The current line up may not be suited for the follow up albums

gnr-dave

The current line up may not be suited for the follow up albums that were already written.

Didn't Axl say back in the day CD was to ease fans into the new sound of guns n roses which was going to be industrial like?

If so, the stuff they have to release may not fit this line ups style esp if the songs we have not heard are more like CD, Rhaid, and Silkworms.

This band is more straight up rock than those kind of songs. Wouldnt this line up be better served to write their own songs as a group than just rework songs that were done by a different set of players? Plus those songs are going to be a few years older and may sound even more dated.

I think this set of players would be much better off writing a straight up rock album ala sixx am than to just cover what BH, Robin and co did before them.

Edited by gnr-dave

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want is for Axl to release what ever they had with the Robin/Bucket/Axl writing team they had. It my opinion that with the Bumble added guitar parts(I didn't like the Frank parts) made the band sound more mature and full, and probably my favorite writing line-up they ever had. Afterwords they can try putting back the Hard Rock stuff that GnR tried to fill in with this lineup. I don't believe that the albums of the CD sessions are going to be more or less industrial than what CD is today. I think that it would be actually closer in terms of sound to Better and Prostitute than anything else. And Bumble himself said that if this lineup made an album, it would sound like Scraped, Shacklers, and Sorry, which is perfect to cover if what you Dave say solidifies into fact.

Edited by Cdlove

From the sounds of things, these guys might be ready to write and record some entirely new stuff. This is why when someone raised the idea of re-releasing CD with some extras I thought it might be cool - just a way to get another 5 or so songs from the last sessions out and then have the next album entirely new, entirely fresh material.

I just feel like the songs written over the past 10 years (particularly the industrial stuff you refer to) will probably sound dated by now anyway.

its obvious the new lineup would be better writing their own rock album, less CD sounding.

we the fans know nothing about the next album(s) if they are going to exist at all.

we like to think we do ("oh i like the name of that song") but we have no idea. for all we know the next album can sound nohing like CD.

what we do know is that the current lineup would like to write their own songs and not play someone elses. hmmm..

The current line up may not be suited for the follow up albums that were already written.

Didn't Axl say back in the day CD was to ease fans into the new sound of guns n roses which was going to be industrial like?

If so, the stuff they have to release may not fit this line ups style esp if the songs we have not heard are more like CD, Rhaid, and Silkworms.

This band is more straight up rock than those kind of songs. Wouldnt this line up be better served to write their own songs as a group than just rework songs that were done by a different set of players? Plus those songs are going to be a few years older and may sound even more dated.

I think this set of players would be much better off writing a straight up rock album ala sixx am than to just cover what BH, Robin and co did before them.

I think you're absolutely right, although at the same time, Axl has said plenty of things back in the day. I think we would see an album of Better, Prostitute and Scraped, rather than Silkworms and such.

....Based on his evolution it does not look like Axl wants to go back to his roots and record a rock album so if what you say is true he would need to start another edition of GnR to record any new material..............Wasn't that part of the reason the classic band split? Axl wanted to create more complex songs a while Slash and Duff wanted to do R&Fn' R?

I am not a fan of how the NuGnR play the old material but would be interested to see what they could do with new marterial they write with Axl...........Personally I think the current lineup is talented enough to record anything Axl comes up with.....

That was true when he had BH and Robin in the band but now he has DJ and Ron, and that style is not what DJ and Ron are about.

Ron is metal and DJ is rock. Go listen to some of sixx am songs those are the kind of songs DJ writes.

Redoing anything another group of musicians already laid down will not make this group feel like a band.

They need to write their own material to be legit.

I think it would be a huge shame if the already recorded material was never released considering the quality of what we have already heard. At the same time I would love to hear an album of fresh material. Fuck it, I would just love for them to release some more songs!

From the sounds of things, these guys might be ready to write and record some entirely new stuff. This is why when someone raised the idea of re-releasing CD with some extras I thought it might be cool - just a way to get another 5 or so songs from the last sessions out and then have the next album entirely new, entirely fresh material.

I just feel like the songs written over the past 10 years (particularly the industrial stuff you refer to) will probably sound dated by now anyway.

That is my point, there is no point IMO to touch up anything the old band did.

They should start refresh with their own material. I am sure Axl has lyrics for songs that were never finished or fleshed out by the BH/Robin version of the band.

Axl could just take those ideas and start anew.

I think it would be a huge shame if the already recorded material was never released considering the quality of what we have already heard. At the same time I would love to hear an album of fresh material. Fuck it, I would just love for them to release some more songs!

That is why Axl could just release (like someone said) a box of called the chinese democracy sessions and put all those songs on that double album or what not.

He would not even have to release it as an album, just put it on itunes for .99 a song.

That is my point, there is no point IMO to touch up anything the old band did.

They should start refresh with their own material. I am sure Axl has lyrics for songs that were never finished or fleshed out by the BH/Robin version of the band.

