The OFFICIAL Buenos Aires Thread - March 22, Argentina

ManetsBR

i'll make a whole new review later today, gotta go to sleep now and found out that my ''original'' review has been catalogued as ''racist'' in HTGTH.com. How ironic.

Overall, it was an incredible experience almost ruined by some stupid assholes. There was a serious problem with Axl's voice audio who could never be fixed all the show long.

This was my third concert of the southamerican tour (Belo Horizonte, Montevideo and Buenos Aires), and even though it was a great experience, i got to admit it was the worst or ''less better'' of the three.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll make a whole new review later today, gotta go to sleep now and found out that my ''original'' review has been catalogued as ''racist'' in HTGTH.com. How ironic.

Overall, it was an incredible experience almost ruined by some stupid assholes. There was a serious problem with Axl's voice audio who could never be fixed all the show long.

This was my third concert of the southamerican tour (Belo Horizonte, Montevideo and Buenos Aires), and even though it was a great experience, i got to admit it was the worst or ''less better'' of the three.

HTGTH is bullshit, so don´t worry.

Do u have audio? :P

calling some people in the audience stupid fucks, as we know there were some who were there only to cause shit. Please when writing your review though do not use the "n" word, you know its not cool even if english is not your first language :)

\I do look forward to your review though :):thumbsup:

Thanks for the bootlegs, downloading now! :)

And THANK YOU Argentina Roses, awesome review, thanks!

I can´t download it now cause I´m at job... I´ll do it later... can u tell me how is the quality?

The quality is excellent! Vocals is a bit low on some songs compared to the guitars, but since that was a problem in genaral I wouldn't say that has something to do with the bootleg ;)

s417xw.jpg

Quite possibly the coolest picture of Axl the past 15 years! Looks awesome

LA

+1

Amazing picture!!! And Don't Cry sounds awesome! I wish they would have played it in Ottawa, but then again we were lucky enough to get Scraped, TIL, Patience and Axl singing Another Brick in the Wall, so I'm not complaining! rock3

Great vids. Great reviews. Can't wait for the high res pix. Thx for the audio as well. By watching those latest vides, it's easy to tell the vocal issue wasn't studio monitors. It's venue related. The acoustics are great, but Axl's vocals are be drowned out by the crowd and the guitars. Too bad. I have no clue why soundcheck didn't resolve this. Oh wait, yes I do... Axl doesn't do soundchecks. The visuals are amazing though. I see pro shot video cameras all over the stage so I expect we'll see this released on Argentina TV just like the previous Argentinian GNR shows.

Bring on Lima!!!

How do we know Axl doesn't do sound check? in the Uruguay thread there are pics of him in daylight at the venue, wonder what he is doing there? I am speculating of course. I am not sure a sound check would have had this issue fixed though being venue related. I was side stage for a few shows, the sound at the side was really low as soon as I moved somewhere else BOOM it hits ya, I think it depends where you are for sound, the whole place cannot sound the same everywhere, for example at an arena the bass is huge on the floor and lost everywhere else...

How do we know Axl doesn't do sound check? in the Uruguay thread there are pics of him in daylight at the venue, wonder what he is doing there? I am speculating of course. I am not sure a sound check would have had this issue fixed though being venue related. I was side stage for a few shows, the sound at the side was really low as soon as I moved somewhere else BOOM it hits ya, I think it depends where you are for sound, the whole place cannot sound the same everywhere, for example at an arena the bass is huge on the floor and lost everywhere else...

Speculation that Axl wasn't at soundcheck. He is notorious for not doing them. Although, he has probably done more soundchecks since the Canadian tour then the entire UYI tour over 3 years. Yes, unfortunately venues are made in different ways. Soccer, baseball, hockey etc. Acoustics are always changing. I agree, at the Canadian shows I attended, there was less detailed sound up close. Kinda like being at a club and sitting beside the DJ (ME) and hearing just constant bass etc. River Plate was the ideal location, cuz GNR knew what to expect. I'm not so sure this was the proper venue. I feel the wall of sound GNR are using on the 2009-10 tour is best suited for indoor venues. IMO.

