The OFFICIAL Bogotá Thread - March 30, Colombia

axl_on_drums

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)

I wonder what Axl's deal is with not wanting to play CD songs. We are back at the 2/3 old, 1/3 new ratio and 6 CD songs is about the exact same amount he played in 2006 when the album wasn't even out. It just doesn't make sense that he is essentially ignoring the record. Not to mention we know he knows that people really enjoyed TIL when they played it live, and it was one of the highlights of the album. It really should be a staple in the setlist as this is supposed to be a new era for the band.

I wonder what this guy would be bitching about if they weren't touring at all?

But duuuuude. This is a forum. This is where we wonder and discuss things like this. I find it interesting too that they don't play TIL..not complaining as such, just discussing. No harm in doing that rock2

FRED

Agreed. i'm so tired of people saying fans have no right to expresss any type of opinion about the set list other than pure adulation. This is a message board for god fucking sakes. We all love this band & would be thrilled to see them in concert, but just because some people would like to hear more songs off CD doesn't make them un-grateful disloyal little whiners.

I saw 2 shows in Canada & was lucky enough to hear TWAT, Scraped, & TIL along with the other CD staples which made those nights extra special for me - but if i saw these more recent setlists, I'd still be thrilled to see GnR, but I gotta admit i'd would be a little dissappointed not to hear a few more off CD.

The thing is it's easy to say you would be disappointed if you were at the show and didn't hear more new songs when you weren't at the show. I think it's different when you are actually at the show and having the entire experience of the show right in front of you as opposed to just looking at the setlist and making a determination on the experience of the show. That's why I don't get the Monday Morning Quaterbacking about the show. The show is an entire experience beyond the setlist alone.

Wondering why a particular song wasn't played is one thing. And even with that, GN'R setlists have always varied to some extent show to show, so there may not be a reason. But, criticizing based on a setlist for a show you weren't even at, if that is what someone is doing, is making a judgement without having all the relevant information in front of you. Namely, the actual experience of being at the show, which cannot be conveyed just by a setlist.

Ali

I know what ya mean, but expressing an opinion, such as saying that it's weird that they just stop playing a song that the band AND the fans seemed to enjoy doing, is not bitchin', it's discussing, and this is what a forum is all about.

It's not derogatory towards the band, I just think that it's fun speculating about.

I was at a concert too once and it was magical ;)

man you guys complain way to fucking much. not enough CD songs.....6....its 50% of the fucking album, which is pretty fuckin good considering, they could only be playing 2 or 3....they aren't playing 50% of any of the rest of the albums....when they release more material, I am sure, the numbers will change

maybe you guys should put that fucking cock back in your mouth so people who have something new to say can get a fucking word in with out having to read your stupid fucking posts.

suck a dick bitches

Edited by axlstud

Hey guys...............Do not understand you, I had 5 songs from CD and am very, very happy with that..................As for me this tour isn´t about promoting CD, but about promoting the new band and of course I is working........Here in Colombia nobody knew any of the member other than Dizzy and after the concert everybody is talking about the all band members. Everyone, I think, had the best imprerssion of the other members, with most of the people not even mentioning Slash. I am sure Axl is promoting the band and letting know everyone this guys can kick ass.....

Of course, if you want more CD songs being played, fine. Maybe you get them, maybe not, but for sure you will never fucking satisfied...........,It is like having sex, you will always want more and more, and of course, you sometimes get it and sometimes not.

Finally, the album went Gold in Colombia. Axl received the news just before the concert................and for sure will do much better in the following days, we already have DJ saying this was the best concert ever in Colombia and talking very good on the band.......this after a week of people just talking clap about Axl and Co.

I guess, but it's about the show not the set list? I got CD, ITW, TWAT, Shackler's, Better, SOD, TIL. Would I want to hear Catcher, Scraped, Sorry live? Sure, but I want to fuck Megan Fox as well, but you can't always get what you want.

True- i'm not saying that the concerts are lacking because TIl wasn't on the setlist a few times- it's just that in my opinion i expected a song like TIL to be a staple because it is so strong.

It really is about seeing the band perform live whatever they play at the end of it all-i know if i had actually been to any of these gigs myself i would have enjoyed it if the band had decided to perform the A section of the telephone directory for a laugh!

No TIl wouldn't have made me enjoy it any less-i guess for those of us at home just reading the setlist e.t.c rather trhan hearing it -we get our enjoyment from discussing and pouring over nit picking details! :lol:

I guess they just fit what they can in. I'm glad I got TWAT it was so awesome. I feel like they should be working Catcher to death but it's not my call.

I guess, but it's about the show not the set list? I got CD, ITW, TWAT, Shackler's, Better, SOD, TIL. Would I want to hear Catcher, Scraped, Sorry live? Sure, but I want to fuck Megan Fox as well, but you can't always get what you want.

Dude u got no chance of fuckin' Megan Fox... Even with Charlie Sheen's dick!!!But you're right, what we get from GNR is a blessing and pussy's that want "more CD songs" have no appreciation for Axl. There's a reason he ain't playing em'. Curfew, emotion etc. When he's ready, he's ready. Enjoy whatcha got!

Just seeing it in print hurts.

Official Health Warning: Never touch Charlie Sheen's dick.

It's a compliment to CD that people want to hear those songs, and maybe they should play them, but maybe they are trying to please everyone, there's a lot of fans.

The latest setlists have almost been perfect, they've got it balanced. Do people wantt to hear Patience or TIL? Madagascar or TWAT? They must feel what goes down best every night, so they play those?