Axl could just take those ideas and start anew.

That is why Axl could just release (like someone said) a box of called the chinese democracy sessions and put all those songs on that double album or what not.

He would not even have to release it as an album, just put it on itunes for .99 a song.

I would love to hear them too but considering how long Axl agonized over the ChiDem tracks he's already released I find it hard to beleive he will just let the stuff still in the can ever be released unless he polishes them up for his next album which I don't think we will see for a while based on his track record..........

Axl finished two complete albums and the 3rd was half way day and this was back when CD was released.

Axl said he considered CD a double album. The 2nd album is already finished.

Edited by gnr-dave

The 2nd album is already finished.

Where are you getting that from?

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

Edited by plonker88

The 2nd album is already finished.

Where are you getting that from?

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

Axl and Baz both alluded to this time and time again.

Even look at the so called Skewl demos. Those songs were finished and could have easily been released as it. The same goes for the 2006 and 2007 leaks.

Those were all finished, Axl just added Frank and Ron to the songs.

Axl said in his interviews on this very board, that he considered CD to be a double album, wouldnt you take that as the 2nd album is done?

Even Baz said a few years ago they had almost three albums done.

And you just quoted Axl. He said it depends on how you look at it.

That means its done but he still has the option of screwing around with it some more.

Do you honestly think those Skewl leaks or the verisons from 2007 are really not a fished product?

You dont think he has tons of other songs just like those?

Those songs are not demos even though people refer to them as demos.

They are finished songs that were not released. And a lot of those leaks are from as far back as 2002.

Those were finished way back then. Was it not said at one point I forget by who they had something like 38 songs completed and that was back in 2006/07

Edited by gnr-dave

Even look at the so called Skewl demos. Those songs were finished and could have easily been released as it. The same goes for the 2006 and 2007 leaks.

Axl said in his interviews on this very board, that he considered CD to be a double album, wouldnt you take that as the 2nd album is done?

Axl and Baz have both said there are about 3 albums worth of material but I have never seen them say that they were done.

And just because he said it was a double doesn't in any way mean that he has the 2nd tucked away, just that he has always seen it that way.

Feel free to show me an interview where Baz or Axl have said the 2nd album is done, I would really really like to be proved wrong.

Axl and Baz have both said there are about 3 albums worth of material but I have never seen them say that they were done.

And just because he said it was a double doesn't in any way mean that he has the 2nd tucked away, just that he has always seen it that way.

Feel free to show me an interview where Baz or Axl have said the 2nd album is done, I would really really like to be proved wrong.

Again Axl saying he considered CD a double album shows the 2nd album is done.

And look at it like this. If Axl had 15 (or more) songs that are the quality of the 2007 leaks (Skewl or MSL), would you not consider those songs being done?

Also did Axl say that they were going over 30 or so songs to choose from that would be on CD?

The point is, Axl should just release what ever is in the fault for the old band and start writing new songs with the current band.

Edited by gnr-dave

....Based on his evolution it does not look like Axl wants to go back to his roots and record a rock album so if what you say is true he would need to start another edition of GnR to record any new material..............Wasn't that part of the reason the classic band split? Axl wanted to create more complex songs a while Slash and Duff wanted to do R&Fn' R?

I am not a fan of how the NuGnR play the old material but would be interested to see what they could do with new marterial they write with Axl...........Personally I think the current lineup is talented enough to record anything Axl comes up with.....

That was true when he had BH and Robin in the band but now he has DJ and Ron, and that style is not what DJ and Ron are about.

Ron is metal and DJ is rock. Go listen to some of sixx am songs those are the kind of songs DJ writes.

Redoing anything another group of musicians already laid down will not make this group feel like a band.

They need to write their own material to be legit.

:rofl-lol: Ron is not a metal guitarist.

And Axl considering CD a double album does not in any way, shape, or form mean that the second album is done and ready for release.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Axl said they have 32 songs and now some of you are pointing to leave them just because Robin left and DJ is on board now?

I want to hear the 18 songs left ...

No we are saying release them, but the new band should write their own songs not redo stuff the BH era wrote

Again Axl saying he considered CD a double album shows the 2nd album is done.

But.....it doesn't :question:

And look at it like this. If Axl had 15 (or more) songs that are the quality of the 2007 leaks (Skewl or MSL), would you not consider those songs being done?

I'm not Axl so my definition of done may be completly different to his

The point is, Axl should just release what ever is in the fault for the old band and start writing new songs with the current band.

Agreed, as long as it's the finished product though, after waiting so long we and all those involved with the material deserve the best sounding album we can get.

"I'm not Axl so my definition of done may be completly different to his"

That is why when the question was asked, Axl said depends on how you look at it.

Axl think the UYI were unfinished and needed more work. But as we know they are over done as it is.

The blogger leaks could have been released as an album and everyone would have said they were done.

That is because they were finished. Axl just kept tinkering with them.

Edited by gnr-dave