Iggy and the Stooges Toronto Saturday June 19, 2010

Zint

I don't have the full show to verify order,but a friend was sending text updates,and the set order he posted is..

1) Raw Power

2) Kill City

3) Search and Destroy

4) Gimme Danger

5) Cock In My Pocket

6) Shake Appeal

7) 1970 / sax jam

8) Above The Law

9) I Got A Right

10) I Wanna Be Your Dog

11) Hard To Beat

12) Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell

13) Death Trip

14) Open Up and Bleed

Encore:

15) Loose

16) Funhouse

17) No Fun

"the ballad"...wherever that fits in,it's called "No Sense of Crime" (and apparantly it's the first time they've ever played it live)

I have a feeling some of that order might be out of order...but you can match it up with your footage.

Jesus Christ...look at that set list!!

Just ridiculously,utterly amazing!

Edited by zint61

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the full show to verify order,but a friend was sending text updates,and the set order he posted is..

1) Raw Power

2) Kill City

3) Search and Destroy

4) Gimme Danger

5) Cock In My Pocket

6) Shake Appeal

7) 1970 / sax jam

8) Above The Law

9) I Got A Right

10) I Wanna Be Your Dog

11) Hard To Beat

13) Death Trip

14) Open Up and Bleed

Encore:

15) Loose

16) Funhouse

17) No Fun

"the ballad"...wherever that fits in,it's called "No Sense of Crime" (and apparantly it's the first time they've ever played it live)

I have a feeling some of that order might be out of order...but you can match it up with your footage.

That looks right. Kill City and Above The Law were the ones I needed to know. No Sense Of Crime fits in after Funhouse. The only thing in that I'm not so sure about...aren't Hard To Beat and You Pretty Face Is Going To Hell the same song? I don't believe there was anything in between I Wanna Be Your Dog and Your Pretty Face.

Do you know if the band has ever recorded No Sense Of Crime? The song was totally new to me. There's a demo in the Heavy Liquid box set called Sense Of The Crime, I'll have to dig the box set out and see if it's the same song.

Agreed on the setlist, it was fucking amazing! I was especially glad to hear I Got A Right and Cock In My Pocket, 2 of their best IMO.

Edited by Powerage5

1) Raw Power

2) Kill City

3) Search and Destroy

4) Gimme Danger

5) Cock In My Pocket

6) Shake Appeal

7) 1970 / sax jam

8) Above The Law

9) I Got A Right

10) I Wanna Be Your Dog

11) Hard To Beat

13) Death Trip

14) Open Up and Bleed

Encore:

15) Loose

16) Funhouse

17) No Fun

That looks right. Kill City and Above The Law were the ones I needed to know. No Sense Of Crime fits in after Funhouse. The only thing in that I'm not so sure about...aren't Hard To Beat and You Pretty Face Is Going To Hell the same song? I don't believe there was anything in between I Wanna Be Your Dog and Your Pretty Face.

Do you know if the band has ever recorded No Sense Of Crime? The song was totally new to me. There's a demo in the Heavy Liquid box set called Sense Of The Crime, I'll have to dig the box set out and see if it's the same song.

Agreed on the setlist, it was fucking amazing! I was especially glad to hear I Got A Right and Cock In My Pocket, 2 of their best IMO.

Yeah,Pretty Face and Hard to Beat are the same song (Pretty Face is the actual title,the song says in brackets "also known as Hard To Beat".I've been so wiped out tired I didn't notice that he listed that song as Hard to Beat.When I was recopying his list,I noticed he didn't have Pretty Face in there,so I added it. (my bad for not spotting it)

I was thinking the ballad is a new song,I've never heard it before either.But I was reading a Mike Watt interview,and he said James gave Iggy some new music to write lyrics to (ie: new songs coming with Williamson on them!!).So I thought maybe that's what they had done.

Maybe it is that demo you were talking about?? :shrugs:

My friend who was texting the titles didn't know the title of that one either..

I got the title of that particular song from a news article that reviewed the show,so...take the ballad title with a grain of salt.

1) Raw Power

2) Kill City

3) Search and Destroy

4) Gimme Danger

5) Cock In My Pocket

6) Shake Appeal

7) 1970 / sax jam

8) Above The Law

9) I Got A Right

10) I Wanna Be Your Dog

11) Hard To Beat

13) Death Trip

14) Open Up and Bleed

Encore:

15) Loose

16) Funhouse

17) No Fun

Yeah,Pretty Face and Hard to Beat are the same song (Pretty Face is the actual title,the song says in brackets "also known as Hard To Beat".I've been so wiped out tired I didn't notice that he listed that song as Hard to Beat.When I was recopying his list,I noticed he didn't have Pretty Face in there,so I added it. (my bad for not spotting it)

I was thinking the ballad is a new song,I've never heard it before either.But I was reading a Mike Watt interview,and he said James gave Iggy some new music to write lyrics to (ie: new songs coming with Williamson on them!!).So I thought maybe that's what they had done.