Im pretty sure those pics are after the show, friday 19th

Im pretty sure those pics are after the show, friday 19th

That's what I was thinking. I hadn't seen em til now. It looks like they're tearin' down the stage in the background. Who knows for sure tho. But if they are still building the stage, there definitely was not a soundcheck. Didn't Bumblefoot say soundcheck is at 6:30?

Thanks for the bootlegs, downloading now! :)

And THANK YOU Argentina Roses, awesome review, thanks!

I can´t download it now cause I´m at job... I´ll do it later... can u tell me how is the quality?

The quality is excellent! Vocals is a bit low on some songs compared to the guitars, but since that was a problem in genaral I wouldn't say that has something to do with the bootleg ;)

Thanx... gonna try to download it now that I´m at home ...

Sebastian Bach was incredible! :) He did a great concert and we will not respond with the same energy that gave us. (that's what i felt) :thumbsdown:

The guns were technical problems with sound, Axl's mic did not work at times, in several songs, until they noticed and changed it. In Madagascar hardly listened to the speech of Martin Luther King, they have much to work on that.

The visual effects were excellent, from the images, lights and fire, was very well prepared.

But let us note that despite the drawbacks, Axl and the rest of the group put all of themselves so that we could hear well. The band generally sounds good and the choice of songs could not have been better.

I hope we do not have to wait long to enjoy them again. :)

pd: and dedicated to the stupid Argentine journalists. 50,000 people! rock3

Great vids. Great reviews. Can't wait for the high res pix. Thx for the audio as well. By watching those latest vides, it's easy to tell the vocal issue wasn't studio monitors. It's venue related. The acoustics are great, but Axl's vocals are be drowned out by the crowd and the guitars. Too bad. I have no clue why soundcheck didn't resolve this. Oh wait, yes I do... Axl doesn't do soundchecks. The visuals are amazing though. I see pro shot video cameras all over the stage so I expect we'll see this released on Argentina TV just like the previous Argentinian GNR shows.

Bring on Lima!!!

yeah i agree mic lets hope this great run for axl and the boyz continues !!!!!!!!!!! hope they play twat, catcher and prostitute more tho

Bring on Lima!!!

yeah i agree mic lets hope this great run for axl and the boyz continues !!!!!!!!!!! hope they play twat, catcher and prostitute more tho

If I got all of them plus This I Love in one show over here in England then I can honestly die happy.

He it's the full review, with pics, videos, everything!!!

11golle.jpg

Well, ill try to do my best review as possible, since english is not my first language =)

i was in the line waiting since sunday 21 at 6pm (doors opened 22 at 5pm), no sleeping, there was good and bad times (some bad bad cold during the night xD but well, in the morning we got some nice breackfast ) this part is not that importan so i wont extend that much... except for the soundcheck we heard, parts of OTGM, NR, PC and bits of RQ...

at 6pm of the 22 "doors" opened xD (there was no door, just a couple of guys holding us), we run like there was no tomorrow, it make me remember that part of the Estranged video when people run inside the stadium, it was like that but, consider that i didnt sleep for 24hs it was hard to hold the breath xD after i reached the fence, people started to push, hurting me and all that shit and continued like that for the whole night -.- but well, i waited 12yrs for this, FUCK the pain i was just worried for my wife...

after a while Massacre, a local band started they show, it was fun, i like that band they are like puk-rock-fun band... very positive lyrics and music but, well people throwed a lot of things to them, shoes, bottles, cell phones, keys... everything... o yes, a lot of spityng... (dont know if its well writen)... i must say this now, and dont forget it till the end of the review, the argentinian people/rock crowd is very disrespectful sometimes that something i really hate about us, and i must say it now, more than half of the people, or almost all were there to see axl, didnt even know who the other guys were, they just wanted to hear the old clasics/songs, thats why besides my and mmm like 5000 other people there where cheering DJ/4tus/Ron solos and so on ... but well... fuck them...retards...

then La mancha de rolando started to play, and the same situation with the other group, but, not that hard, some people liked the band... by that time, i saw like 50-60 peple taken out of the fence cause of asfixia, dehydrated or in heat shock, just in my line of sight, imagine how many people more were taken...

