The OFFICIAL Bogotá Thread - March 30, Colombia

axl_on_drums

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what Axl's deal is with not wanting to play CD songs. We are back at the 2/3 old, 1/3 new ratio and 6 CD songs is about the exact same amount he played in 2006 when the album wasn't even out. It just doesn't make sense that he is essentially ignoring the record. Not to mention we know he knows that people really enjoyed TIL when they played it live, and it was one of the highlights of the album. It really should be a staple in the setlist as this is supposed to be a new era for the band.

I wonder what this guy would be bitching about if they weren't touring at all?

But duuuuude. This is a forum. This is where we wonder and discuss things like this. I find it interesting too that they don't play TIL..not complaining as such, just discussing. No harm in doing that rock2

FRED

Agreed. i'm so tired of people saying fans have no right to expresss any type of opinion about the set list other than pure adulation. This is a message board for god fucking sakes. We all love this band & would be thrilled to see them in concert, but just because some people would like to hear more songs off CD doesn't make them un-grateful disloyal little whiners.

I saw 2 shows in Canada & was lucky enough to hear TWAT, Scraped, & TIL along with the other CD staples which made those nights extra special for me - but if i saw these more recent setlists, I'd still be thrilled to see GnR, but I gotta admit i'd would be a little dissappointed not to hear a few more off CD.

Edited by IRS2008

COMPLETE SETLIST

INTRO

1 CHINESE DEMOCRACY

2 WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

3 ITS SO EASY

4 MR BROWNSTONE

5 SORRY

6 RICHARD SOLO

7 BETTER

8 LIVE AND LET DIE

9 IF THE WORLD

10 ROCKET QUEEN

11 DIZZY PIANO SOLO

12 STREET OF DREAMS

13 YOU COULD BE MINE

16 DJ ASHBA SOLO

17 SWEET CHILD O MINE

14 AXL PIANO SOLO

15 NOVEMBER RAIN (Axl cantando bajo la lluvia como en el 92)

16 BUMBLEFOOT SOLO

17 KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR

18 NIGHTRAIN

ENCORE

18 MADAGASCAR

19 PATIENCE

20 PARADISE CITY

THANK YOU FOR THE COMPANY OF TONIGHT

WWW.GUNSNROSES.COM.AR

According to HTGTH they played Whole Lotta Rosie after Maddy :thumbsup:

I guess, but it's about the show not the set list? I got CD, ITW, TWAT, Shackler's, Better, SOD, TIL. Would I want to hear Catcher, Scraped, Sorry live? Sure, but I want to fuck Megan Fox as well, but you can't always get what you want.

I guess, but it's about the show not the set list? I got CD, ITW, TWAT, Shackler's, Better, SOD, TIL. Would I want to hear Catcher, Scraped, Sorry live? Sure, but I want to fuck Megan Fox as well, but you can't always get what you want.

True- i'm not saying that the concerts are lacking because TIl wasn't on the setlist a few times- it's just that in my opinion i expected a song like TIL to be a staple because it is so strong.

It really is about seeing the band perform live whatever they play at the end of it all-i know if i had actually been to any of these gigs myself i would have enjoyed it if the band had decided to perform the A section of the telephone directory for a laugh!

No TIl wouldn't have made me enjoy it any less-i guess for those of us at home just reading the setlist e.t.c rather trhan hearing it -we get our enjoyment from discussing and pouring over nit picking details! :lol:

Edited by juadlu

Dude u got no chance of fuckin' Megan Fox... Even with Charlie Sheen's dick!!! But you're right, what we get from GNR is a blessing and pussy's that want "more CD songs" have no appreciation for Axl. There's a reason he ain't playing em'. Curfew, emotion etc. When he's ready, he's ready. Enjoy whatcha got!

I wonder what Axl's deal is with not wanting to play CD songs. We are back at the 2/3 old, 1/3 new ratio and 6 CD songs is about the exact same amount he played in 2006 when the album wasn't even out. It just doesn't make sense that he is essentially ignoring the record. Not to mention we know he knows that people really enjoyed TIL when they played it live, and it was one of the highlights of the album. It really should be a staple in the setlist as this is supposed to be a new era for the band.

But duuuuude. This is a forum. This is where we wonder and discuss things like this. I find it interesting too that they don't play TIL..not complaining as such, just discussing. No harm in doing that rock2

FRED

Agreed. i'm so tired of people saying fans have no right to expresss any type of opinion about the set list other than pure adulation. This is a message board for god fucking sakes. We all love this band & would be thrilled to see them in concert, but just because some people would like to hear more songs off CD doesn't make them un-grateful disloyal little whiners.

I saw 2 shows in Canada & was lucky enough to hear TWAT, Scraped, & TIL along with the other CD staples which made those nights extra special for me - but if i saw these more recent setlists, I'd still be thrilled to see GnR, but I gotta admit i'd would be a little dissappointed not to hear a few more off CD.

The thing is it's easy to say you would be disappointed if you were at the show and didn't hear more new songs when you weren't at the show. I think it's different when you are actually at the show and having the entire experience of the show right in front of you as opposed to just looking at the setlist and making a determination on the experience of the show. That's why I don't get the Monday Morning Quaterbacking about the show. The show is an entire experience beyond the setlist alone.

Wondering why a particular song wasn't played is one thing. And even with that, GN'R setlists have always varied to some extent show to show, so there may not be a reason. But, criticizing based on a setlist for a show you weren't even at, if that is what someone is doing, is making a judgement without having all the relevant information in front of you. Namely, the actual experience of being at the show, which cannot be conveyed just by a setlist.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Can't see one already, so I guess we shall start here.

