Zint

:lol:holy shit!!

Iggy and the Stooges

outdoors

Downtown Toronto!

link

Date: Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm

Description:FREE show @ Yonge & Dundas (part of NXNE)

Edited by zint61

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so fucking there!

You going Zint?

I think everyone I've ever known for the last 30 years is going! :tongue2:

Fuckin wouldn't you know that's an on call work weekend for me.

But I'm going to see what I can do.

Did you read that link??...Mudhoney and X are doing free concerts on that same stage that week!

FUCKIN HELL!!!...might just have to book a vacation week or something! :blink:

I'm so fucking there!

You going Zint?

Did you read that link??...Mudhoney and X are doing free concerts on that same stage that week!

I can't make it that whole week, the Rochester Jazz Fest is that week, and I've already got tickets to quite a few shows, but I'm definitely coming up for this one. I was really hoping I'd get to see another Stooges show this year besides Sonisphere!

I'm so fucking there!

You going Zint?

I can't make it that whole week, the Rochester Jazz Fest is that week, and I've already got tickets to quite a few shows, but I'm definitely coming up for this one. I was really hoping I'd get to see another Stooges show this year besides Sonisphere!

Plan on hitting town early morning....the downtown core is going to be gridlock by late afternoon!

Ealier the better...if you want a good spot!

I'm so fucking there!

You going Zint?

Plan on hitting town early morning....the downtown core is going to be gridlock by late afternoon!

Ealier the better...if you want a good spot!

I'll definitely be there before noon...won't get home from Jeff Beck the night before until almost 2 AM, wanna get a halfway decent night of sleep before a 3 hour drive. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit...I think everyone (still alive) and who was part of the Ontario scene back in the day is going to this.

Quite the contigent gathering.

Powerage...still coming up??

Holy shit...I think everyone (still alive) and who was part of the Ontario scene back in the day is going to this.

Quite the contigent gathering.

Powerage...still coming up??

Definitely! Do you know if you're gonna make it to this one?

I'm so fucking pumped I get to see them twice this year, I was kicking myself for not going to the show in '08.

Well I just called in a favour at work so I could make the first Wall show,so I'll have to play another card. :tongue2:

I think I've got something worked out,but it's not 100% though.

Do you know where exactly the show is going to be? The event page said somewhere on Yonge St., I'm having a hard time picturing where it could be.

Just down from the Eaton Centre...there's a big "square" there...on the opposite side of the road from the Eaton Centre.

Do you know where exactly the show is going to be? The event page said somewhere on Yonge St., I'm having a hard time picturing where it could be.

Just down from the Eaton Centre...there's a big "square" there...on the opposite side of the road from the Eaton Centre.

Next to the Hard Rock? Seems like a cool place for an outdoor show.

Next to the Hard Rock? Seems like a cool place for an outdoor show.

That's it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Powerage...guess what!!

The New York Dolls and the Diodes are doing free outdoor gigs the same day!!

link

There's a festival going on just down the road in Burlington...the Diodes are playing at 2pm and the Dolls are playing at 3:30 pm.

And in Toronto...the Iggy gig doesn't start until 8pm or so...

Tons of people I know are venturing to both.

It leaves a 3 hour gap to make it from Burlington to downtown Toronto...it's do-able.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I think I should be able to make it to the New York Dolls too. I was planning on getting to Toronto around 1 to get a good spot and wait the day out, but that should break the day up nicely.

We should meet up at one of the shows.

I think I should be able to make it to the New York Dolls too. I was planning on getting to Toronto around 1 to get a good spot and wait the day out, but that should break the day up nicely.

Still not sure I'm going! :shrugs:

I know for a fact I'm tied up with some work until early afternoon...so the Dolls are out for me (and I'm seeing the Diodes this Thursday).

But I still have to wangle some shit for the afternoon/evening or I can't go.

If it was a complete free day for me...I'd be doing all three bands for sure!

Really wanna see Iggy...but the odds are slim right now. (but I'm working on it)

Still not sure I'm going! :shrugs:

I know for a fact I'm tied up with some work until early afternoon...so the Dolls are out for me (and I'm seeing the Diodes this Thursday).

But I still have to wangle some shit for the afternoon/evening or I can't go.

If it was a complete free day for me...I'd be doing all three bands for sure!

Really wanna see Iggy...but the odds are slim right now. (but I'm working on it)

Man, that sucks...hope you can at least get to The Stooges.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey P5

I was talking to the guitarist from the Diodes...he was saying that the promoters purposely bumped the Diodes and Dolls gigs into the afternoon,so people would be free to make it to the Stooges gig that night.

The bands aren't exactly thrilled about a night time gig becoming a daytime gig...but,at the very least,it frees them up to hike it down the road to see the Iggy.

He also said he saw this incarnation of the Stooges (UK I think) and they were amazing.

In fact,he saw this incarnation back in the day in Toronto...and said they are every bit as good now as they were then!

"Bloody phenominal" as he put it.

Oh and...apparantly the Stooges won't be hitting the stage till 9:30 pm

VERY earliest is 8:30 (according to some reports)...but horse's mouth kinda info tells me 9:30pm.

So you have plenty of time to make it from the Dolls to Iggy.

Edited by zint61