and after some preparations... BACH... it was mind blowing... that guy have an amazing energy, and put the crowd on fire!!! the audience were singing "sebastian, sebastian, sebastian" between the songs, and he was like... "o.0 WTF!" he was very surprised, we really appreciate him here, he just give 110% of him in the show, and the audience noted that... also Frank Ferrer and Chris Pitman came in the stage drinking wine, partyed a while say "hi" to the crowd... amazing xD those 2 dudes rock... few songs before the show ended... bach started to sing "guns and roses, guns and roses" the whole stadium joined him... then, i saw frank in the backstage, and pointed him while i was screaming "guns and roses" he saw me and said "thx thx" touches his heart and gave an "ok" finger ^^ In one song, someone thorowed him a sport shoe and he used it like a microphone, swittching them and having fun xD

after a while, after the crew prepared the stage... lights went off... and the chinese intro started to play... finally, the moment i was waiting for 12 years... it was about to happen... (side note: the pyro, never seen something like that in any rock show, its great, i could feel the heat in my face from the flames in the back of the stage, and the fireworks scared me and put the crowd to jump every time)

during the whole show i had Axl so close to me... ok ok lets start xD

SHOW

01-Chinese Democracy: i saw DJ going up, then Tommy, Ron... and Frank... that killer riff started "taaara tatarara... taaara tatarara" Axls scream, and the pyro... damn that pyro... almost gave me a heart attack what a killer intro song, nothing like that to set the crowd on fire, something notice... the guitar solos, they sounded awesome, better than the album... and another thing, i watched all time and almost in every song Dizzy, Tommy, Chris sing in every song power vocals!! ^^ i cried since the first riff of the song, i couldnt belive it... i cryed like a baby... but hell, it was the best night of my life... such a baddass song and i was crying xD imagine what happened later... song over... axl stayed a while looking at the crowd like a mannequin... awesomness right there...

02-Welcome To The Jungle: hahaha love how DJ tease the people with the initial riff... nice way to make the crowd on fire Axls voice was at it best, the band live its a fucking machine... i love how Frank added a lots of new drums to almost all the songs xD songs sound much cooler and complete...

03-It's So Easy: Axls "low" voice sounded amazing, i was 2meters away from him, damn! i even saw his tongue moving, all his jewlery, the details of the tattoos...everything... DJ came near us a couple of time, smiled us,wow... what a cool guy... great energy live... Axl even throwed away the mic stand xD and fell off under the piano

04-Mr. Brownstone: i noticed some new beats from Frank in here, they make the song sound great, the crowd started following the song rythm singing "ooh oohh ooh" where there was no lyrics, great xD cameras running everywhere, guys with GNRcrew shirts filmed the show with 3 BIG cameras, so hope they release it, somehow, Axl looked to my and my wife for a secs, that made my night.

05-Sorry: the chours of this song live sound better than the albums, damn, Axl, Tommy, Chris and Dizzy sound great together... DJ solo was... out of this world... damn... sounds better than the album version... fuck, GnR soungs better live than in a record... at least tonight... the last minutes of this song are amazing, they remind me to the last verses of coma... so many emotions with so good music...

06-Better: Axl throwed the mic stand again xD i looked around me during the song, and guess what? only 3-4 guys where singing it like mads... well, maybe thats why Dj and 4Tus smiled to us a coupled of times ^^ me and my wife had visual contact with stinson, we even "talked" in signs the whole show... its hard to write it, but, he saw us crying, and sayed "your crying?" --yes with our heads- "no! dont cry" moving his hands betwen chords we talked like this on every song ^^ i cant express with words, but man... it was awesome... we even told him about the sound problems in some stadium area, and he told us/mimic us "oh! ok! wait a little, ill told them" and later "we are working on it, thx guys"... seeing Axl so close to us, was something unique... after so many dvd/youtube/pics... finally he was standing in front of me...

07-James Bon Theme, By Richard Fortus: powerfull solo man, the crowd was jumping like mads xD this guy plays like he is possesed, he laugs with the people and make funny faces all the time...