I got the title of that particular song from a news article that reviewed the show,so...take the ballad title with a grain of salt.

No, the title is definitely No Sense Of Crime, you can hear Iggy call it that on the video. I found my Heavy Liquid box set this morning, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I'll let you know after I do

Just finished editing in the chapter marks, it looks and sounds great, minus the occasional shake. I gotta give props to anyone who can film a festival show properly, it was tough!

Edited by Powerage5

Here's a sample of my video. It's not as pixelized as the Youtube sample; that's due to the ripping from the DVD. It's a bit grainy due to how dark it was however. This is also before I started zooming in more.

Looks GREAT! man...kudos on it looking that good considering the conditions you had to endure! :blink:

Here's a sample of my video. It's not as pixelized as the Youtube sample; that's due to the ripping from the DVD. It's a bit grainy due to how dark it was however. This is also before I started zooming in more.

Looks GREAT! man...kudos on it looking that good considering the conditions you had to endure! :blink:

Glad you like what you've seen so far. It was definitely tricky with the crowd being as rowdy as they were, and like I said, there's a few spots where the camera just wanders aimlessly if someone was trying to climb the tent next to us or anything, but overall I'm pretty happy with it! I know the camera is a bit outdated, but oh well.

Hey all, here's a download link for the proshot Raw Power:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MK0JTNSN

Thank you for that.

I didnt realise you were such a big Stooges fan.

Oh yea, they're one of my favorite bands. I've been waiting since about '05 to see them, and it definitely met my expectations!

Yeah, I've been dying to see them again for 4 years now. Havent had the chance yet. :(

Do you have the rest of the pro shot for the show?

Nope, Raw Power is all that's popped up, which has since been taken offline anyways.

Ah ok. Where did you find the link?

Zint posted a link to a site where it was streaming back on page 3 I think. It's since been removed from the original site.

Nope, Raw Power is all that's popped up, which has since been taken offline anyways.

Ah ok. Where did you find the link?

Zint posted a link to a site where it was streaming back on page 3 I think. It's since been removed from the original site.

I think it's still on the site,but you have to register with the site to see the videos.

I guess a gazillion people started linking to it.

I think it's still on the site,but you have to register with the site to see the videos.

So, there isnt any more of the show up? If there is would you be able to post the rest of the pro shot links in here? Thanks.

So, there isnt any more of the show up? If there is would you be able to post the rest of the pro shot links in here? Thanks.

Not pro shot,from that source..they reviewed different shows from the festival and posted one song to accompany the review.

There's no more Stooges there to see.

1) Raw Power

2) Kill City

3) Search and Destroy

4) Gimme Danger

5) Cock In My Pocket

6) Shake Appeal

7) 1970 / sax jam

8) Above The Law

9) I Got A Right

10) I Wanna Be Your Dog

11) Hard To Beat

13) Death Trip

14) Open Up and Bleed

Encore:

15) Loose

16) Funhouse

17) No Fun

Ok, I've done some research into No Sense Of Crime. It's not the same as Scene Of The Crime on the Heavy Liquid box set as I thought it may have been. However, there are recordings of it released. The only proper recording I've been able to find so far is on the Iggy Pop/James Williamson album Kill City. This album also includes proper recordings of Kill City and Beyond The Law. There is another third party release called Penetration, which features demos or rehearsals of all three of these songs. Now, here's the REALLY interesting part: Even though Heavy Liquid supposedly covers every single demo, rehearsal, and proper live recording recorded anywhere between 1972 and 1974 (And it's not hard to believe; the first disc alone has 13 different takes of I Got A Right!), none of these songs appear on the box set in any form. :shrugs:

By the way, if you haven't heard the Heavy Liquid box set, you should REALLY check it out sometime. I've been playing it constantly since the show Saturday, and there's some really amazing stuff on it. The first 3 discs are mostly pre-Raw Power demos tour rehearsals, and the last 3 discs are live sets from the Raw Power era. The sound quality is a bit spotty on some stuff, but if you can sit through Metallic K.O. these will sound fine! The set has thoroughly convinced me that the fourth Stooges album would have been the best yet, had it included some of the songs which were never properly recorded.

Edited by Powerage5

Good info...thanks!

Also..regarding the Kill City album..apparantly at the Toronto show they broke into another song from it...kinda led in after 1970..it's called Night Theme.

Yep, didn't find that out until after I authored the DVD...whatever. It blends it with 1970 pretty well. I thought it was just a little jam between 1970 and Beyond The Law while Iggy went off stage.