new band play Estranged or Civil War, I'd love to see them try and do a version of Oh My God. I thought the 2001 version at Rio was pretty great...and i always thought the song had great potential, love the aggressive lyrics...

I always thought Oh My God was among the worst songs GnR ever did

In 1999 it was like a God's blessing. Being unaware of the fact that it's just a demo etc., only strengthened such perception. And I still think it's a kick-ass number.

I'd love to hear the final studio version rather than a live version.

Guest Sweet Tooth

I think OMG might make an appearance somewhere in the tour, it'll be a new song for a lot of people... but not new enough to give us something we haven't heard. Where was it played last, Rio? They should've played it there!

I actually started hearing it again last week. I hope its used for a later time, but I doubt it. I think Axl's voice with Buckets parts are the shit! rock4

It's great track, hope we get to hear the new version at some point. No bucket on this track though, it's Paul Tobias, Dave Navarro and Gary sunshine. And According to Axl, Robin Fink plays on the track also, Finck denies this though.

Edited by axl8302

I actually started hearing it again last week. I hope its used for a later time, but I doubt it. I think Axl's voice with Buckets parts are the shit! rock4

It's great track, hope we get to hear the new version at some point. No bucket on this track though, it's Paul Tobias, Dave Navarro and Gary sunshine. And According to Axl, Robin Fink plays on the track also, Finck denies this though.

When did Finck deny it? Not saying i don't believe you but i've never heard the guy speak about ANYTHING Guns related at all. Half the reason why Ashba rocks is because he is so cool with the fans, which Finck didn't do much.

haha didnt know this topic would be so popular.....although i agree the recorded 1999 version of Oh My God has its limitations, its definitely not the lyrics or the vocals. I think it was much more the ability of the band at the time. I wish they would take a crack at it again now. I know the band is focusing on touring what is actually on the CD, but it would be nice to see them take a shot at the song at some point.

I think OMG might make an appearance somewhere in the tour, it'll be a new song for a lot of people... but not new enough to give us something we haven't heard. Where was it played last, Rio? They should've played it there!

Newsflash: the stage collapsed, so it was kind of hard to play it there. ;)

WOw! Thanks for that info. I feel a little down that I didnt know that, but its good to know now. :thumbsup:

When did Finck deny it? Not saying i don't believe you but i've never heard the guy speak about ANYTHING Guns related at all. Half the reason why Ashba rocks is because he is so cool with the fans, which Finck didn't do much.

I don't know when mate, think it's common knowledge around here that he said he didn't play on the track. It's mentioned on the 'Oh My God' wiki page, take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_My_God_%28Guns_N%27_Roses_song%29.

He's done a few little interviews about guns over the years, here's one: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=39368.0

WOw! Thanks for that info. I feel a little down that I didnt know that, but its good to know now. :thumbsup:

No problem! :)

Edited by axl8302