08-Live And Let Die: stadium went mad with this... all i can say, is... once u see this song perfomed live... man... u will know why its never out of the setlist...

09-If The World: Sond problems started here, crowd started to scream "no se escucha, no se escucha" (we cant hear, we cant hear), and throwed some things to the stage (even some shoes) but the translator was stupid enough to dont tell Axl what we were screaming -.- i couldnt enjoy the song, i was trying to tell someone from the crew what was happening, i told it to some cew guys but they didnt listened to me -.-

10-Rocket Queen: very emotional song to me and my wife, shes my RQ xD DJ came near the crowd almos all the song

11-Dizzy Solo: even with the sound problems, the whole stadium chanted "ole, ole ole ole, dizzy dizzy" argentinians love Dizzy, he came here like 3-4 times with his band... damn, what a good solo...

12-Street Of Dreams: Again the sound problems ruined almost all the song, but with my wife we could tell Tommy whats the problem like we said before... thx god we had some chemistry with him during the whole show... its not that i couldnt hear, for me it was fine, but, half the stadium couldnt, and well... besides what i think about the crowd, i want everybody to enjoy the show... i care about this kind of things...

13-You Could Be Mine: sound problems were solved during the song, so, i finally could enjoy the show again ^^

14-The Ballad Of Death, by Dj Ashba: Dj was in front of me and my wife it was great, i could see his blue eyes all the time! nice song, it has a lot of soul...

16-Sweet Child o Mine: crowd exploded xD! Dj plays with so many passion... that guy give the best of him on every note... till now Axl changed his clothes several times, and will continue this way till the end of the show... do u remember the "joke" Axl do in some vids with the crew, like, he dont let them go, and run in front of them? well he did the same with DJ, Axl was in front of him moving to the left, to the right and not leaving him go xD so funny...

17-Another brick in the wall: was something brillant, all the stadium singing like it was a Pink Floyd show, people love this kind of stuff... your favorite band covering other bands classic its great...

18-Axl piano solo & November rain: Piano came in from behind some GNR flag under Franks drums... tears all over my face, all the people singing with Axl... the best part was the jam/battle between Ron and Axl before the last part of NR started... when NR "started" again, man... those lasts seconds were unbelievable... Axl in piano, Ron playing with his soul on every note, Dizzy and Chris singing and adding their stuff, DJ and 4tus running like mads in the pyro... it was perfect... oh, and don't forget about Axl playing piano with his foot ROFL

19-Pink Panther Theme, by Bumblefoot: hahaha it seems that Ron is having a lot of fun playing it ^^ he was cheering the crowd all the time...

20-Don't Cry: Started as Ron solo, then the crowd started to sing, and after a while... Axl came in, in a very low voice, he was in the back watching all the time, so i guess he decided to join during the song... i couldnt believe it... Axl screaming like mad... it was so emotional... u will see it in my video...

21-Out ta Get Me: hell... after hearing some drums beats and some Tommy bass notes, i thought "YES, Shacklers! my favourite song!" but well... i cant complain, i never heard it by GnR xD hahaha, it was a "slap in the face" song... fuck, i could see Axls face singing with so many angry an passion, he seems this lyrics means a lot to him... during DC Ron grabbed a flag and passed it to DJ, then he tied in his back and started to run like a mad in the whole stage... and Axl said "Its a bird? its a plane? no!... its Ashbaman!! hahahaha" xD sop funny

22-Knockin On Heaven's Door: i saw Axl grabbing the cowboy hat, and i knew it was coming xD i destroyed my throat singing the chours... i love this version, its more like Dylans version... so calmed and strong at the same time... it was one of the moments i was waiting the whole show, hearing the whole stadium was o.0... even Ron take some time to go and take a pics with some chicks in the backstage while Tommy was watching with a face like "wtf dude! ur crazy, ur solo is coming and ur there xD"

23-Nightrain: Axl sing was perfect, so powerfull, 3 guitars make this a killer song... the best moment was in the last solo, Ron was lying in the floor playing like ol' rockstars, man, that guy feel the music so bad... he even extended the solo after the song! while Ron was in the floor, after the solo of the song ended, Axl looked at him laughing, and pretend he was kicking him, and Frank added some drums noices with each kick (also DJ did the same in other song, cant remember it, but Tommy and 4tus look each other laughing saying "wtf is he doing? ok... lets keep playing xD")

Encore:

24-Madagascar: Very emotive song for me, and for Axl aswell, his face had so many emotions, i cryed like a baby the whole song, and like with the other CD songs, we were a couple of people sining it, haha i was also singing the speech in the middle xD .. epic song to be played live...

