Bret Michaels of POISON/Rock Of Love in critical condition in ICU

Subtle Signs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand Poison and because of that, I didn't like him, but I later came to like Brett Michaels a lot, and I think he's a cool guy. I enjoyed him on the Rock of Love shows. He's got a great personality. He's funny, and just an overall good person, and is genuinely committed to his fans. This is awful news, and I really hope that he comes out of this, alive and in good health.

hate to say it, but was talking to my mom, a RN about this & people don't seem to realize that he'll probably be dead within the next few days...she says on a scale of one to ten, the likelihood of death would be an 8 :confused: thoughts & prayers going to his family..

Edited by LaBellaVita

Me bitching about music threads in here isn't going to cure him. Neither does posting this in all the forums on this board. Fact remains it should be in my world, whether he is sick or not. I could find a shit ton of indie musicians who are sick and post them in this forum and all it'd do is muck up the board.

cool story bro

All the best to Brett.

Hes a good guy, hope he recovers from this.

Bret Michaels is back in the hospital under very serious circumstances.

A rep for the star, 47, confirms to UsMagazine.com that he is in critical condition at an undisclosed facility following a massive brain hemorrhage.

The Celebrity Apprentice star was rushed to an undisclosed hospital Thursday after complaining of a severe headache. After a battery of tests, Michaels is now staying in the intensive care unit for several days of observation and additional tests; doctors have yet to determine what led to the bleeding in the brain. "We will have no additional information until further testing is done," Michaels' rep tells UsMagazine.com.

It's the former Poison frontman's second medical emergency this month. On April 12, Michaels underwent an emergency appendectomy in Texas after complaining of stomach pain.

Before Thursday's turn of events, the rocker, who suffers from Type 1 diabetes, had been convalescing at a private care facility that caters to diabetic patients.

"I could have died," Michaels blogged about his appendicitis, "when you're not planning on having a body part ripped out of you, it can be a shock to the system..I've spoken to several doctors and they all seem to be impressed with the condition I have been able to keep myself in as a juvenile diabetic. But a lot of extra care needs to be taken to make sure my body heals correctly."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/rep-bret-michaels-suffers-brain-hemorrhage-rushed-to-icu-2010234

hate to say it, but was talking to my mom, a RN about this & people don't seem to realize that he'll probably be dead within the next few days...she says on a scale of one to ten, the likelihood of death would be an 8 :confused: thoughts & prayers going to his family..

My wife is a nurse too, she says if it's really the type of hemorrhage that's being reported, that he'll be lucky to come out of this alive, and even luckier if he comes out of it with no brain damage.

Yeah he will be a lucky boy. The reports of him talking are good though. After I had my brain haemorrhage in 09 I was unresponsive for 5 days and have been left with an area of permanent sight loss. Also, an angiogram is a horrible motherfucker of a procedure.

dont think this should have been moved tbh, it is a big issue. my world is for minor stuff.

I'm sorry? You posted it in Gn'R Discussion & News - this thread is nor discussion or news & about Gn'R. My World is not 'minor stuff' - it is "Music discussion about bands in your world" which is why I moved it here. Posting something in the wrong section to gain attention helps no one - it confuses things for members and keeps relevent topics off the front page.

delete the thread.

I will merge it with the other Bret Michaels thread.

R.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637737/20100423/bret_michaels.jhtml

In the immediate hours following Bret Michaels' hospitalization for a brain hemorrhage, his fans have been poring over various websites looking for a hopeful update on the Poison frontman's health. Now, encouraging word has leaked that Michaels may be better off than initially feared.

TMZ is reporting that Michaels is "awake, in good spirits and talking" as of Friday evening (April 23). This information comes from Ambre Lake, the season-two winner of Michaels' "Rock of Love" reality show. TMZ reports that Lake has spoken with people close to Bret who say he's "stabilized and conscious."

Lake's status update on the 47-year-old hair-metal legend is said to coincide with another unidentified "Rock of Love" contestant who is in touch with the other members of Poison.

Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday evening, where doctors discovered he had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, a rep for the singer confirmed to MTV News.

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause [of the hemorrhage]," the source told People. "[it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation."

The next 24 to 48 hours are considered critical for Michaels, and he will be closely monitored by the staff at the undisclosed hospital. Most recently, Michaels has been a contestant on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice."

http://www.bretmichaels.com/2010/news_files/news.shtml

I think TMZ is wrong. According to Brett's site, he remains in critical condition and more tests are being run. With a brain hemorrhage like this, from the brain stem, you're most likely not going to be awake, alert, and in good spirits within a 24 hour period. My wife has 2 residents she takes care of at her job that have suffered the same kind of hemorrhage that Brett has reportedly suffered and both are fucked up for life because of it. I really hope a miracle happens and Brett comes out of this unscathed.

Edited by tat2d1

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637737/20100423/bret_michaels.jhtml

In the immediate hours following Bret Michaels' hospitalization for a brain hemorrhage, his fans have been poring over various websites looking for a hopeful update on the Poison frontman's health. Now, encouraging word has leaked that Michaels may be better off than initially feared.

TMZ is reporting that Michaels is "awake, in good spirits and talking" as of Friday evening (April 23). This information comes from Ambre Lake, the season-two winner of Michaels' "Rock of Love" reality show. TMZ reports that Lake has spoken with people close to Bret who say he's "stabilized and conscious."

Lake's status update on the 47-year-old hair-metal legend is said to coincide with another unidentified "Rock of Love" contestant who is in touch with the other members of Poison.

Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday evening, where doctors discovered he had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, a rep for the singer confirmed to MTV News.

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause [of the hemorrhage]," the source told People. "[it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation."

The next 24 to 48 hours are considered critical for Michaels, and he will be closely monitored by the staff at the undisclosed hospital. Most recently, Michaels has been a contestant on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice."

http://www.bretmichaels.com/2010/news_files/news.shtml

I think TMZ is wrong. According to Brett's site, he remains in critical condition and more tests are being run. With a brain hemorrhage like this, from the brain stem, you're most likely not going to be awake, alert, and in good spirits within a 24 hour period. My wife has 2 residents she takes care of at her job that have suffered the same kind of hemorrhage that Brett has reportedly suffered and both are fucked up for life because of it. I really hope a miracle happens and Brett comes out of this unscathed.

Who gives a shit about your wife's patients, in relation to this story; Let's hope TMZ is right.

I have nothing but good wishes for brett, because lord knows, as much as I fear him - I don't want to meet him anytime soon.

Edited by SunnyDRE