Axl, Richard an DJ in the hotel:

http://www.citytv.com.co/videos/64974

Pictures

11j87x2.jpg

mm7dza.jpg

212cp5t.jpg

260wz5y.jpg

vcyjpw.jpg

15yfd3a.jpg

Set List According To

www.gunsnroses.com.ar

INTRO

1 CHINESE DEMOCRACY

2 WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

3 ITS SO EASY

4 MR BROWNSTONE

5 SORRY

6 RICHARD SOLO

7 BETTER

8 LIVE AND LET DIE

9 IF THE WORLD

10 ROCKET QUEEN

11 DIZZY PIANO SOLO

12 STREET OF DREAMS

13 YOU COULD BE MINE

16 DJ ASHBA SOLO

17 SWEET CHILD O MINE

14 AXL PIANO SOLO

15 NOVEMBER RAIN

16 BUMBLEFOOT SOLO

17 KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR

18 NIGHTRAIN

ENCORE

19 MADAGASCAR

20 PATIENCE

21 PARADISE CITY

SORRY BUT YOU MISSED WHOLE LOTTA ROSY AND ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL WHICH THEY PLAYED COMPLETE....

By the way.........I was in the concert, for sure the best I have ever been, better that 1992 in Bogotá and 2002 in London......This band has proved to me that they really enbody the Guns spirit. Everybody in Colombia was unsure about the concert but today everybody is sure that was the best we ever had in Colombia, even better than Metallica a month ago................many blamming themselves for not going..........

bloddy hell Axl was smilling all the time, he even put up with rain (they played SCOM, November Rain and KOHD in the rain), fell on his back and got up smilling, that was amazing.

Played very well every song, this is a real band.....I was just listening to the radio and the most important and well know DJ is just stunned by the band he was just saying that Axl business is music and that he has proved everybody falling him wrong............great solos...oh God real music, Axl voice in good shape. Also the show was superb, ligths and the pry thing amazing.

It was a 2 hours and 40 mins show, started at 11.40 and finished 2.20am......and around 20.000 people attended...which is great taking into consideration that there was no real promo, and that Metallica did, with 5 months promo around 40.000 and also having into consideration that in Colombia is Holy week and most people is on holidays.

Very Happy as you see, the best concert I ever been......Long live to KIng Axl and his court.

By the way.........I was in the concert, for sure the best I have ever been, better that 1992 in Bogotá and 2002 in London......This band has proved to me that they really enbody the Guns spirit. Everybody in Colombia was unsure about the concert but today everybody is sure that was the best we ever had in Colombia, even better than Metallica a month ago................many blamming themselves for not going..........

bloddy hell Axl was smilling all the time, he even put up with rain (they played SCOM, November Rain and KOHD in the rain), fell on his back and got up smilling, that was amazing.

Played very well every song, this is a real band.....I was just listening to the radio and the most important and well know DJ is just stunned by the band he was just saying that Axl business is music and that he has proved everybody falling him wrong............great solos...oh God real music, Axl voice in good shape. Also the show was superb, ligths and the pry thing amazing.

It was a 2 hours and 40 mins show, started at 11.40 and finished 2.20am......and around 20.000 people attended...which is great taking into consideration that there was no real promo, and that Metallica did, with 5 months promo around 40.000 and also having into consideration that in Colombia is Holy week and most people is on holidays.

Very Happy as you see, the best concert I ever been......Long live to KIng Axl and his court.

Very good "review"..glad you've had good time.. :thumbsup:

FRED

The thing is it's easy to say you would be disappointed if you were at the show and didn't hear more new songs when you weren't at the show. I think it's different when you are actually at the show and having the entire experience of the show right in front of you as opposed to just looking at the setlist and making a determination on the experience of the show. That's why I don't get the Monday Morning Quaterbacking about the show. The show is an entire experience beyond the setlist alone.

Wondering why a particular song wasn't played is one thing. And even with that, GN'R setlists have always varied to some extent show to show, so there may not be a reason. But, criticizing based on a setlist for a show you weren't even at, if that is what someone is doing, is making a judgement without having all the relevant information in front of you. Namely, the actual experience of being at the show, which cannot be conveyed just by a setlist.

Ali

Stop preaching already! For Fucksake, Nobody is saying it wasn't an awesome incredible, Fucking killer show! Honestly, just seeing GNR do the first 6-7 songs is worth the price of admission alone & blows away any other current Hard Rock band out there.- Just saying if I or any one else goes to one of these shows it would be that much more enjoyable to hear more from CD, period. & guess what that's ok- not bitching, not complaining,, just stating a fact. rock3

Edited by IRS2008

FRED

Ali

Stop preaching already! For Fucksake, Nobody is saying it wasn't an awesome incredible, Fucking killer show! Honestly, just seeing GNR do the first 6-7 songs is worth the price of admission alone & blows away any other current Hard Rock band out there.- Just saying if I or any one else goes to one of these shows it would be that much more enjoyable to hear more from CD, period. & guess what that's ok- not bitching, not complaining,, just stating a fact. rock3

No preaching involved. Never said it wasn't "o.k." to express your opinion. Just offering a perspective on why complaining about setlists and shows that someone wasn't at can be seen in a negative light.

The show may be more enjoyable if more CD songs are played. That's tough to say without being there and that's going to be completely subjective anyway. Some people may want to hear more Appetite material.

Ali

My 2 cents on the tour:

Axl has to be tired of people saying that it's not GNR without Slash as are MANY of the fans including myself. Yet, after the first few shows he has resorted to playing between 5-6 songs from the new album a night. That means that only 1/5 of an average 2 1/2 hour show is music that the people on stage with Axl helped create. This is the problem. If you worked so hard on something that you truly believe in PLAY IT! If people don't want to hear it,

fuck 'em, shove it down their throats till they're humming the CD album in their sleep.