Oh My God

jthunders13

Just wondering how the rest of the board feels, but besides seeing the new band play Estranged or Civil War, I'd love to see them try and do a version of Oh My God. I thought the 2001 version at Rio was pretty great...and i always thought the song had great potential, love the aggressive lyrics...

It would be cool if they played it. I would love to hear the redone, remixed version with Buckethead. Never understood why the song had such a negative reputation other than being so far from what GNR is "supposed" to sound like. It has some of Axl's best lyrics ever, a great hook, and some great beats in it. The only downside is that the production is too muddy.

Edited by shotgunblues1978

Kick ass song. Really grew on me after a few months. I would really like to hear the new version of this song. Axl said that the "End of Days" soundtrack version was the demo, so thats why it has the fuzzy feel to it and more lower. The lyrics are very badass and I hope the final version is on the next album. It has a very raw but industrial approach to it, it's a really good rock song. Don't know why it got negative feedback from critics? Would love for them to play it on this tour, plus The General and Estranged.

I like the original version, so a reworked version would be even better! Better mixing, Buckethead on lead and reworked guitars/drums would make this song absolutely venomous. I'd rather wait for the studio cut then have GNR play it live though, i don't want it spoiled for me.

Just wondering how the rest of the board feels, but besides seeing the new band play Estranged or Civil War, I'd love to see them try and do a version of Oh My God. I thought the 2001 version at Rio was pretty great...and i always thought the song had great potential, love the aggressive lyrics...

I love it too ... it would be great if they put a new version in next record...

Silkworms n' OMG don't fit GN'R imo,nice songs

though.

They've done such a wide range of music now that I don't understand how you can say that anything "doesn't fit" gn'r? What does that even mean?

Edited by bodine

I always thought Oh My God was among the worst songs GnR ever did

Oh my god is a fucking awesome song!

It's Schakels's-Revenge alike, but a way better!

I'd love to hear it live!

Two of the best songs they've done (post-Illusions) . . . I'd love to hear an album full of stuff like that!

Oh My God is a great song. I LOOOOOOOOOVE it.

I'd love to have a Cd with it. And no, I'm not buying the End of Days soundtrack.

But I've got to say, didn't really like it live in 2001. I'll go back and give it another try, but I remember thinking back then "Not a song to be done live"