25-Patience: then 4tus, DJ and Ron came in front of me, they sat and started to play... in the back Frank was looking the crowd... Dizzy and Chris had a tambourine, they were siting near Frank drum, so chilled out... Axl came, was one of the most nicest moments, 3 guitar players playing together and Axl behind them, with his hands in their shoulders... man... this band is so united...

26-Whole Lotta Rosie: Argentina loves AC/DC and seeing GNR playing it was pure rock and roll attitude, Axl sounded like the show just started, his voice was still so fresh... what a nice rocker song... Axl with his head so close to the guitar of ron headbanging like a fucking crazy for a long time... he is still a rocker...

27-Paradise City: The first chords started... people went crazy... i cried again, screamed like the end of the world... i was going to do what Axl did... going to give all the energy left in me... Axl was singing with so many rage, so many passion, 4tus hitting his guitars like a fucking nuts, Tommy came i front of the stage (he did it a couple of times) and started to jump, DJ runing all over the stage, Ron playin on top of all near Dizzy, Frank hitting the drums like hell... man what a better ending for the show... then the pyro, confeti and guitar solos in the air... i was crazy, it was an out of body experience... really, it was...then Axl said "Buenos Aires Argentina" .... "Fucking ... Good Fucking Nights"... and mic went to the audience... band came later, it was a great picture to see all of them together... Axl said something like "Sorry for taking us so long before coming again............."

The best night of my life was over... but hell, i have a lot of good memories... some of the best things i choose:

First of all, the chemistry in the band, they really like each other, they LOVE to play together... and if u are closer like me to the stage, u can see they are joking all the time ^^

Axl onstage presence, i seen so many vids... but man, a live experience is other thing... that guy is a rockstar... now i see why is one of the best frontman ever...

Tommy, i totally love him, we traded some words and gestures the entire show, he is so funny and for me the spine of the band... like someone said here "there would be no GNR without Tommy" thats how i see it...

The pyro, i know, its not a big deal, but it adds a lot to the songs...

The entire band, man... they gave 110% on every fucking second of each fucking song...

The laugs that i share with Ron cause someone throwed him a shirt during some of his solo and looked at me with a WTF face, then i said "wasnt me hahaha" and he said "fucking crazy people... AWESOME" xD the laugh i shared with DJ when i pointed my girls breasts xD (yes, she have some ^^)

best fucking night of my life... and my girl was with me... PERFECT...

now, ill leave u with the media... my girl did all the job, pics and vids all her credit ^^

----------------------------------

Videos:

WTTJ & Easy:

Better:

Rocket Queen:

Sweet Child:

Ron solo & Dont Cry:

November Rain:

Pics:

Uploading 85 Pics! ^^ hell i could even take screen caps of the vids cause Axl and the guys were so close xD

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Agustin_rock/GNR%20Buenos%20Aires%202010/ (link Fixed, but there are more pics, no idea why arent there -.- ill put them later)

----------------------------------------------

ill quote myself and ill add the things that are still uploading... well, i guess its over xD i hope u enjoyed something from my review it was hard cause my english sucks xD!

i hope EVERY new/old/casual/freak GnR fan can witness this awesome show... dont doubt it... GO and see them... u wont regret it...

Agustin

Edited by Argentina Roses

to me it does not look like a tear down, and there is no garbage anywhere which is weird after a show, again I have no idea though

That's what I thought at first too. There is garbage on the soccer field and by the fence post near Axl's feet in the last pic. The other reason it looks like a teardown is because of the blue tarping. Which is used to protect the crew below as they dismantle the stage. Things like 1500 watt xenon lights etc. They hurt like a bitch if they break. That's the only reasons I say that.